Akira 3w M215 Joins Baby Brother and Sister

bogeydog

After a few months of patiently waiting, the 3 wood has arrived. With three rounds under my belt, I can say that it performs every bit as well as the 5 & 7 woods.

At 15* it works well off the deck and tee. It has a very similar shape as the others just slightly larger. Performance is spot on. You have read my raves about the 5 and 7 and the 3 is no different.

I can honestly say these are firmly in the bag and I will not be looking for replacements anytime soon. The bad thing is that you may be too late to buy these. Do yourself a favor and get what is left.

Are they really that good? I'm a little intregued by these.

If you like mid to smallish fairway woods with a nice shape, mid depth, super solid feel with forgiveness yet workable they are the real deal. I have owned many of the top woods, and for me nothing has performed as solid as these. I almost find myself playing to positions that require me to hit these clubs.

Welllllllll.........

I took the plunge for the 18 and 21*. Don't have a 3 wood in the bag at the moment.... I find I don't hit it very often.

They have officially knocked the Eggs out of the bag. It wasn't easy.

I also tried the rescue in 24', why I don't know as I've never met a rescue that stayed in the bag more than 5 minutes.

The Akira rescue has landed a spot in the bag and knocked out the 3 wood. I kept the 3 wood in the bag a couple of rounds with the

rescue and hit the 3 wood 3 times, the rescue 11.

Having said that I'm about to flip a coin and see if we should pick up the Akira 3 wood or the Ryoma 3 wood......

I really believed I would never find a FW I hit as well or better as the eggs. The Akira's have done it.

Bob, When are you going to try/buy the Driver??

As anyone tried one of the above 3 woods against the Epon 3HT??

I see there quite a big price difference??

As anyone tried one of the above 3 woods against the Epon 3HT??

I see there quite a big price difference??

Excellent 3 wood. Good possibility it is the 3 wood I'd play or at least give a run with IF it was a bit less upright.... or carrying one.

I guess there's a few courses out there that you need one. I been hitting the 18* far enough and more accurately to get away

not carry the 3 The rescue has really filled in the 180yd shot nicely.

A big part of what makes the Akira's work for me is the flatter lie. For example the Epon 3 wood is 3* more

upright than the Akira. Makes a big difference when you're not wearing just the heel out on the FW;s..... I'm always

bugging Tario to try and get diff. manufactures to bend their FW's a couple * for me....

im playing the 3,5,7 now too.

we bought the last of the mohicans on these.

I have about 5 of each left.

Are these Head only??

A video review of these would be great. What do you think, Chris and Tario?

• 1 month later...

any pics of the 3w?

yes, I can do that, I have a 14 degree and 17 degree, that may take me a few days to get posted up

I'm very impressed with all of this stuff, I have always played US companies/US Market companies (you know what I mean), but Akira is out performing all of my other stuff I have (and I have always got nothing but tour issued gear- I work at a course that hosts a tour event every year),

this Akira stuff is just simply better than the equipment I have played in the past decade or so

yes, I can do that, I have a 14 degree and 17 degree, that may take me a few days to get posted up

I'm very impressed with all of this stuff, I have always played US companies/US Market companies (you know what I mean), but Akira is out performing all of my other stuff I have (and I have always got nothing but tour issued gear- I work at a course that hosts a tour event every year),

this Akira stuff is just simply better than the equipment I have played in the past decade or so

is the 17 a 4 w or a strong 5?

i see you have an all akira bag? awesome!

looking forward to your pics. still havent found a 3w that

i can trust.

is the 17 a 4 w or a strong 5?

i see you have an all akira bag? awesome!

looking forward to your pics. still havent found a 3w that

i can trust.

think it is a 4 wood, not positive though, it doesn't specify that on the head

• 1 month later...

Any chance of a pic addressing a ball with the m215?

Very clean & traditional looking, I really like it. Thanks Chris.

.355 tip? Any 3 woods left?

IMG_8387.jpg

IMG_8343.jpg

IMG_8327.jpg

that is a very very good looking face! love the shape.

C have you had a chance to hit this yet? could you elaborate on differences

with the yonex ezone 15? thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I continue to play the 3, 5, 7 woods. They are firmly in the bag and maybe will never leave. I love to find shots which I need to hit these. I have had more memorable shots with these clubs as any in recent memory. So so perfect.

A friend of mine who is a 6 HC and extremely long hitter hit my Akira clubs this weekend. He was hitting the 5w around 245 on the fly. He also hit the 3 and 7 with similar results. He was shocked as he has been playing without FW for a long time. As a side note, Imagine his face when I showed him the shafts were regular flex and he had no problem with control. His swing is very stable and consistent.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i have had my first experience with Akira! i was surprised that they are damn good. for the price

you can get them on the net its sick and utterly blasphemous , they can easily charge double

and i would still get them. highly highly underrated and much better than the Jbeam fairway

woods i borrowed from a friend.

the one i have isnt listed on the site? need more info on these puppies, can someone chime in?

these seem to be deeper and play square to open depending on the angle. feels so soft and ball

rockets of the face, i have had the chance to game the 5w on several occasions and love it!

the 3w is yet to be gamed, as i am loving my XV 14!

here are some pics

post-10550-0-53635300-1339138312.jpg

post-10550-0-13420700-1339138325.jpg

post-10550-0-61785700-1339138340.jpg