recycling old models as a test..

supo

i decided to recycle an older fav iron set of mine , tried selling them a while back but they didnt take , so after a super intense session at the range last week in which i striped the balzes out of them, ive decided to reinstate the FOURTEEN tc-1000 back to thier former glory.

last week i took every 7 iron i have for a hit off and discovered with some amazement that these tc-1000s were infact as soft and delcious to hit as anything i have.

they were shafted with ns 950s so that kinda makes sense but...,

the soles on these are really quite thin, not too dissimilar to the yururi and miuraism, touch larger but not much

they have a thicker top line tho which erked me a bit , but the size of the blade over all is quite small and compact. very rounded

i like a thinner sole and im not mad on chunky toplines which is why i stopped using these a while back , they look pretty full. but have since discovered that in fact.., they arnt that big when i compare them to my others.

i was going these against the Tour stage 901s as my set ill reshaft with uber- shafts and play alot more.

the TC-1000 won but it was super close ,the TS are a lot more knife like and very thin, a perfect iron for plotting ur way around a difficult track, or playing on tight lies . prob one of the best. the sole is preposterpously thin, they dont go very far , and i dont have to clobber them, to get results in accuracy. but i i fnd i try to get them to go the same distance as say my yammys which is just not gonna happen so i over swing with these far too much.

the tc -1000 deliver a pretty low flight really , they are beautiful to hit as soft as anythng u can think of, truely. they are a blade wit hte back cut out of them whcih offer beautiful forgivness but with the playability of a true blade.

they are a brilliant mix of both styles.

bec they are so low , i i think they are gettting the ora x

ill pull form my yammy tours.

just bec a club is a cpl of yrs old, doesnt mean that it is has-been

i firmly believe new is NOT alwatys better.

ill post a few piccys when i get these up to scratch

Edited by supo67

the tc -1000 deliver a pretty low flight really , they are beautiful to hit as soft as anythng u can think of, truely. they are a blade wit hte back cut out of them whcih offer beautiful forgivness but with the playability of a true blade.

they are a brilliant mix of both styles.

just bec a club is a cpl of yrs old, doesnt mean that it is has-been

i firmly believe new is NOT alwatys better.

ill post a few piccys when i get these up to scratch

I agree, recently swapped out the vacation bag and hit a bucket with a very old set of TM X300-FCI that were Miura forged(I believe). They were like butter. I haven't hit a cavity back club in a cpl of years and not on a regular basis in over a decade. But they were a great feeling head. But alas they are going to get de-shafted and become part of a collection... Want to try and stick with conforming clubs from here on out...

I used to own a set of these.

Smallish head, good feel, immensely workable.

Had a nice boxy look to them.

They were easier to hit than the TB-1000.

I agree about the top line.

Both the TC and TBs had a slightly thicker topline than what would be expected from player's clubs.

I actually found the TB1000 easier to score with than the TC1000s. I broke par a couple of times with the TB1000s. Something I never got to sniffing with the TC1000s. Of course I only played the TB1000 5-pw

Both the TC and TBs had a slightly thicker topline than what would be expected from player's clubs.

I actually found the TB1000 easier to score with than the TC1000s. I broke par a couple of times with the TB1000s. Something I never got to sniffing with the TC1000s. Of course I only played the TB1000 5-pw

Pretty awesome to be able to break par.

Pretty awesome to be able to break par.

I've probably played 1,500 rounds of golf in my life. I've only broken par 4xs. I am in the 8-12 handicap range, with a brief 1 year stay in the 5-6 region. So it is luck more than skill .

I compared the cast version and the forged versions, but never got to hit the cast versions. The cast versions seemed to look more rounded/softer lines.

I think it was the sole grind that made the TB1000s more forgiving for me. I just couldn't make proper divots with the TC1000s.

my bud has the tb1000 protos ive hithtem before al ong time ago

they are pretty schweeeeeet

ill have another bash with them see how they go.

but the tc1000s are getting a ns 1050 x get em up just a bit higher

shafted this up wit the 1050 x sst pured shaft.

had a good session with it on saturday, super easy to hit

as a player style iron this is pretty easy to hit. very easy really.

its really quite soft and buttery, the shaft gave it a bit of "ooomph" tight and light.

not as soft as the 950 in it originally. better choice for me for sure.

still looks fairly chunky on top. but jeeee its a nice feeling club.

just have to work out where on earth ill play em now.

Edited by supo67

My experience with this club, the TC 1000, is that it's too much of a player's club for my current skill level. I find it much too easy to bend the ball with the most subtle touches and for me that is not a good thing as I'm far from steady enough in my swing. However I like the metal and the look of the head so I might bring it out of retirement some distant day if ever I feel competent for the set.

Shambles

Edited by Shambles