Sky Dream Jump D-Tour Type Bite vs DP2010

charge

Hi all,

I was about to order a set the Sky Dream Jump wedges and on the fence between the D-Tour Type Bite vs DP2010.

The DP2010 is made from a much more durable head but am I correct in assuming that the head shape and the grind between the two heads is the same?

All things being equal would the D-Tour Type Bite still feel a little softer vs the DP2010?

I presume the spin would be similar...

Thanks for any insights in making a decision!

I have the Type bite and it spins a TON and feels very nice.

The DP2010's are very very durable.

I have the 2010 proto's and for me they are by far the best wedges I've ever hit or owned.

The new conforming wedges are again the best conforming groove wedges I've hit.

Except for the original "by carl" chikara's they are the wedges I play when it's game on.

People that don't play Sky Dream Jump wedges have never tried them.....

Will be interested in your review.

The D-Tour Type Bite that H ordered above is actually the most popular model from SDJ. Its one of my all time favorite wedges. JCMB and Mjr. Diarrhea seem to like them a lot and I think you will too. Honestly all the wedges SDJ make are very good.

Jeff, they just came out with another new model!

I reiterate Jeff's comments. They are the only wedges I own and thebinly club that I haven't thought about straying from.

Put me down for a set of the new model.... Sky Dream wedges are fantastic gents, def towards the top of what's currently available. I have ALOT of wedges and the DTour Type Bites and the current Yamahas make it into my bag more often than anything else.... If they're coming out with a new wedge I don't even need to see it to know it's going to be awesome.

Now Sky Dream and Yam need to come out with a set of blades and I would be a very happy man.

J.

I find you just know what your ball's going to do each time... more so than other wedges i've tried.

I'd like to order a 52/60 but they don't make them. Hope they don't stop producing the non conforming versions

• 3 weeks later...

So the 52* and 58* arrived last week. These are my impressions after two rounds:

-Compact head. Frames the ball nicely.

-Feel is very soft. More on the mushy side then being clicky.

-Spin is a ton... shreds the cover off Penta's

-Nippon WV 125 shaft is nice and firm on full shots but retains feel on partial shots as well.

-The grind is very versatile off tight lies but enough bounce off of fluffy lies and bunker.

Two thumbs up!

So the 52* and 58* arrived last week. These are my impressions after two rounds:

-Compact head. Frames the ball nicely.

-Feel is very soft. More on the mushy side then being clicky.

-Spin is a ton... shreds the cover off Penta's

-Nippon WV 125 shaft is nice and firm on full shots but retains feel on partial shots as well.

-The grind is very versatile off tight lies but enough bounce off of fluffy lies and bunker.

Two thumbs up!

The D-Tours simply do everything a wedge should do. Look great, feel great, spin great and are ultra versatile. This is why they will always remain one of my all time favorites.

• 1 month later...