i guess it's official...i'm a jdm guy!

chiromikey

just picked these up...thanks tario!

yururi raw flatbacks on kbs c-tapers with gripmaster kangaroo swinger stitchbacks.

(please excuse the iphone pics, i'm not a camera guy)

e9393949.jpg

15cbef69.jpg

158eb1b6.jpg

74bb14a0.jpg

a0cfe64f.jpg

Beautiful set. Congratulations! Hope they work out for you. Welcome to the dark side :tsg_smilie_smile2:

Very nice. I'm also playing the same set. You will love em.

Nice looking Clubs,

Enjoy

lovely clubs you got there! love the blue leather grips. Are they still tacky when in contact with water?

Very stealthy looking.. love it! Hope it goes great for you.

I have never hit a club woth those gripmaster leather grips. How are they? In every photo i see them they look like they are uneven and the seam never looks straight..And that goes for every photo of them I have seen.

Nice.

And gripmaster leather grips are the best.

I have black cowhide stitchbacks ( red stitchng which is nice), and leather is the way to go. Feel and tacky hold is remarkable - and moisture from rain or sweat just makes them tackier. Get one, try it and see for yourself... upgrade gradually - they cost more but last way longer too and perform much, much better during that time. Very highly recommended for hot humid golf...

thanks everyone! i'm heading out to play a skins game so will game my cobra s3 pros but these will get a healthy range session right after!

lovely clubs you got there! love the blue leather grips. Are they still tacky when in contact with water?

i live in az so these will probably never see any water. however, we do sweat a lot out here during the summer and they remain extremely tacky...to the point that you don't need a glove. gripmaster ran a huge sale during the masters' weekend and at that point these weren't that much more than iomics so it became a no-brainer.

Edited by chiromikey

what a great set of sticks.

ihad those heads a while back, and they are so sweet., good shaft choice to keep the ball a bit lower.

these ones are in the final of the best looking sticks out there i think , the blue GM look awsome dont they .

i got a set of blue ones without any shafts on em . bec i just found the GM to be too fat in the righthand so i benched them in all but one set of srixon pro 100s. ill play them a bit in OZ next week to see if i can get them wired a bit, bec i love the feel of them ,they are so tacky.

oh BTW welcome to JDM!

Agreed, great looking set of sticks. Almost got the flat backs recently myself but opted for the RomaRo blades instead. The GM grips are great and have them on most of my clubs, but I agree that the stitch backs are hard to get lined up straight so went back to the tour wraps...

Enjoy the new clubs and be prepared for a thinner wallet...

Beautiful set there, well done.

first impressions after a brief range session...

they set up well and frame the ball nicely. the black took no time at all to get used to. they're very solid but more demanding than my current gamers. the raw leading edge is sharp and definitely promotes deeper divots than i'm used to. i'm looking forward to hitting these with my game ball (penta tp) instead of range rocks but i'll need some more practice time before i get them out on the course. i play to a 3-4 handicap and in my past i've played blades with very small sweet spots (tm rac mb's) but recently middle to long irons have become my weak link. i'm hoping these force me to step up my game and get back to where i want to be!

Agreed, great looking set of sticks. Almost got the flat backs recently myself but opted for the RomaRo blades instead. The GM grips are great and have them on most of my clubs, but I agree that the stitch backs are hard to get lined up straight so went back to the tour wraps...

Enjoy the new clubs and be prepared for a thinner wallet...

lol, i hear you on the wallet!

i've been looking forward to a review on the romaros...please tell me all about them!

Great looking clubs! Congrats! Let us know how that set up plays for you. :)

just got it yesterday! unfortunately tax season has stressed me out and i finally caught the cold i had been fighting off. i had to cancel yesterday's and tomorrow's tee times and it's torture looking at these new clubs that i can't even hit!!

ok, got a healthy range session in today and these things are pure! i prefer a heavier swingweight (currently play d4 in my irons) and these spec'd out to a d5 with the lightweight kango grips, so they took a little time to get used to. once i did, they were amazing. the sweetspot is smaller than my cobra s3 pros but surprisingly large compared to other full mb's i've hit. they definitely don't allow me to get away with swing flaws like my s3's but once i started focusing on fundamentals instead of how pretty these were at address, i was nutting everything! the irons definitely put more spin on the ball than my current set but the raw wedges are insane!! replacing balls is going to get expensive!

one thing i will admit, my cobras are softer and now i'm even more amazed with how good my cobra s3 pros are after hitting these yururis. if anyone gets a chance to try the cobras, i would be willing to bet you would easily mistake them for a jdm brand if you didn't know better.

i'm hoping to get one more range session in before sunday and finally get them out for some real duty. until then...

ive got a few sets of those stitchbacks at home.....they feel nice BUT they are impossible to slide on straight and do not use more than 2 wraps on these or else u will not be able to slide on the grip....the plastic tube on the inside is pretty narrow....another thing that bugs me, is the solvent leaves through the stitching and stains the grip ( i have light colored lime ones......i think a possible way to avoid the solvent stain is to use water tape....instead of solvent, it uses water to activate....overall nice grips but pretty damn pricey !!! haha but in JDM land, the sky is the limit !!!!! if u have $110 to spend on a dz balls, whats another few hundred for grips ?????

huh....i'm sorry robbie...did you say something besides "look at my avitar"??? ;-p

i hear you on the solvent and my club builder knows to be extra careful about that. unfortunately grips, leather or otherwise, become stained so quickly that i've learned not to be too anal about it anymore. actually, i've talked myself into the idea that all the blemishes and wear adds character!

ok, got a healthy range session in today and these things are pure! i prefer a heavier swingweight (currently play d4 in my irons) and these spec'd out to a d5 with the lightweight kango grips, so they took a little time to get used to. once i did, they were amazing. the sweetspot is smaller than my cobra s3 pros but surprisingly large compared to other full mb's i've hit. they definitely don't allow me to get away with swing flaws like my s3's but once i started focusing on fundamentals instead of how pretty these were at address, i was nutting everything! the irons definitely put more spin on the ball than my current set but the raw wedges are insane!! replacing balls is going to get expensive!

one thing i will admit, my cobras are softer and now i'm even more amazed with how good my cobra s3 pros are after hitting these yururis. if anyone gets a chance to try the cobras, i would be willing to bet you would easily mistake them for a jdm brand if you didn't know better.

i'm hoping to get one more range session in before sunday and finally get them out for some real duty. until then...

Don't forget as I mentioned the cobra S3 Pros are neo JDM, they were forged at Endo!

Don't forget as I mentioned the cobra S3 Pros are neo JDM, they were forged at Endo!

i remember! i also picked up a used set of epon af-tours and the cobras are still softer! it must be the c-taper combo but these s3's are keepers for sure! i'll probably put the epons on c-tapers also but am thinking about trying the nippon spb's first. btw, you were right about the epons being large for a blade...they make all my other blades look tiny! no wonder everyone says they're so forgiving.

to follow up on the kamui works driver you built for me, i have to say, it is pretty special. honestly in the few rounds i've played so far, i haven't found it to be any longer than my ping i15 but the feel and workability are FAR superior.