GD Tour AD BB6 or GD Quattro MD6

rykwon

Hi, I'm looking into these two shafts for my driver. I've got a smooth to a slightly aggressive transition in my swing. The only thing really different in the shafts seems to be their torque rating. Will the BB's lower torque just make the ball flight a bit lower than the MD? Or is there more involved? What are your opinions on these two shafts? Thanks

firstly the feel is very differnt the new BB has a more rubbery feel and i think it comes out lower than the MD.

the MD is more tingy at impact and a higher flight

thge MD became really popular in fairways woods. i see plenty of FWS with this shaft in it ive got an old TM tp burner driver i was goingto swap the shaft out of with a MD60s in it . its a good shaft . i prefer to thit he BB tho.

Thanks supo67! So it seems that the BB has a 'softer' feel than the MD. And maybe the MD is more 'boardy' than the BB? Even though the torque is lower in the BB? How much lower flight did you find the BB vs the MD?

yea thats prob a good description.

but not a bad baordy feel thats for sure.

the MD is good, but the new materials GD use now makes a differnce, the BBis nicer to play for sure.

the diff in flight is noticeable.

i love the MD and play it in my Ryoma, the shaft flat out performs, the weirdest part is it is only a SR flex but it can handle about 85% of my swing, my other gamer is a crazy 435II and it is shafted with a 7.7 CB46.....they are both smooth shafts and i would not say that one is better than the other......I have played the ad series but not the BB series.....The AD Di series felt great to me, but for some reason, i only got avg distance out of them, they felt great and were pretty accurate.

Edited by robbie

Thanks Robbie! Just screwed up my whole decision-making process :-).

I guess my biggest concern is the lower torque on the BB. Will going from a 3.5-3.6 to a 3.2 lose much distance? My current shaft has 3.9* of torque, which makes me swing too easy/slower to keep the ball flight consistent. I tried a mid kick shaft with 3.6* of torque and felt like I could swing my normal swing and get a tighter dispersion without losing distance. now if I go with the latest and greatest in the Tour AD BB, will I lose distance because of the 3.2* of torque? My swing speed is around 100 mph.

no i would say not, i used the 60x in 9* and it was just an x i got a 'this is in the final" for distance shot away first round with it.

distance wil not be an issue. if u got the the dj u will def lose ground but gain crazy accuracy

Sorry supo67. I didn't understand what the 60x is.

Any other opinions?

Sorry supo67. I didn't understand what the 60x is.

Any other opinions?

Supo is referring to the AD-BB series in flex/weight 60x