Geotech RF700 Proto Iron

Gocchin just posted a pic of the new RF700 Neo Blade from Geotech. It's pretty unreal looking. I like that it has a slight offset and a meaty sole.

Thinking about giving these a run, I know it's no where as forgiving as my game needs but I think I can work into them.

http://www.golftoimpress.com/geotech-prototype-rf700-forged-review/

DSC_2302.jpg

DSC_2301.jpg

DSC_2319.jpg

DSC_2317.jpg

DSC_2297.jpg

DSC_2296.jpg

I almost got these last month, but was unsure on the Feel( think made in China put me off)!

Let me know how these go, I fact I'm over in your Town in September ... Might pop in and try them ;)

oh wow! if you did not show the first pic i wouldnt have thought it was that meaty.

it looks unreal indeed. looks like its pretty easy to hit. for a blade that is.

who are designing these for Geotech? do they have their own R&D team?

Geotech does have their own R&D team, which is what makes them special for such a tiny company.

They have averall been manufacturing irons and metal woods for 20 years.

The irons are much more forgiving than expected as I noted in the review.

Geotech says the target range is 0-25 handi and I can see why because the iron provides a bit of everything.

Its not tiny but has a thin sole and topline and only a small amount of offset. It's really the muscle/cavity that is meaty but that brings CG down and outwards for more forgiveness and an easy launch.

Geotech does have their own R&D team, which is what makes them special for such a tiny company.

They have averall been manufacturing irons and metal woods for 20 years.

The irons are much more forgiving than expected as I noted in the review.

Geotech says the target range is 0-25 handi and I can see why because the iron provides a bit of everything.

Its not tiny but has a thin sole and topline and only a small amount of offset.

impressive. how are they able to keep costs relatively low compared to other brands?

Interesting concept. I agree with Chris, I kind like it, perhaps worth experimenting.

I must admit it is growing on me . Anyone has experience with geotech irons how do they feel let's say my bench miura and kyoei blades?

impressive. how are they able to keep costs relatively low compared to other brands?

Just guessing, but they are not exactly wasting money on a huge amount of marketing. Maybe they do heads for other companies too?

These are china made but still looks great, the N17 is Japan forged though and costs almost the same. I guess it's the intricate work on the back of the RF700 thats makes them cost what they do, even though they are made in china. But still, excellent value for sure. I've never hit geotech stuff but I have seen them and held the clubs and the finish looks to be really first class.

s

Looks interesting, but "0-25 handicap"?? Why don't they just say that anyone who plays golf could game these;)

Edited by swisstrader

Looks interesting, but "0-25 handicap"?? Why don't they just say that anyone who plays golf could game these;)

I mentioned this a month or 2, if you check there web site most of the irons say the same!

Kinda puzzled me?

These irons may be the start to many average golfers playing a more compact and tour model looking head. The rf700 looks just like a blade at address but plays very forgiving. May be a new " hybrid" iron. The most amazing part is that the longer irons look like blades but gets up very easily.

yeah, i've seen those kind of lofts in gi stuff but never blades. it would be kinda funny to see the look on my playing partner's faces to be hitting pw while they're grabbing their 8 or 9 irons.

• 2 months later...

Chris,

Did you finally make the jump and tried these irons in the end? Or anybody else?

The neo blade concept is growing on me. Geotech RF700 and the Romaro Ray H have got my attention thus far.

Thanks,

F

I've been using the Tour Issue Model and love it....