Satinizing Chrome Irons

PGAPro

I hate chrome for some reason and want to give some irons a satin finish, I will pay someone good money to do this and make my irons look nice

does anyone know who I can send them to?

please help

thanks

Might try that on my Onoff's.....NOT!

I was reading a long time back that with a lot of patience, elbow grease and some fine grade sand paper, you can actually do it yourself. Then get paint remover and remove the paint fill. Looks very cool actually but I don;t see myself being bothered with the satinizing process. Someone else who has done it and to do it forme.. sure :-)

We can get it done for you in Japan but it's not cheap PM gocchin, we could send it through one of the finishers in Himeji.

We can get it done for you in Japan but it's not cheap PM gocchin, we could send it through one of the finishers in Himeji.

hey C im interested as well, how much would service like this cost?

The finishers in Japan do a very great job. When the clubs are done, they will look like they were meant to be satin. I haven't had experience with U.S. finishers, I'm sure there are some good ones also. From what I've seen and heard, shipping to Japan will be well worth it. I'm not a fan of too much chrome either. I don't like being blinded by my own clubs during the summer. lol It would be interesting to see before and after pics if you get it done. Either from Japan or another Shop.

If all it takes to satinize the chrome is to scratch it, you can probably achieve that with a fine soft metal rotary brush. The trick would be to find the right kind of soft metal brush with bristles that are long enough to get to the tightest parts of the club, and making a rotary brush with it. I would expect to use up a lot of brushes in the process, thus the expense.

Wouldn't it be easier to have the chrome stripped and the club replated with a sating finish ?

Shambles

There is no big expense to scratching your irons to look satin. just take your time be slow use compounds, steel wool, and a good buffing wheel. you can do it by hand with a scratch pad just make sure you tape up any areas you don't want to scratch on accident.

Also be careful not to go too deep, you can't go back. once you see copper or something below the plating it means you have gone to far.

You can also go to a U.S finisher if your not a stickler on quality.

I suppose you have seen the process at least in part and therefore know better. The whole thing sounds a lot of work to me. It also concerns me that the plating will be reduced to some degree therefore reducing the life of the club as far as the finish is concerned. Of course, you do have the recourse of sending the heads off to be refinished if you botch the scratching.

Shambles