Fujikura Rombax Platinum - any reviews?

shacco

Hi TSGers,

anybody hit the Fuji Rombax Platinums? Tried to google but couldn't find anything. Would be specially interested in the 65 S.

I'd like to know too. How it plays, true to flex etc

nobody?

I have recently shafted a Rombax Platinum R55 onto a Yamaha D460 [2011 model]. Its ok... hits a bit longer than my Rombox X R55 also on a Yamaha 460D [2008 model.]

The clubmaker suggested that I need to hit the club on the range about 300 times before the shaft really looses up... not sure if that is bull%%%% or reality... so far probably had about 100 hits with it.

My swing speed is only about 90 or so...its not cheap...

Wow, never heard that a shaft has a break in period. Maybe Tario, Chris or Tats can comment on that. My SS is around 100 mph.

It was offered to me before but i am scared that its too soft as i was told its targeted to more slower swingers. I am not sure whether this info is right or not.

I have recently shafted a Rombax Platinum R55 onto a Yamaha D460 [2011 model]. Its ok... hits a bit longer than my Rombox X R55 also on a Yamaha 460D [2008 model.]

The clubmaker suggested that I need to hit the club on the range about 300 times before the shaft really looses up... not sure if that is bull%%%% or reality... so far probably had about 100 hits with it.

My swing speed is only about 90 or so...its not cheap...

He's talking crap......or at the least Spin! If it loosens up after 300 hits, does it 'Really' loosen up after 1000 hits? It's either right or it's not.

Pete

The shaft doesn't need a break in the player does. I think he says that so you work out the nuances of your swing that do not support the shaft design.

That said I do think Fujikura has lost a ton of ground in performance and design against other top shaft makers.

The shaft doesn't need a break in the player does. I think he says that so you work out the nuances of your swing that do not support the shaft design.

That said I do think Fujikura has lost a ton of ground in performance and design against other top shaft makers.

Recent PGA Tour play would suggest otherwise.