new EPON BLADES coming - June 23 release 500 sets pic inside

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does the new one has more offset than the Af tour? Also looks bigger?

I Cant quite tell on offset with the naked eye. looks less though upon further nitpick

inspection. the personals are defintely narrower and are more compact and thinner.

I Cant quite tell on offset with the naked eye. looks less though upon further nitpick

inspection. the personals are defintely narrower and are more compact and thinner.

can't really see the differences from the pics but thes are all the things i was hoping for in the new blades!

different angles, they look much better without the plastic Lol.

they are narrower, flatter, shorter but face height of personals is

a hair taller.

i can see if im having a bad hairday in the golfcourse

photo-9.jpg

aftours on right.

photo-2-2.jpg

take your pick?

photo-1-3.jpg

off to the range and have a go with these sticks, stock lie angle. put some club fitting

tape on the sole to check the lie angle out. 6i=61*

from the pics they look about the same size Carlo?

Hard to see it on pics, I wouldn't say they are bigger visually basing on heads but on sole

Inspection as well as faces they do look smaller, not significant butbthey are. Noticeable

When addressing the ball. I also like the way the top line is satin and rounded, frames the ball

Nicely.

I think that one MUST see te blades in the flesh to fully appreciate them. They are different

Instruments when held in the flesh. They look so clean and retro surgical. No curves here guys

All angles and lines.

Had a go with it in the range for about two hours. Whatever hesitation I had with these blades are long gone.

They are as easy to hit compared to the af tours if not easier. One thing i definitely noticed is that it is easier

To turn over. Note that I hit this on a Matt range and real test will be a full round tomorrow weather permitting.

I was a bit worried that i would loose distance with these as they are traditional blade lofts but my initial thoughts

Were just thoughts and the reality is I think I am about the same, true distance could not be gauged as I was hitting

The net well before my apex.

Don't regret selling my 302s at all.

the dps are suited in this very much. i dont think there is a better

shaft, nice powerful kick that gets the ball airborne and defintely tighter

than the modus 3 in s flex. it really is Dual purpose huh? there is some spin

in the 7 and 8 iron which is what i like. this will drop soft for sure.

have a full 18 with the entire set later.

check my new bag out

photo-1-4.jpg

photo-10.jpg

hmmmmmmmmmm

gotta say yes i tend to agree , they have become my best shafts along with the NS m226v, they are terrifico.

i have the DP in my af tours but in stiff ,they are just a litle bit soft i nthe 8-9-pw. nad a wee bit high, makes them so dead easy to hit tho.

was thjinking of putting the c tapers in the af tours. that will keep them down a lot nad prob get a bit more punch and distance.

the DP will go better in the miura 5002s im sure of that.

{dp folks are the tour protos for the modus3, they are just chunkier modus3s ...., NS make these for the touringpros to test b4 they release the retail version, very similar pattern , but just chunkier.... th NS guys certianly know what they are doing, there most def is a big differnce in their shafts.. huge differnce. betwen the differnt lines, and the DP (modus) i think are thier best }

Can't wait to hit these Saturday.....

T just confirmed they will arrive at my Hotel in Japan friday.

We're talking some serious customer service here

Thanks TSG and Epon

Can't wait to hit these Saturday.....

T just confirmed they will arrive at my Hotel in Japan friday.

We're talking some serious customer service here

Thanks TSG and Epon

cool! i heard about that from stew.

golf club club fitting and special delivery to your hotel!

dont think it gets better than that. enjoy your sticks jeff you will love them!

the dps are suited in this very much. i dont think there is a better

shaft, nice powerful kick that gets the ball airborne and defintely tighter

than the modus 3 in s flex. it really is Dual purpose huh? there is some spin

in the 7 and 8 iron which is what i like. this will drop soft for sure.

have a full 18 with the entire set later.

check my new bag out

photo-1-4.jpg

photo-10.jpg

awful bag set up........as a favor I'll take em off your hands........kind aren't I!

hahahaahah...., was thinking the same andrew...!

yea J cant wait to have whack with these this evening or tom arvo at latest.

great test to see how they suit you at old orchard on sunday.

top course. lots or stead fast irons shots needed, here.

and if they wont suit u ...........................,well, u wont have to look far , (prob 2 feet) for thier next owner!

well well well.

not just 3 big holes in the ground full of water.

got my first in the flesh peek a boo at these babies not 3o minutes ago.

right....,

firstly , as i suspected, the piccys we have DONT illustrate these at all well. bec of the lines and the muscle shape dont come up well to photograph.

at address these look very differnt to what i was expecting to see.

the toe relief for a start is very pronounced i nthe flesh but it blends in very well with the over all head aesthetics. differnt to the yonex stlye .

the muscle is very prounounced, but the placement of the muscle above looks higher and we suspect will keep the ball form being too high .

the head shape i thionk is pretty rounded, i thought it was very reminescient of the 302. closer to that then the af tour i think

the pw is quite round., i love that. ill post a comp between this and a tourstage 905 and u wil lsee how much more rounded it is , the TS is very square very flat.

im prediciting these wil be very easy to hit BUT i think they will have a little bit dynamicism( just made that word up , i think ????? ) than the af tours , the head is a bit smaller all over and a bit rounder, not by much but my initial thougth are these look a bit more player esque, the sole is def thinner. definaitly.

well thats my thought to start.. now , just have to hit one of them to see if im right.... ...!

well well well.

right....,

firstly , as i suspected, the piccys we have DONT illustrate these at all well. bec of the lines and the muscle shape dont come up well to photograph.

the toe relief for a start is very pronounced i nthe flesh but it blends in very well with the over all head aesthetics. differnt to the yonex stlye .

the muscle is very prounounced, but the placement of the muscle above looks higher and we suspect will keep the ball form being too high .

the head shape i thionk is pretty rounded, i thought it was very reminescient of the 302. closer to that then the af tour i think

the pw is quite round., i love that. ill post a comp between this and a tourstage 905 and u wil lsee how much more rounded it is , the TS is very square very flat.

im prediciting these wil be very easy to hit BUT i think they will have a little bit dynamicism( just made that word up , i think ????? ) than the af tours , the head is a bit smaller all over and a bit rounder, not by much but my initial thougth are these look a bit more player esque, the sole is def thinner. definaitly.

well thats my thought to start.. now , just have to hit one of them to see if im right.... ...!

thats what i keep telling everyone. they are different to behold in the flesh. whatever apprehensions you have

from the pics are erased once you hold them. then you start to have a twinkle in your eye and the lust starts

churning. you know what i mean!

had a full 18 with em. trying to get my distances. i was shorter but that is expected as they sport trad lofts.

i like them a lot better than the aftours! they are soft. i love the narrower sole im able to turn it over, still

getting used to it but i actually find these not as difficult to hit as i initially thought. they are pure, im hooked blades

now.

if everybody likes these irons, then some awfully nice used iron sets will be on BST soon !

well well well.

right....,

I thought my pictures were pretty good! (^_^)

They certainly do look very good in real life. I love the look!

You must have saw Jeff's set that was delivered today.

Did you already meet up with him?

not UR photos T, , they are terrific, just photos in general.,. the lines on the muscleback make the clubs look very elongated but in real life they are not

they are more compact.

but they are certianly not TStage esque, but they fit the compact blade bill.

yes met Jeff at lunch, were out tonight banging a few balls

with his new beauties, and a few contrast clubs i might be able to russel up from the depths of my club dungeon

habe a feeling those "old" copper af tours + TS 905 might get a hit tonight to do a compare contrast session

against the new kid on the block

that might make for some good reading.

were playing this weeknd T

u wanna join ?????

not UR photos T, , they are terrific, just photos in general.,. the lines on the muscleback make the clubs look very elongated but in real life they are not

they are more compact.

but they are certianly not TStage esque, but they fit the compact blade bill.

yes met Jeff at lunch, were out tonight banging a few balls

with his new beauties, and a few contrast clubs i might be able to russel up from the depths of my club dungeon

habe a feeling those "old" copper af tours + TS 905 might get a hit tonight to do a compare contrast session

against the new kid on the block

that might make for some good reading.

were playing this weeknd T

u wanna join ?????

Can't wait to hear this write-up. Please do tell and don't leave out the tiniest of details.

well ill do my best.

we ve got a HUGE range session tomorrow with proper balls and a match sunday

tonight is at my range which the balls arnt that great but good just enough to judge.

tomorrow is more important.

i had a great session last weekend with the tourstage 905/monacco set up.

hit these well , but once agan i "feel" the squareness of these might just have them on the outer.

ive only used these in 2 games, in australia.

i switched to the srixon pro 100s and havnt looked back till now.

i think with blades u like a sqaure look or rounded look

i know now i prefer the rounded look, and play them better over the squarelook.

this.. will be a top test... bec ill be gettign a set and seliing the TS 905s .. or i wont!