Favorite Fairways

kaaayelll

Keeping my favorites questions alive as I move through the bag...now onto fairways.

So far, Royal Collection Tour VS has got my [digital] attention on the JDM front, along with Bridgestone J33 and Adams XTD on the USDM front. What am I missing?

Also, I'm considering one fairway and one hybrid (iron or otherwise). Any ideas on how much I need to step up loft in hybrids to get the same distance as a particular fairway? So, if I would hit a 18* 5W, would a 16* hybrid do the trick, or am I way off? I've never gamed a hybrid, so forgive the ignorance.

Thanks as always.

I guess it can be a combination of loft and length of the club driving actual distance… I know I can get my UTs the same distances as my FW. So in most cases I have converted entirely to hybrids, carrying driver the 18*, 21*, 24* hybrids and 5-P, G, S, L… Unfortunately, the best thing to do is to hit some and enjoy.

I would argue, a skilled builder would be able to gap your clubs appropriately irrelevant of mixture of FW and UT...

i finally found a 3w that i enjoy hitting as much as my old ping maple 3w. it's the tourstage type t titanium. at 12.5* it's so easy to hit off the deck and every bit as long as many drivers.

i've come to absolutely hate hybrids and need to find a 5w that is as much fun as the tourstage. suggestions welcomed!

I've had Cleveland Launcher Comps FW and Cobra Speed Pro FW. Both are excellent USDM FW's. My only reason for change is that I want an all JDM bag. Hopefully getting a Yamaha Inpres XV 14* FW soon.

I used to have no FW's and played just rescues (Adams Pro Golds 18* & 22*). I found I had a bit more control with a rescue compared to a FW, but that's purely down to the slightly shorter shaft, which I think is the point of a rescue club. The rescues are a little more versatile than a long iron too, particularly out of the rough, with a higher ball flight which gives a softer landing........but, there's nothing like nailing a long iron and you can't beat an FW for distance. If distance isn't your problem then stick with the same loft in a rescue as you would an FW.

Clear as mud.

i finally found a 3w that i enjoy hitting as much as my old ping maple 3w. it's the tourstage type t titanium. at 12.5* it's so easy to hit off the deck and every bit as long as many drivers.

i've come to absolutely hate hybrids and need to find a 5w that is as much fun as the tourstage. suggestions welcomed!

I am glad to hear that M!!! How do you like NGS?

I am glad to hear that M!!! How do you like NGS?

i can work the ball left or right and even hit this 12.5* 3w higher than should be possible when i want to. very impressed!

what 18* 5w would you recommend?

Edited by chiromikey

i can work the ball left or right and even hit this 12.5* 3w higher than should be possible when i want to. very impressed!

Why not the matching Tourstage Type T 17*.

I have been enjoying jbeam bm-ti 18* and ryoma f2 13*

i still have one for sale... ;)

I don't see it listed?

Why not the matching Tourstage Type T 17*.

i'd really love to try it but i'm worried 17* may be too strong. i need to fill a gap between 220-230yds.

I have been enjoying jbeam bm-ti 18* and ryoma f2 13*

how does the jbeam feel... any better than the driver? the 435 is the longest driver i've hit but the feel is lacking unless i completely go after it on every swing.

I don't see it listed?

my bad...i just realized you stated "xv", not "x". if the loft was a tad stronger i'd never let it go. anyways, price is negotiable if you're still interested. ;)

i'd really love to try it but i'm worried 17* may be too strong. i need to fill a gap between 220-230yds.

how does the jbeam feel... any better than the driver? the 435 is the longest driver i've hit but the feel is lacking unless i completely go after it on every swing.

I'm still waiting for my 435R.... so I will tell you later after I receive the driver.

But new bm-ti fw is awesome!!! It is very forgiving and the feel isn't lacking at all. And of course, distance.... you must try first to believe it.

I just popped into my local pro shop and took out a Miura Precious Edition 5W with a Diamana shaft...that was sweet. Also tried an Adams A12 Pro hybrid...both were awesome and pretty effortless, but so different.

I have a 7wd and a 5wd Miura Precious Edition I have been trying to decide what to do with. They are nice compact heads, almost as small as some hybrids like the Adams Super XTD. Not sure if I want to reshaft with a stiffer shaft or let them go. Definitely great performing and easy to hit well... Shaft it right and there is nothing better...

Keeping my favorites questions alive as I move through the bag...now onto fairways.

So far, Royal Collection Tour VS has got my [digital] attention on the JDM front, along with Bridgestone J33 and Adams XTD on the USDM front. What am I missing?

Also, I'm considering one fairway and one hybrid (iron or otherwise). Any ideas on how much I need to step up loft in hybrids to get the same distance as a particular fairway? So, if I would hit a 18* 5W, would a 16* hybrid do the trick, or am I way off? I've never gamed a hybrid, so forgive the ignorance.

Thanks as always.

I'm not sure if you can find 15 or 16* hybrid. 17 or 18* is the lowest(?) I've seen.... I could be wrong.

If you are looking for long fws, I recommend ryoma f2, prgr egg, yamaha power spoon, tourstage type t, RC, or jbeam.

I know there are so many and not helping? Haha

If you want nothing but distance, there is no fw can compete with ryoma f2..... but it is a lot more expensive than other ones.

For your hybrid, don't even bother getting xtd. I can tell you that for sure.

I used to have xtd, and there was no comparison with jdm.

I have epon, onoff, egg, romaro, and RC.

And I truly believe it's hard to beat romaro in every aspect.

But after all, it's just my opinion. ^^

I put crazy black 7 wood pair with matrix F7M2 yesterday for 9 holes. That fw looks cheap but when I hit it, is totally opposite of what my imagination about this head! I dOnt know if is longer than other 7 wood but for me is about the same, maybe little longer than my prgr 1s gen 7wood.....

Would like to know who make the woods for crazy.

I use the 7 wood as my "hybrid"......

I put crazy black 7 wood pair with matrix F7M2 yesterday for 9 holes. That fw looks cheap but when I hit it, is totally opposite of what my imagination about this head! I dOnt know if is longer than other 7 wood but for me is about the same, maybe little longer than my prgr 1s gen 7wood.....

Would like to know who make the woods for crazy.

I use the 7 wood as my "hybrid"......

Hey sandee..... I told you crazy 7 perform really well!!!!!

So I guess fsp shaft did not work out?

Anyway, happy to hear that crz 460 and 7 fw worked out well with you.

I'm not sure if you can find 15 or 16* hybrid. 17 or 18* is the lowest(?) I've seen.... I could be wrong.

Adams has/had a tour issue A12 Pro

For your hybrid, don't even bother getting xtd. I can tell you that for sure.

I used to have xtd, and there was no comparison with jdm.

I don't like the XTD hybrid either, but I do like the A12 Pro - nice and compact and solid. The XTD fairways are supposed to be bombers; I'll try one in the next day or so.

i'll be selling my adams tour pnt2 hybrid on a roddio pentacross and it's 16*. besides the fact that i just hit fairway metals better, i actually hit this thing too far for the gap i need (it goes 235-240yds). out of all the hybrids i tried, this one was the best. there's a reason it found a spot in my jdm bag!

Edited by chiromikey

Hey sandee..... I told you crazy 7 perform really well!!!!!

So I guess fsp shaft did not work out?

Anyway, happy to hear that crz 460 and 7 fw worked out well with you.

Yeah Tae!!! I haven't try the fsp shaft yet coz I want to compare with the egg 7 wood I have with the same brand shaft....will probably put the fsp in a 3 wood head for fun! Is like 5 wood in 3 wood's loft! The crz 460 is really really good! Kind of make me wonder why you sell them......

The 2011 inpres x VFW. Before owning one I hated FWs. All around performer, easy to use.