lefty sets of JDM clubs

supo

A left hooker = a slicer?

well he wil be if he copies me..

he wont change hands to hit a club. hesdef left handed oriented. gotta change him now or its all over ., no hand me downs.., it wil save me a fortune tho!

Bought my Lefty some Epon AF301's a couple of years back.

Crazy has a lefty driver out.....

Tourstage, Mizuno and Epon has a few leftys out. I know there's a few others out there, but wish there were more to serve the left handed community with.

How old is your kid Stew?? My son is lefty as well but got him right hand clubs since he was 5 and now he is 8 years old he is swinging em pretty well. However he still writes and do everything else left handed lol

If he is in a younge aged and starting to pick up the game, it's quite easy to get em use to right handed clubs. This way he will have more choices of clubs to used, especially from the stockes you hoard up.... :-)

Edited by EdGolf

Stew you know lefty clubs are few and far between here... At my local driving range, there are 100 spots/mats for hitting balls. 2 are aligned for lefty golfers the rest are all righty golfer aligned (autoload system). And truthfully two out of 100 may very well reflect the percentage of lefties in Japan... For many brands making lefty clubs sadly does not make economic sense for them... I can't even think of one lefty Japanese pro on the Japanese tour, men or ladies...

That said, the entire XXIO line is available lefty... so for someone starting out XXIO is good.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a time when being left handed was very frowned upon in Japan. Take my wife for example. She was born left-handed. When she was growing up in Japan her parents forced her to learn to do a lot of things right-handed because of the current culture of the time. Being left-handed then was kind of looked down on. There is still some of that which exists today but it has gotten better. That is why I think we dont' see a lot left-handed versions of JDM clubs.

Now, my son is 13. He's was born right-handed but he plays a lot of his sports from the left side. Since he was very young I started him in golf, and I mean from when he could first walk. I just let swing from whatever side he wanted. Naturally he developed from the left side. In ice hockey, golf and swinging a baseball bat he swings from the left. For throwing a ball he's naturally right handed and he writes right-handed as well. I would have loved to have him hit from the right side as he to would've inherited all this fine JDM gear but his swing is very fluid and and very natural from the left side. I never wanted to change that. I mean he's just pure. His main sport is ice hockey but we do get in a round or two here and there. He can go weeks to months without playing golf and when he comes out he hits the ball very well and his touch around the greens is very good especially for someone who doesn't practice regularly. I think its because he's been doing from such a young age and its the one sport I never ever pushed him in. I just let it develop naturally; just let him hit the ball and do what he wanted. And over time, he's developed a really good swing.

I've have looked for left handed JDM gear for years now and until very recently was unable to find. However as T mentioned XXIO now makes some lefty stuff as was as Geotech. In fact over the summer, T hooked me up with a Geotech driver and shaft combo. Had him send it to my boy who was visiting relatives in Japan over the summer. Recently we played a round and he's hitting that driver just great. Its the GT45N. Its one of the few left-handed drivers around but it performs for him very well. Hopefully as time goes on, more companies will start making a few more left-handed sets. I'm very much against trying to change someone over who from left to right or even vice-versa. If a swing is developed naturally over time and its from the left and its good, I wouldn't suggest changing it.

• 4 months later...

I am a lefty and also finding it very hard to find great JDM clubs for myself.

I managed to get lefty set of rare black Miura wedges and a really nice Yamada Emperor putter.