Dabbling with kamui, kpx or tp?

Spoon

Ok going to get a new driver before the year ends

I want to try the kamui out which one should I get the TP or the KPX?

My yamaha stinger combo does not have enough roll this time of the year.

Need a slightly lower combo.

Will be pairing it with z9003s or even bb7s.. Inputs would be appreciated.

Or I can be stubborn and give the zero another shot

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the KPX...it is a really different head and is super long, low spin, anti left, and sounds/feels great to me. Very penetrating trajectory. Seems to be a driver that higher SS players love and lower SS players find to be average. I haven't had many JDM drivers but I did greatly prefer it to the Ryoma V Spec for my swing. Lower launching and longer, and just as straight for me.

I love the KPX...it is a really different head and is super long, low spin, anti left, and sounds/feels great to me. Very penetrating trajectory. Seems to be a driver that higher SS players love and lower SS players find to be average. I haven't had many JDM drivers but I did greatly prefer it to the Ryoma V Spec for my swing. Lower launching and longer, and just as straight for me.

thanks il be checking it out.

say a 10* with lower launching shaft like the BB7S OR

Say a 9** with a higher launching shaft like the Diamana stinger?

Edited by Spoon

Mine is a 9.5 and I bought it with a Fubuki Alpha S in it that I will be replacing with either a FEX Proto X or CB 80 LS II Nero. No ballooning and extremely long, but just a bit higher than I would prefer on full out swings. But then again I am a higher launch higher spin player. I wouldn't call it either a high or a low launch head, it launches how a 9.5 should IMO.

One thing with this driver is it is very very easy to flight for me--I have no problem hitting bombs or long, low stingers with it. It truly is a joy to play--I have never had such confidence in a head before.

I know Stew has extensive experience with multiple shafts and weight configurations on these...personally I would go with a stable shaft with good feel then modify the trajectory with head weighting if need be. The only reason I am switching shafts is that the Fubuki 70S just doesn't allow me to swing as hard as I would like. If it were an X it would be great.

Mine is a 9.5 and I bought it with a Fubuki Alpha S in it that I will be replacing with either a FEX Proto X or CB 80 LS II Nero. No ballooning and extremely long, but just a bit higher than I would prefer on full out swings. But then again I am a higher launch higher spin player. I wouldn't call it either a high or a low launch head, it launches how a 9.5 should IMO.

One thing with this driver is it is very very easy to flight for me--I have no problem hitting bombs or long, low stingers with it. It truly is a joy to play--I have never had such confidence in a head before.

I know Stew has extensive experience with multiple shafts and weight configurations on these...personally I would go with a stable shaft with good feel then modify the trajectory with head weighting if need be. The only reason I am switching shafts is that the Fubuki 70S just doesn't allow me to swing as hard as I would like. If it were an X it would be great.

what is your swing speed, i hit the ball real high mostly carry.

need a but of roll.

My stock driver swing right now is 111-112. Shortish, slow backswing, aggressive transition and move into the ball. I am always astounded with the roll I get with this combo even on higher drives. I hit this combo lower and more penetrating than my Ryoma/Crazy 519 SX combo, the KPX will launch somewhat lower than Ryoma and roll more IMO at the same loft but if you hit it high and are looking for more roll I wouldn't advise you against opting for a lower launching shaft.

One thing that I have really noticed with this head is that it is more flightable based on tee height than most all drivers I have played. I have actually found that teeing the ball lower (halfway between first knuckle of index finger and second knuckle) yields a higher ball flight than my normal tee height of the second knuckle. Shots right out of the middle of the face really get up fast while slightly above the sweet spot or towards the toe will be much flatter trajectory, yet achieve similar distances. The gear effect the driver produces on such shots seems to be higher than usual. I guess I find that a little odd because the face doesn't have a ton of visual bulge and roll like some, but that could be due to the rather unique design.

My stock driver swing right now is 111-112. Shortish, slow backswing, aggressive transition and move into the ball. I am always astounded with the roll I get with this combo even on higher drives. I hit this combo lower and more penetrating than my Ryoma/Crazy 519 SX combo, the KPX will launch somewhat lower than Ryoma and roll more IMO at the same loft but if you hit it high and are looking for more roll I wouldn't advise you against opting for a lower launching shaft.

One thing that I have really noticed with this head is that it is more flightable based on tee height than most all drivers I have played. I have actually found that teeing the ball lower (halfway between first knuckle of index finger and second knuckle) yields a higher ball flight than my normal tee height of the second knuckle. Shots right out of the middle of the face really get up fast while slightly above the sweet spot or towards the toe will be much flatter trajectory, yet achieve similar distances. The gear effect the driver produces on such shots seems to be higher than usual. I guess I find that a little odd because the face doesn't have a ton of visual bulge and roll like some, but that could be due to the rather unique design.

THANKS! appreciate your inputs.

will think hard.

might get the ryomas as well as i cant decide.

OK this is where it gets confusing, there are options for tungsten 1.5, 3, 7.5 and 10 gram weights

so how does this work we choose between fade, slight fade, neutral, draw and slight draw? im new

to these options. how does it work?

do we specify flight preference and they set up the weights for us?

I'm not so sure the kamui is set up to use the weights for draw or fade bias but more so for swing weight preference and ball flight height. Stew has mentioned that going to the heavier weights brought ball flight down and spin down.

Yeah that one is set up different than the KPX....

Yeah that one is set up different than the KPX....

Yeah which confuses the he'll out of me. These options drive me mad.

I'd prefer heavy head, normalmweighting and a slightly open face!

As anti left as the KPX is, a square face is probably more than adequate. I don't know anyone who has the TP driver so I cant speak for it at all. I suppose when ordering a new one you'd just set it up neutral to open bias and whatever weight you wanted and forget about it. I don't get into messing with the weights on stuff either, just learn how to hit it and the rest takes care of itself.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the off topic mclaren...

but what the...!! i can't imagine anything keeping up with my 435, not to mention "obliterating" it...conforming or not!!! i need to hear more about this kamui in another thread!

201 gram head, 9* handpicked loft

1* open face and neutral weighting.

I could have had it more open 1.5* would be perfect!

This is my first forray into the jbeam, kamui, crazy drivers.

Had the crazy 435 w lyo1 7.7 and tried stews

Jbeam 425 tour with cb50 both drivers were very difficult to launch

And as much as I wanted to love the heads could not make em work.

Now the jbeam 435 I had had a bb7s and has become soo lively , liked

Better than the crazy shafts but still not enough height.

The tpo7s is soooo Fu€£*!>% easy to hit! I still hit it high but gotnthe roll I did not have in my

Yammy stinger combo. Glad I got a 9*! I am carrying as far as my bomber yamaha stinger but with the roll,

My dad got the non conforming high cor and has picked up 15 yards over his epon HT. He just gave away

His new ping anser driver to his friend after trying the new toy. He tried the ryoma premia but did not care for it.

I will have pics soon

201 gram head, 9* handpicked loft

1* open face and neutral weighting.

I could have had it more open 1.5* would be perfect!

This is my first forray into the jbeam, kamui, crazy drivers.

Had the crazy 435 w lyo1 7.7 and tried stews

Jbeam 425 tour with cb50 both drivers were very difficult to launch

And as much as I wanted to love the heads could not make em work.

Now the jbeam 435 I had had a bb7s and has become soo lively , liked

Better than the crazy shafts but still not enough height.

The tpo7s is soooo Fu€£*!>% easy to hit! I still hit it high but gotnthe roll I did not have in my

Yammy stinger combo. Glad I got a 9*! I am carrying as far as my bomber yamaha stinger but with the roll,

My dad got the non conforming high cor and has picked up 15 yards over his epon HT. He just gave away

His new ping anser driver to his friend after trying the new toy. He tried the ryoma premia but did not care for it.

I will have pics soon

C,

You've had the Ryoma before. Which model was yours? And more importantly, what loft in the TP7 do you reckon plays like the Ryoma 9.5 or 10.5* loft?

C,

You've had the Ryoma before. Which model was yours? And more importantly, what loft in the TP7 do you reckon plays like the Ryoma 9.5 or 10.5* loft?

No not me.. My dad had a ryoma premia d1 10.5. I have no long term experience with the ryoma.

I tried a friends once and did not like the feel although it was very forgiving. It felt too crisp, jbeams are

Muted so that affects how I perceive things and affects my gaming decisions.

My tpo7 is a real 9* but launch it very high but have the roll. I can't complainnreally. Thoughtnof an 8.5

But with the difference of 1* comes a exponential amount of unforgiveness. Can't say how my 9 will compare to a ryoma

BUT I was only using a the BUZZ tg505 4star shaft.. Never heard ofnit but nice and easy to load 69s tq 3.1. Very low spin

I asked gocchin about the shaft.

No not me.. My dad had a ryoma premia d1 10.5. I have no long term experience with the ryoma.

I tried a friends once and did not like the feel although it was very forgiving. It felt too crisp, jbeams are

Muted so that affects how I perceive things and affects my gaming decisions.

My tpo7 is a real 9* but launch it very high but have the roll. I can't complainnreally. Thoughtnof an 8.5

But with the difference of 1* comes a exponential amount of unforgiveness. Can't say how my 9 will compare to a ryoma

BUT I was only using a the BUZZ tg505 4star shaft.. Never heard ofnit but nice and easy to load 69s tq 3.1. Very low spin

I asked gocchin about the shaft.

Thanks C. I'm trying to get a sense of the launch for this. Have you played the AF101? If yes, what loft in the AF 101 wuld you say is equivalent to your TP-07S 9*?

Also, the TP07 is conforming?

Edited by wmclarenf1

Thanks C. I'm trying to get a sense of the launch for this. Have you played the AF101? If yes, what loft in the AF 101 wuld you say is equivalent to your TP-07S 9*?

Also, the TP07 is conforming?

101 was high launch for me

I would say that the 9 kamui I have launches like a true 9. The 101 felt like a 10

Function of swingspeed boys

Tpo7s is conforming

My dads is the non conforming tpo7 hc. Or high cor

101 was high launch for me

I would say that the 9 kamui I have launches like a true 9. The 101 felt like a 10

Function of swingspeed boys

Tpo7s is conforming

My dads is the non conforming tpo7 hc. Or high cor

Thanks again C but to continue flogging the horse...

So you're saying your TP07 9* = AF 101 ?*

Feel wise I preferred the Kamui Ray over the TP07s but I prefer the way the TP sets up and looks overall.

As I mentioned in the other thread, the TP07s faded a lot for me so I definitely did not get along with the stock shaft even though it was a regular flex. Perhaps I need to build one with my preferred Crazy to compare more fairly.

Feel wise I preferred the Kamui Ray over the TP07s but I prefer the way the TP sets up and looks overall.

As I mentioned in the other thread, the TP07s faded a lot for me so I definitely did not get along with the stock shaft even though it was a regular flex. Perhaps I need to build one with my preferred Crazy to compare more fairly.

Was the fading due perhaps to an open face for the TP?

How would you compare the loft of the TP07 to the 435, D1 ad AF101 as a guide? What loft would a TP07 9* be equivalent to for the other 3 drivers?

Thanks