Ryoma Special Tuning Shaft Choice

bogeydog

What are you playing with this head? How is it performing?

Mine is fitted with N.S.Pro Regio formula Type55/S.

I love it very easy to swing, fairway finder consistent and stable off the tee, it gives me nice trajectory since the optimum launch angle and spin rate are spot on for my current ball speed, this equates to hitting my potential maximum distance.

There's a bit of discussion about this in the other thread.

http://forum.tourspecgolf.com/topic/33579-high-launching-shaft-recommendation/

Gian, may I ask about your SS? I'm thinking about that exact shaft.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Gian, may I ask about your SS? I'm thinking about that exact shaft.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

94mph at the moment, but still recovering, 98mph before injury.

I can't find the butt end cpm for type55/S but I do have the specs for type65/S and some other brands for comparison purposes.

Number Manufacturer's name Name of shaft Specification Weight Torque CPM

1 Graphite design Tour AD BB series 6S 65.0 3.2 262

2 Crazy shafts Royal Decoration S 49.0 4.8 240

3 Japan shaft Regio formula 65S 66.0 2.9 258

4 Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana X 60S 63.0 2.8 267

Purchased my ST Ryoma with the RD Crazy shaft S/R. My transition is slow so this shift works well for me. My speed is only about 88-90. But with this set up I gained 30 yards from my Ping G10 and my TM R7 quad. Liked is so much I just got a conforming setup. Haven't been able to test it side by side as my other one went back.

Purchased my ST Ryoma with the RD Crazy shaft S/R. My transition is slow so this shift works well for me. My speed is only about 88-90. But with this set up I gained 30 yards from my Ping G10 and my TM R7 quad. Liked is so much I just got a conforming setup. Haven't been able to test it side by side as my other one went back.

Thats good to hear and congrats as 30 is no Joke. Even 15 is no Joke. I'm playing a Special Tune currently as well. I haven't found a driver that could take the Ryoma out of the bag.

Swing Speed 87.

Using Fujikura Z - 50g R flex.

OK. ball flight high.

Gian,

Thinking about this shaft as well, and have a similar SS to you. Any thoughts on whether the 65 in R might be a good fit, or do you reckon the 55S works?

Tough call to choose flex in the 65 range. We can either go R for more feel or S for more control. But in the 55 range S is perfect for me or a bit more.

Going to try the Diamana X Limited in it. It was suggested to me by idrive who I trust because he has hit everything. :D

Didn't come to me as an obvious choice however after thinking about it, it may be golden.

Thoughts?

Going to try the Diamana X Limited in it. It was suggested to me by idrive who I trust because he has hit everything. :D

Didn't come to me as an obvious choice however after thinking about it, it may be golden.

Thoughts?

That's an interesting choice. Sounds like something I'd like to try myself. I think the easy launching ST head with the lower launch Diamana X would produce a great combination. Have you tried this yet?

No not yet. Likely not until next week. Excited the try.