S-Yard T.388-which shaft?

Miuramaniac

So I got this driver a few weeks ago and can't feel the love for it yet. For you guys that have/have hit this driver, which flex have you tried on the standard shaft? I got a stiff, I've always had good luck with Tour AD DI's and BB's in stiff. This was offered in S and SR. Is the S like a strong stiff and the SR is a weak stiff? I just assumed the S was a regular stiff. IDK, maybe I just need to swing it better. Probably 98-100 SS, carry driver about 230-235 or so when I hit one solid normally.

So I got this driver a few weeks ago and can't feel the love for it yet. For you guys that have/have hit this driver, which flex have you tried on the standard shaft? I got a stiff, I've always had good luck with Tour AD DI's and BB's in stiff. This was offered in S and SR. Is the S like a strong stiff and the SR is a weak stiff? I just assumed the S was a regular stiff. IDK, maybe I just need to swing it better. Probably 98-100 SS, carry driver about 230-235 or so when I hit one solid normally.

I'm playing a 388 with stock stiff shaft 9.5, I have a BB stiff in a GS driver as well.

This should fly a little bit higher than the BB and feel a bit softer as well.

I feel like the stock stiff would be softer than the BB in stiff.

How long have you been hitting it? I notice lower spin, straight shots with plenty of roll with the T388.

I have similar specs and the SR flex works well. I wouldn't want a stiff.

I have similar specs went with the SR flex. Find it pretty easy to launch with the SR shaft.

Although I'm one of the ones who liked it from the first hit -- I got the stock S shaft too -- I still decided I wanted to know what it feels like in the S/R, especially because i realized i also wanted a backup in case this baby goes out of production. That's the one I ordered and have been waiting to receive. Will let you know how it goes for me too when i get it.

Have my SS close to 100

SR works perfect. Would be surprised if S is better

B, 100mph and under, total distance under 250 would definitely be an SR for this shaft unless you are very aggressive. The stock shaft in the T.388 is not your typical softer type stock shaft. It is very stable. I think the stock shaft Stiff is stiffer than a DI-6 stiff.

Tario,

I just received my Paradiso hat. Any way I could get a Tracking No for the Bold and the second T.388? Thanks so much. --Richard

Not sure if yo are referring to yards but if you are, just FYI that I am getting about the same carry with my 93mph avg swing speed per PRGR radar. I think you definitely should have gone with a SR or maybe even an R if they had an R. Given your carry, it is likely that your SS is less.

Thanks for the advice, but I doubt you're getting 230-240 carry and 260 or so with 93MPH. Had my SS a few yrs ago and was always between 97-100, and my yardages are still the same. And are all in line with the Trackman charts I've seen that have the different SS's, clubs, and carry distances under the 100MPH column. But maybe I'll try the SR. Have always played stiff, regulars feel flimsy.

Thanks for the advice, but I doubt you're getting 230-240 carry and 260 or so with 93MPH. Had my SS a few yrs ago and was always between 97-100, and my yardages are still the same. And are all in line with the Trackman charts I've seen that have the different SS's, clubs, and carry distances under the 100MPH column. But maybe I'll try the SR. Have always played stiff, regulars feel flimsy.

If you have a controlled swing and not overly aggressive, SR may give you a little more distance.

If you have a controlled swing and not overly aggressive, SR may give you a little more distance.

Well my swing is neither controlled OR aggressive right now! Just bought a 10.5 with S/R shaft on BST, just hope to get a better feel and flight with it. Gonna shoot it out with the the .388 with the S shaft, a '12 Yam Tour w/Tour AD BB6S, a RomaRo 460 with Tour AD BB6S, and a Miura 10.5 SIT with Tour AD DI6S. Should be fun. BTW, does anybody know how to pronounce RomaRo? Accent on first and third? Or on the second, like the guy that played the Joker, Cesar Romaro? Oh wait, that was Romero.....smh

230 YARD carry is only about 207-210 METER carry. I don;t get 260 yard total distance as I do not roll 30 yards or so. Mine ain;t trackman numbers or any LM numbers. Mine are actual on course numbers. I don;t drive long by any measure BUT less than 210 carry is very possible with a 93 MPH SS. But to each his own. I have found in many instances, many play shafts too stiff for them for various reasons. But like I said.. to each his own. I play regular flex shafts in driver.

Edited by wmclarenf1

I swing 100 to 105, very smooth tempo. I have the SR flex. Very smooth and stable. I have bought many a JDM driver over the years, the T-388 hands down is the best performer. I have tweaked this club to make it even better. I tend to prefer heavier headed drivers as I am a feel player. I added 6 grams of weight to the club head with 3 tungsten weight pads that I got from Golfworks. 2 in the back of the club head just a fraction towards the heel , and one pad on the heel itself. You would think this would create serious draw bias , as I have some similar adjustments with weights in the R11/R11s. However the club still plays very neutral, but the added mass just makes a pure hit even better and adds a bit more forgiveness. I finally had a chance to play in near 80 degree temperatures, the last 3 days and hit at least 6 career drives on holes that were spring lush and moist, exceeding summer distances that I had in 90 degree temps on hard fws. The quality of a good strike is so off the charts I feel my smash factor is the best Ive ever had with a driver THE WAY THIS CLUB HIT THE BALL AND KNIFES THRU THE WIND IS AMAZING. I have hit the ADAMS LAUNCH LAB AS FAR, but not the consistant distance or control I have with the T 388. AFter 4 weeks of tweaking and testing , basically the best way to play this club is set up as neutral as possible and play for a straight ball. This is the straightest hitting club of any type Ive ever hit. (I have to give props to the stock GRAPHITE DESIGN shaft. It is as perfect a shaft head match for me that I can remember. No energy loss at all. Straight mid trajectory bullets that leave nothing to spare.) I have had a lot of great driver setups over the years (hence my posting name), but no matter how good the setups there were always some small flaws microscopic as they were (that I didnt even think about, simply because I never hit with such perfect contact as I have with the T 388).

Edited by driverhead

I swing 100 to 105, very smooth tempo. I have the SR flex. Very smooth and stable. I have bought many a JDM driver over the years, the T-388 hands down is the best performer. I have tweaked this club to make it even better. I tend to prefer heavier headed drivers as I am a feel player. I added 6 grams of weight to the club head with 3 tungsten weight pads that I got from Golfworks. 2 in the back of the club head just a fraction towards the heel , and one pad on the heel itself. You would think this would create serious draw bias , as I have some similar adjustments with weights in the R11/R11s. However the club still plays very neutral, but the added mass just makes a pure hit even better and adds a bit more forgiveness. I finally had a chance to play in near 80 degree temperatures, the last 3 days and hit at least 6 career drives on holes that were spring lush and moist, exceeding summer distances that I had in 90 degree temps on hard fws. The quality of a good strike is so off the charts I feel my smash factor is the best Ive ever had with a driver THE WAY THIS CLUB HIT THE BALL AND KNIFES THRU THE WIND IS AMAZING. I have hit the ADAMS LAUNCH LAB AS FAR, but not the consistant distance or control I have with the T 388. AFter 4 weeks of tweaking and testing , basically the best way to play this club is set up as neutral as possible and play for a straight ball. This is the straightest hitting club of any type Ive ever hit. (I have to give props to the stock GRAPHITE DESIGN shaft. It is as perfect a shaft head match for me that I can remember. No energy loss at all. Straight mid trajectory bullets that leave nothing to spare.) I have had a lot of great driver setups over the years (hence my posting name), but no matter how good the setups there were always some small flaws microscopic as they were (that I didnt even think about, simply because I never hit with such perfect contact as I have with the T 388).

Thanks for the info! Found one with SR flex shaft on BST and am gonna give it a go. Hope it works as well for me as for you.