S-Yard Golf balls

RIduffer

Think this is the right forum for this post...

Got a call today from DHL indicating that I had a package coming. As I didn't remember having anything else in the pipeline I had my curiosity piqued. Also hoping it wasn't ricin laced… In any case a couple of hours after the phone call a package is delivered and it is from S-Yard.

Way back when I bought my custom T.388 it shipped without a head cover. Tario was kind enough to inquire about it for me and I had since forgotten. Low and behold nicely packed away in the box is my S-Yard head cover, a human head cover and a dozen S-Yard Balls. Not sure if it was S-Yard customer service or TSG's but it was a nice touch either way and the other should take a note. I am not one to look at the freebie fairy and say no. Although I am sure with the various personalities on this forum we could come up with quite a few scenarios where I would, say no that is. In this particular case, I was very happy to receive them.

post-12474-0-76267400-1366829172.jpg

I had noticed in some of the S-Yard posts started by Chris and Tario that there were these S-Yard logo'd balls and asked at one point for some more information. Are the made by the same folks that make the Epon ones, same ball different markings or a different path to similar results. Still curious but I have some answers of my own...

Not sure if I would have chosen the higher trajectory ball, but am not really a distance ball kinda guy either so it is probably the better ball for me...

Any comments from Tario, Tatsuro or Chris with some details would be nice...

post-12474-0-58365000-1366829187.jpg

post-12474-0-48716200-1366829182.jpg

I actually just played them yesterday for the first time. (Back when Tario wrote his original t.388 article, when I was blown way by the driver, I asked about the hat and bag in some of the accompanying photos, and he was kind enough to get S-Yard to send me a hat, and also included in my package were the Type-F balls.) Anyway, this ball has wonderfully soft feel for me, and just like the driver, I was surprised at its added length. I've been using Nike Tour-D's and 20XI-x balls, and these things blew them away. The second hole at my club is a 175yd Par-3, and using my usual club selection, I hit 10 yards over the green... On a par-5, I had a career best drive (in the fairway).They're very soft for putting as well.

Oh, and btw, I ordered one of the Tour bags in the pics -- the black on white -- and just received my shipping notice today. As I told Tario, he's seemingly turning this Miura guy into a Kobayashi freak... ;=] What can I say -- other than KK knows design, and it seems to hit the sweet spot for me.

Very good customer service from either source.

The best I've found. It amazes me that I can have an almost real time discussion with someone in Japan who already knows my preferences and can advise me on product and get the stuff to me faster than I can even get someone 90 miles away in Carlsbad to answer a phonecall or email... Not to mention the quality of the results and products.

In fact, has made me remember a time in Ireland when a guy at Ballyliffin found a pair of shoes I wanted in my size with the club name on them and drove 40 minutes to Rosapenna to hand deliver them to me.

It's embarrassing to say it, but the US is broken or at least close to it when it comes to most services...

I concur the customer service has been excellent. Always helpful and available.

Yeah guys, I agree! The service we get from TSG is amazing & definitely more helpful than what I normally get here in Australia where the service is just non existent. Thanks to guys here & the respective companies for their hard work :) I too got a sleeve of the Type D and Type F balls from S-yard when I ordered the T3.88, haven't hit them yet tho. Would give them a go soon side by side with a Pro V1.

I'm glad you guys got your balls. I had requested that S-Yard make up the delays for you with some goodies and I am glad they came through!

I should note this is their first time shipping items overseas so there were definitely some bumps in the road and we really appreciate everyone's patience as they learn the ropes of exporting.

Well, I got my 3 Bold yesterday in the box yesterday, no balls, hat or an extra wedge inside. : (

R the guys above were all driver orders that got very delayed and I mean VERY delayed.

Maybe you will get an extra wedge next time (^_^)

Steve as for where the balls are made, obviously S-Yard is not a golf ball maker so they out source them. Based on S-Yards connections it is very possible they are made at the same place as Epon balls but the designs are different so the results may be as well.

Yours is the Type F which is more short game spin but the driver trajectory is higher.

Steve as for where the balls are made, obviously S-Yard is not a golf ball maker so they out source them. Based on S-Yards connections it is very possible they are made at the same place as Epon balls but the designs are different so the results may be as well.

Yours is the Type F which is more short game spin but the driver trajectory is higher.

Got that much from the box. Most balls seem to be targeted based on SS and the other characteristics are basically spin vs distance but still rooted in SS. The trajectory is usually across brands or different lines like NXT vs V1/(x). Was unclear based on the info on the box whether the F or D was geared in a similar way around a SS as well.

Thanks again T, you stepped it up a notch on this one.