3 iron 4 iron replacement...

jimmieboi

I had a horrible accident today. Caddie dropped my bag off the cart and all the irons and woods fell off on a concrete floor. The hybrids had a huge scratch on it. So I'm thinking in getting a new one. I'm now using Egg i+ 3 and 4. What hybrid is as good as the Egg!? I wanted to try something new and the new hybrid will be shaft in quadra fire express UT proto.

Bummer on the damage, luckily it's not your driver and more.

I really like the below 3 woods for different reasons.

TourStage UT - keeps it lower, doesn't pop up when hit from rough. nice feel, distance etc.. Just takes a bit more speed to get it up.

George Spirits UT - All around best, feels best at impact, very straight, with the best setup and mid height face level.

Yamaha UT - Best for ease of use. Gets up quick, it's hot off the face, looks pretty good. Face is shallow imo.

I'm gaming the George Spirits with another on the way. Not sure if you remember his woods of the past but they are a must try. You have a Ryoma Maxima I would be interested to see what you have to say about the Mono 455 driver if you ever hit one. Very similar the two visually.

man i sure can understand and relate to trying different clubs as well as everyone here but those certainly dont look like they warrant replacement due to damage. i mean yeah it sucks there are scratches but its not like they affect play or appearance at address in any way.

Crazy crz ute with crazy ute shafts can't beat the combo. Long forgiving workable. Feel awesome too.

I just received two geotech 379s (in 21 and 24 degrees) and am very happy with both.

- first, the price was good (approx $290 per club, with the GT 7-U MB stiff)

- second, as was described in the posted review, the clubs feels a bit stout (which I prefer), and is a bit shorter (shaft length) than the average utility/fw wood, yet performs very well. I have always prefered steel shafted utilities, and this club with the graphite shaft feels and performs like a nice lightweight steel shafted club). I dont like the very lightweight feel of certain hybrids.

- third, I like the clean black neutral look of the 379.

One point - I do feel that most hybrids play pretty well - I think its the geometry and design of the club. They definitely perform better than any 3/4 iron, at least for me....

All-in-all a very good club at an attractive price.