New kid on the block: Triple X - TRPX?!

mauvanilla

Any chance they will make this head in left handed?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T, any idea what my proto is? My brain was thinking 60-65g is it actually 70-75? If so results are beautiful, small issue leaking it right but other players who hit it are sending it dead straight.

Yours is around 71-72 grams. I'm not suprised its leaking right for you, its probably a bit stiffer and lower torque than you should have.

Highly doubt it. The market is just too small for lefties in Japan which is too bad.

I figured as much. If, by some miracle, they decide to make a left handed version, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

when will the heads/shafts be available in TSG Store?

We officially begin later this week but I am currently getting all the specs together and getting a hold on all their offerings as I am working with their staff to understand all the shaft designs and specs.

Mark, the TRPX S-013 removed the Ryoma from my bag, I like it that much. I gamed the Ryoma for 2 years and currently have 10 drivers here, original D-1, Maxima, new eggbird, Baldo VT811, Romaro Ray 460HX, P-tune PG313, + some older ones... and I simply love the TRPX and its feel and powerful trajectory.

We officially begin later this week but I am currently getting all the specs together and getting a hold on all their offerings as I am working with their staff to understand all the shaft designs and specs. Mark, the TRPX S-013 removed the Ryoma from my bag, I like it that much. I gamed the Ryoma for 2 years and currently have 10 drivers here, original D-1, Maxima, new eggbird, Baldo VT811, Romaro Ray 460HX, P-tune PG313, + some older ones... and I simply love the TRPX and its feel and powerful trajectory.

T,

Eagerly awaiting the reviews from you and Chris n the 2 heads, who you feel they are more suited for etc.

Definitely suited for the player who wants a stronger trajectory, low spin with both carry and run. Those who like Jbeam will find this to be their best head, jbeam even thinks so themselves and they made it for TRPX.

Definitely suited for the player who wants a stronger trajectory, low spin with both carry and run. Those who like Jbeam will find this to be their best head, jbeam even thinks so themselves and they made it for TRPX.

Just draw that parallel with Jbeam already!

I presume the S model you tried launches a tad higher and spins a tad more and the D Chris has tried is the deeper faced lower spin, lower launching head? For a 435 10* equivalent, what loft in S and D heads assuming shafts are the same please?

I know you are neck deep with work ... need the reviews when you can T. Thanks.

Yes S model is a little bit shallower so the CG is a bit further back. It gives a slightly higher launch.

I have both the D and S here I will try and make a comparison but the differences are minimal visually.

The D probably has a more similar launch to the 425 while the S the 435.

I thank everyone for their patience on TRPX.

Its been a lot of work to get this partnership working but once it is rolling TSG is the exclusive international dealer for TRPX. Because we work directly with TRPX we not only have direct access to all their products but their people like ABEX and others as well. I will introduce them a bit later on.

We will be able to offer members here the best deals and access to all the best TRPX products.

Yes S model is a little bit shallower so the CG is a bit further back. It gives a slightly higher launch.

I have both the D and S here I will try and make a comparison but the differences are minimal visually.

The D probably has a more similar launch to the 425 while the S the 435.

I thank everyone for their patience on TRPX.

Its been a lot of work to get this partnership working but once it is rolling TSG is the exclusive international dealer for TRPX. Because we work directly with TRPX we not only have direct access to all their products but their people like ABEX and others as well. I will introduce them a bit later on.

We will be able to offer members here the best deals and access to all the best TRPX products.

Sounds great T. Will be vey interested to hear your thoughts on the head.

Very interested in this head and the new CRZ-450. Anyone try both and have a comparison in terms of feel, spin and forgiveness characteristics? Playing a Maxima Type-V which I love the feel and forgiveness but actually getting fairly low backspin from the driver and need to jump that up about 500-700 RPM.

The TRPX feels softer than the CRZ450 which is louder.

Both are reasonably forgiving and both have good distance.

Spin wise the CRZ which you just ordered may be a tad higher.

I can give a big thumbs up for the new Crazy 450.

I dont think it is as long as the Maxima, its close though, but for me it is much more forgiving.

At this stage I just cant hit enough fairways with the Maxima. I can barely hit a fairway.

The new Crazy 450 is a higher lofted head than I usually hit and the increased launch is I think a big factor of why I really like it.

I havent hit the new TRPX heads.......... Yet

The big sleeper of all the Crazy stuff I got fitted for has been the hybrid.

I like it a lot, but havent used it enough to really give it a big plug yet. It is certainly promising though.

I thought that the Maxima was going to be the hit of the year, but seems that the "New kid on the block" is here to rock. Cant wait to try it!

I have the Maxima (love the feel, forgiveness, distance is still TBD as I have only hit range rocks and haven't had a chance to play - waiting for more equipment to come in ;) Just ordered the new CRZ-450 (really, based on Craig's review - thanks Craig for a good write-up and my wife thanks you for me having another club to play with ;)

I am sure it won't be long before I try out the S-031 :)

Will do a full write-up as well on the Maxima v. CRZ-450 once I get it. The cool part, both will have the same LY01 6.9 shaft in them.

Cant wait for another persons view on the 450 Versus the Maxima.

I find it difficult to recommend gear as I do feel bad if it doesnt work out.

So hopefully I wont get that feeling here.