another Gold's gem

RLL33

Well, I wasn't sure I could like the feel of my old Yamada 85029 putter any more than I already did, but it was getting pretty old and I had to admit there were a couple of nicks in the face that were affecting putts.

And then I saw Tario's article about the work Master Sasaya was doing at Gold's Factory, and a few TSG'ers who had sent putters in encouraged me to try it.

So I sent my baby across the Pacific. And all I can say is, wow, it's now the Yamada, only better!

My request to Tario was a little unusual, I guess. As much I thought the look of many of the Gold's refinishes was stunning, I wanted to try and keep the look of my 85029's burning copper and possibly play up the antiqued quality it had developed over time. So, between Tario and Master Sasaya, they went to work.

And for me, the result is not only stunningly beautiful, but the feel with the new milling is somehow even better. The putter always felt like butter to me, but if possible, it now feels even richer. All I can say is, the ball seems to sink into the face until I just about feel the dimples. And most importantly, when I took it out to the club this week, I had two of my best putting rounds of the year. Yesterday I had 4 one-putts alone on some pretty tricky greens!

So.. my thanks to Master Sasaya, to Tario, and to Stew, Craig, and others here who reassured me about taking the opportunity to have this work done.

Below are a couple of pics, too.

my thanks again to all involved,

--Richard

post-15743-0-21897200-1376694107.jpg

post-15743-0-02440100-1376694121.jpg

Simply stunning. Have a Yamada razor in Burning Copper and I think that would look awesome with a finish like that.

What a beauty...

Am I surprised the Master came through (again)??

Not in the least.

I've said it a 1000 times here... "the Master Rules"

Congrats Richard, looking forward to seeing it in person soon.

You need to post the "before" pictures so we can see the differences. ; )

Edited by Duffer19

What a Nice finishing .......

Thanks for the replies, guys. Interestingly, my wife doesn't seem to mind me keeping this one near the bed while we sleep... <g> When I did that with the T388 the first week I had it, even our cat, which is named Kobayashi, wasn't down with it. All think this baby looks like a work of art -- which of course it is. (Thought Sasaya-san might enjoy the anecdote though... <g>)