S-YARD XV Driver, are they still good?

gian11

Is this driver still good compared to latest drivers like Ryoma Maxima, Kamui KM-200 Air, Modart, TRPX, TM Gloire to name a few?

Thanks for any feedback!

I sold TRPX and Maxima. Now, using what're in my signature. To ME, I hit the XV straighter than TRXP with about the same overall distance. Got problem launching the ball with T.388; XV is kinda right for me.

Mark

I am sure that it can keep up with any new model. In fact, I don't think that there has been much change in performance the last few years. If that was the case that newer is always better, we would all be bombing 400yards drives all day long.

It's depend on what issue do you want to compare, if you ask for a distance then it won't be as long as KW Air and Maxima since those driver were developed and applied technology to help increasing distance or Glorie is an anti right driver that help if you have slice problem. But if you are looking for an overall performance and feeling driver then definitely XV is one of those top lists of last year driver.

It's depend on what issue do you want to compare, if you ask for a distance then it won't be as long as KW Air and Maxima since those driver were developed and applied technology to help increasing distance or Glorie is an anti right driver that help if you have slice problem. But if you are looking for an overall performance and feeling driver then definitely XV is one of those top lists of last year driver.

Thanks man! my main gamer is the 435 which is long enough..so just looking for something that I can rotate, I guess ideally an all around driver with good sound/feel.

I read this blog earlier hence the interest:

http://www.golftoimpress.com/s-yard-driver-comparisons-xt-vs-xv-vs-t-388/

I was going to sell mine but gave it another shot with a roddio si5 stiff and it is unreal. Very straight and as long as anything with this shaft. Mine is 10.5 it gives a strong trajectory and gets great rollout.

I also think you have to look at what type of player you are talking about. There are lots of reviews on here but never does someone say what there playing ability is. I'm a 4hcp with a 105 mph ss smooth temp with positive angle of attack and play a slight draw. For me the xv is straighter and longer than anything I've tried. Much better than the Maxima was for me which contradicts a previous posts opinion. I don't think guys with a slower swing speed will see the true potential of this head. Just my opinion that you should find someone with abilities and swing characteristics close to yours and look at those reviews. Otherwise your better picking a driver out of a hat IMO.

Edited by jbird902

• 1 month later...

I have had the XV since spring of last year. My initial impressions were luke warm , as I love and have great results with the 388 and had high expections. I have tried several of my best shafts, with meh results until now. For kicks I had a Homma ARMRQ 49 S shaft sitting in limbo. This shaft unlocked the beast in this head. i have a smooth tempo 100 mph swing with a driver. Since the reshaft my good hits have had the optimum traits I have been looking for. PERFECT TRAJECTORY , ANGLE OF DESCENT, MAXIMUM ROLLOUT GIVEN CONDITIONS, and some of the best smash factor at impact I could ask for. Of all the drivers I have hit, I believe the S YARDs 388 and now THE XV, reward a good swing as well as anything.

Edited by driverhead