Taylormade Gloire F Pics

TourSpecGolfer

Wow I love the colour of that logo!

Would be interesting to see this head to head vs the R15.

Quick question are the tips that Gloire Drivers use, the same as the Taylormade US R1/SLDR/Jetspeed/R15?

The 2014 Glorie and Gloire F tips are compatible with the R1/SLDR. R15 and Jetspeed. The original Gloire and Gloire Reserve use the R7/R9/R11 and RBZ sleeve.

pictures indeed look good, especially @ address. any feedback on performance Chris?

It's actually NOT a pretty good driver.

It's actually a really really good driver.

That statement comes from a true blue TM Hater. Me

and for me this is a better driver than the R15.

The Gloire F this year is geared toward the better player where as previous models where more mid-high handicap designs and with this new F we actually see many of TM staffers in Japan using the complete line up from Driver, FW, UT, and Irons. I've spent 5 rounds with this in the bag. I am intrigued to as why Taylormade Japan decided to use Alpha Beta Titanium Forged materials and can only assume it's for performance or feel.

my overall impressions are this is an excellent club and while it isn't a range topper in one particular area it is above average in all areas except workability.
In 5 rounds I never adjusted it once and is it comes square and I will also say it doesn't really feel soft like most forged faces, its got a semi soft pop off the face and if you didn't say it was forged I would not have noticed and just brushed it off as one of the better feeling TM drivers I've hit.
It's distance was better than average, It's ball flight was very straight with a pretty tight dispersion for this stock shaft . The spin seems on the low side yet it has a mid/high launch which I liked a lot I will be keeping this club as a backup and tinkering with JDM shaft options that have a more aggressive kick and higher launch like the TRPX Air or tipped Fujikura Air, I feel as if this head could shine with the proper shaft.
We can get the standard adapters or premium fancy golden ones. It's a very good club Holiday Special 650 + Shipping if anyone with over 100 forum posts is interested.

Great info. How much less forgiving is it compared to previous Gloires?

It plays similar to the 1st Gloire (not the plastic face versions) , but has a stronger ball flight given the same loft.

Edited by driverhead

I will be keeping this club as a backup and tinkering with JDM shaft options that have a more aggressive kick and higher launch like the TRPX Air or tipped Fujikura Air, I feel as if this head could shine with the proper shaft.

I just put a TRPX AIR in the Gloire F 46.5 total inches. 11 degrees square. I am getting great carry (given high 30 low 4O TEMPS). A bit more draw in the ball flight.

Edited by driverhead

Looks very good. I am using the Gloire Reserve from a couple of years back. Super easy to hit. I really like the ceramic face insert and I am surprised to see them move to titanium as well. The Ceramic face was 10 years in the making and supposedly (at least according to TM) a better material. Would love to know why

I just bought the Gloire 2014 with the Ceramic face. Can't wait to give it a go at the range... sometime... in spring

Is it possible to change the weight on the Gloire driver ?

If so, is there a weight kit available ?

Yes. Ive done it. It is a fixed weight , but you can get heavier weights. These are fixed weights and not the R series weights. YOU MUST GET A SPECIAL TOOL specific to these weights, and a butane torch to loosen the fixed weight Then use the tool to tighten the replacement weight. I added 13 grams to the 2014 GLOIRE head WITH A REPLACEMENT WEIGHT.

Yes. Ive done it. It is a fixed weight , but you can get heavier weights. These are fixed weights and not the R series weights. YOU MUST GET A SPECIAL TOOL specific to these weights, and a butane torch to loosen the fixed weight Then use the tool to tighten the replacement weight. I added 13 grams to the 2014 GLOIRE head WITH A REPLACEMENT WEIGHT.

Where did you get the weights ?

Are there other TM weights that would work ?

Where did you get the weights ?

Are there other TM weights that would work ?

Hirekogolf has the bit tool ( T20 Torx bit). . and weights.

Edited by driverhead