Had To Do It....

gus

Ok so I'm a hybrid equipment kinda guy, my bag is usually an eclectic mix of US retail and JSpec swag. Having said that I've always been partial to Titleist here in the States and in my twisted mind their Japanese twin Yamaha. It's been a few years since I gamed a Tour Model so I broke down tonight and sent Chris the green light to dial up this years CB's. This may have been discussed a million times already so I apologize but being excited I gotta ask who's gamed/gaming these and how are they treating you?? It's funny, here in the States most golfers have no idea Yamaha makes golf equipment but they obviously recognize the iconic Yamaha emblem which immediately elicits respect. They ask and I always say......www.Tourspecgolf.com, go learn.....BB

Edited by BigBen

I have last year's Yam tour cb's and have lusted over this year's. Best cb's I played. They beat out Miura cb-2007 and epon 502. Great feel, playability and decent forgiveness.

+1 on the Yammie 2014 RMX CB Tour.. Thoroughly enjoyed it.. Small enough, yet decent forgiveness, superb feedback and feel..

Not tried the 2015 version yet, but don't think it would differ drastically..

2015s are a diffnrenrt kinda balde.

remembrering the tour model is designed with the sole intention of being the best head playable for the yamaha pro fujita san.

and hten thye sell a a cpl to the lucky retail few .

yamaha of old was my fav brand. the o 2009 model i stil have and will prob never get rid of .

2009 was a GREAT year in JDM come to think of it

the range that year was outstanding!

I agree with stew...

09, 11, and even 12 were great!

Regret selling those :(

Curious how 15 plays.

Would you please update it after few rounds?

Thanks for the feedback guys, I will absolutely take some pictures and compare them to my Bridgestone J15 MB's should give a nice feel for size. I'm so glad JDM is beginning to offer Modus as a stock option, I'm having a love affair with the 120's so smooth and feel great. I'm not a fan of S200's but offering the Nippon's really makes the decision easy, nice too that's what's in my Bridgies.

So the box shows up today, Wow! How's that for fast, I tear into it clean things up and promptly swing weight the entire set. I mean Yamaha's quality just never gets old, the fit/finish is second to NONE and each iron swing weight was literally within two or three GRAMS of each other just spot on! Must say that's very impressive, well done Yammie, for my money passion is in the details and these irons are worth every single penny! BB

Edited by BigBen

Awesome to hear and great visual in you tearing into that new box (like many of us have - Christmas early). Congrats on the new irons. When I was lucky enough to demo the CBs, they were very impressive!

Thanks MP for the kind words! I'm really excited to game these need to pull the grips build them up a bit and replace before my league match tomorrow. Like I mentioned I will snap a few pics and post vs my Bridgestone's which I also like very much. It's a good marriage, I will game the MB's when my game is exceptionally sharp and the CB's for tightening things back up or a simple change of pace. BB