Modart CBC's Love or Hate?

TourSpecGolfer

I have a couple customers that hated these and a couple that absolutely love them, whats even weirder is some say they are hard while others say they are soft. I've hit them with S200s and they are in between imo. Firmer forgiveness but they reminded me of not as soft Kuro's about a half club shorter in distance.

One things for sure is they are expensive and not listed on Modarts site as a standard release. Gonna give these another chance for mondays round and get them listed in the pro shop again.

post-18-0-07139500-1445772446_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-77113800-1445772451_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-89418600-1445772457_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-49517800-1445772463_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-73146400-1445772470_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-61277200-1445772477_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-63606800-1445772484_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-14716500-1445772491_thumb.jpg

These were my gamers for about a year until I recently got into the blade addiction and playing with P2s.

- Performance-wise, they are as forgiving as a blade and have a similar trajectory.

- They look really, really cool (I still wish they didn't include the "Made in Japan" on the back)

- Feel wise, they are harder/more dense than what you would get with a 302, p1, p2, Mizzy. Hard to describe or compare

- They are a more compact CB compared to others (they have a smaller footprint than my p2s)

- I still think the shaft makes these sing and trying some 130s in mine coming up tomorrow!

Are they like the CNC milled Zodias ???? I find those very dense but you can really feel where the ball is going.....

I wish i could.....i couldn't get the day off : (

Regardless how they play they certainly look stunning

• 4 weeks later...

Just put the Modart CBC into play today, i have to put this club as love....it is a super solid club and amazingly forgiving...its as long as any players club out there if not longer ! It reminds me of a Titleist T-MB but smaller and equally as forgiving. It is definitely in unicorn territory....only complaint is the "made in Japan" stamping....seriously who thought that was a good idea , i can't think of a single person who likes that stamp, they might as well as stamp Assembled in China on the face !

Edited by robbie

That's an impressive review robbie. I agree, except that stamp, these are beauties. Please post another review after some more time with them.

That's an impressive review robbie. I agree, except that stamp, these are beauties. Please post another review after some more time with them.

Haha, exactly, i only gamed these on a launch monitor and the numbers are very impressive.....i have no idea how these play on a real course. The ball speed numbers keep up with the Callaway Apex CF16, which shocked me....spin was very good and these irons felt great and kept a very tight line....ill be taking these to Hawaii in a couple of weeks and Turtle bay in the winter time will be very windy and interesting !

Update : Took these out to the outdoor range on a cold windy night and these irons were spectacular......they made the cold range balls feel like Pro V1s, the heads are tiny but they deliver a very satisfying thump onto the ball.....They seem to have no weak or dead spots, the face is super forgiving. Distance was hard to determine but they are definitely long enough and in terms of shot making ability, these irons can maneuver the ball easily yet still hit straight shots if that is what you prefer. This is still a honeymoon period but this set impresses me more and more each day. best way to describe this iron is Copper Epon 302 is mated with a sledge hammer. The Modarts are not mushy soft but i can't feel any harshness whatsoever, it just delivers a massive blow that is solid.....thats probably the best way to describe it, this club hits a "solid" ball......

This club visually looks like an Epon Sus316 but with more emphasis on a meaty muscle rather than the cavity. This head has the possibility of luring me away from MBs...

This club visually looks like an Epon Sus316 but with more emphasis on a meaty muscle rather than the cavity. This head has the possibility of luring me away from MBs...

Much smaller than SUS, the Modarts are tiny.

post-1360-0-78330000-1448860800_thumb.jp

Edited by robbie