Roy Colle TM-X 3w

chiromikey

In my quest for lighter clubs to get me through until I can get my butt back in the gym I picked up Royal Collection's new 3w.  Their new stuff is a slight departure from their tried and true line ups from the past but you can still see much of the old traits put in place.  I actually got the club out last week in stock form and the overall lighter shaft and swingweight wasn't a fit at all for my game, more so the swing weight and length than anything else.  All I did was top it on every shot.  So I added a 1" extension which didn't add much overall weight but brought the swingweight up to D5 and fit my flat swing plane much better.  What a HUGE difference for me.  One of the main reasons I chose this 3w was not the technology with it's adjustable heal/toe or fore/aft weighting screws, adjustable hosel, or it's Ti face and carbon crown but because the TM-X line up is damn near the only thing available with a 56* lie angle.  I'm so sick of us short guys stuck with woods with their toe sitting a full cm in the air at address.  Yes, I understand the upright lie angle helps the average golfer fight the slice or fade but I'm not playing game improvement clubs here.  Give me a damn fairway with a proper lie angle!!!  This thing has it and because of that is probably the easiest fw I've ever played.  It was so easy to hit straight from tight lights to first cuts and even side hill lies.  It has a nice solid feel, maybe not the thump of their old stuff but still very good.  The Ti face with the carbon crown gives it a good click at impact, nothing high pitched and the metallic sound is gone, just a solid click.  The head is extremely compact, as small as, if not smaller than my Yamaha Inpress 5w.  Distance is as good as anything else nowadays.  As it sits now I may not even need to put an aftermarket shaft in this thing.  I love it...in fact I just ordered the 5w to compliment it.

wow , thats some reco for the shaft.

hmmmm..  i did like  the look of this   but  now i think  its  very busy.... i cant pass over the oldies from RC and that thump at impact.  ive   become  such a traditionalist  when it comes to looks . 
simplicity takes my eye all day, this is a very different  stlye to the ones i have  ,   love t hit     this  but  i dont think i cud game it.

RC  have made the cream of the crop fwd for so long. theres no possibility of htis NOT being good.

No doubt, it’s very busy when looking at the sole but from the top not that bad. The traditional shape and it being so compact allows me to get past the way they blended the carbon crown to the body. Although I might have preferred a classier painted or glossy finish to the raw look.

the oldies  but  for me, the besties...
now ive hit a fw or 2 over the season , but i gotta say there isnt a thng of more simplicity, beauty and feel  than these   .
prob not ieal for your higher capper  but if ur  comfy giving  the pill  a  toink  AND  like  pieces not just for play but for esoteric  then ..

ALL IN  on RC.

20230710_125941.jpg

20230710_125758.jpg

Edited by supo