KZG CBII vs TS202's??

Landy

I'm torn between these two irons.

KZG CBII or TS 202's.

Any recommendations?

PS - My first choice are the X Blade CB's, but I don't beleive my game is there.

Thank you

I'm torn between these two irons.  

KZG CBII or TS 202's.

Any recommendations?

PS - My first choice are the X Blade CB's, but I don't beleive my game is there.

Thank you

I think it's a mistake to not consider the X Blade CB's. They are incredibly easy to hit. Just as easy as the 202's, in fact the long irons might even be easier to hit than the 202's. In fact, I think the Z101's long irons are easier to hit than the 202's. I have both of those sets right now. :wink:

Landy,

I never played the KZG CBII, but I owned the 202. The 202 are super forgiving and a wonderful soft feel. I can't imagine the CBII being any better.

Speaking of the X cb. I am planning to purchase these after all.

FAQ,

Do you have the X cb? Can you give us a brief review. I am really interested in the size of the blade compare to the 202.

I have owned both and the 202's couldn't kick the CBII's out of the bag. I love the feel of my CBII's. The long irons (3 and 4) are a little tough to hit so for you I would recommend replacing them with the cb-IIm like I did. Have you tried the KZG Evolution iron set yet? Sounds like it would be right up your alley. They progress from blade pw to full cavity back 3 iron. I've heard these feel as good as the CB-II and you don't have to worry about different swingweights between CB-II and CB-IIm. If I were you, I would give the evolution a serious shot.

The long irons in the TS 202's are the easiest long irons to hit I've ever experienced. I think the combination of the leading edge relief, high MOI and lower center of gravity with the tungsten weight all contribute fact that these are the only long irons I've EVER been able to hit with any distance or accuracy. I'm mixing the long iron lofts between Nakashima hybrids and TS 202's to vary both distance and trajectory (higher trajectory with the hybrids, lower with the long irons; good for windy days) and the ability to hit out of poor lies (advantage hybrids). It's a very versatile setup that works for me.