TM players paid to use the R7 headcovers and Bag's?

The latest JPGA tourney was won by an American player sponsored by TM. I noticed he had the white R7 hat i wanted and one of them limited bags I was selling, he even had an R7 umbrella but when pulling the R7 cover off his driver to my surprise it was a conforming 510TP. I wonder if he is being paid to put the head cover on because the R7 cover is not user friendly at all. Also whats with all the conforming drivers on the JPGA.

just seems strange to me. :?

Yea ! to me its just a big marketing ploy to get people to see r7 everywhere so they will buy the stuff they dont even play its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ good heads up even though the r7 might be a great driver makes me feel like im tricked and miss informed but that the world off marketing.

Dont get me wrong I do have the R7 in the bag right now, Im just curious if these guys are taking cash for this or doing TM a favor.

oh yea there getting payed for marketing for ther new line of stuff they do it every year .yea i want a conforming r7 when i can get one, from the rep i heard there great.. But hes getting payed for something he doesnt even play..

An R7 cover on a 510 is not near as bad as Vijay or David Toms with a Cleveland Launcher headcover on their 510's... 8O

At the golf fair this year in Tokyo the TM high ups said there will no longer be Tee up money and that the clubs will be built into contract.

Does anyone know if this is accurate?

Also whats with all the conforming drivers on the JPGA.

I think in all professional tours and low-amatuer events with good fields there has been a "recommendation" since the start of '04 that only conforming drivers be put in play or maybe these guys are just getting ready with a driver just in case they have to play in a major or on the "Tour".

you guys ever see a staff players garage? It's filled with golf bags, headcovers, shirts, hats, visors, balls, clubs etc etc etc. The contracts aren't always just for the clubs. Every piece of real estate on a golfer is up for sale. Look at Daily. The contracts that Vijay has isn't to promote Cleveland Launcher, it's to promote Cleveland golf. He's in Cleveland ads, he's part of Cleveland branding. I bet 90% of the people out there don't know he has a TM driver. Point is that they are paid to be part of the marketing machine. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the clubs, it business.

These guys are sent new stuff on a weekly basis. The sponsors make sure they have the latest marketing message. They know it's not necessarily the club people look at all the time. It's simple These guys are on TV, and if Sergio is on the leaderboard, it's a 4 hour free commercial for Taylor Made R7.

I remember reading in Bud, Sweat, and Tee's the caddies will make their own contracts if their man is on the leaderboard, since the sponsors know they are probably going to be on TV.

i no that some companies have in contracts that they have to have x amount of their type of club in the bag. also i no from a rep that on the euro our if u tee up with a tm driver u get £500 a tourny the 2 ball putter u get £500 and things like that tm do this the most they try and buy the market which is what they have done they tm players on yearly contracts like sergio r paid in a yearly sum.sergio got 4 million us dollars over 4 years i think. also im pretty certain that tm loses money. its salamon that keeps them running. think of all the money that goes on tour and marketing i dont think they make all of that back