taper tip shafts to be installed in parallel head

lilcaeser

how can i have a set of tapers installed in my parallel heads ? can sand fill the voids correctly?  thanks  tony

Why not just get some parallel tipped shafts and sell the Tapers?

how can i have a set of tapers installed in my parallel heads ? can sand fill the voids correctly? thanks tony

No way a sand can fill it up and get a good strenght out of it.

I ussually use a .008" aluminium shim that i got from a hardware store. Cut them and wrap it around, They are the exact gap thickness. Make sure you got them all glue on every sides.

Parralel tip shaft are not the same w/ taper tip shaft. It's gonna take a lot for me to explain them why and how.

Good luck !

Joe:)

• 3 weeks later...
just intalled tapers into the parallels w/ golfsmith shims,work great,,also used the black onyx epoxy,,hope they hold,,,,,,,tony

...does your 'black onyx epoxy' = royal onyx?...if so - then i would rip-apart what you just put together - then re-set using 24hr epoxy...royal onyx only works well when epoxy'ing tight fitting components...the brass shims are fine when using the appropriate epoxy...in the future - a good way to install taper shafts in .370 reamed hosels is to tip the shafts 1/2" and then soft-step using shafting beads or sugar in your epoxy...

e