X-Drive 390 or TR-X 370

tsunglin

It is too hard to choose one of the two driver.  Does any opinion you have if you only can pick one ?

Id take the non pro spec X390 but if its " pro spec " its too demanding. I don't like Tourstage Pro spec drivers. The non conforming are actually more expensive. The TR-X 370 is awesome extremely deep face very long great feel. I love everything about it. Its even deeper than the TP and its 30cc smaller. 9* is square but it also plays to a true 9* If Tm ever made a 9* driver it would probably play to 9.5-10 degree's. PRGR's specs are usually on the money.

I would think feel wise the composite drivers will lose out. I am sure trx 370 is top quality stuff but basically the technology is the same as other composite drivers.

I have tried a few composite drivers, fusion, mp-001, yonex cyberstar but not the TRX 370. They are all long and very forgiving, but on contact they all felt the same : somewhat dead.

The x-drive on the other hand produces a lively crack that many here can testify to. I tested it 6mths ago and I still can't forget how good it felt.

Although I have an mp-001 which I think is a great club, but I don't like it. Only bought it cuz its good value and the only thing I could afford. Distance and forgiveness wise, the mp-001 and other composite clubs would be hard to beat but if you are looking for the a combination of FEEL, sound, distance and forgiveness, the XD 390 should be a perfect choice.

Well, my 2 cents .