What is the difference in these Gauge putters?

Alcap26

I know this has been gone over b/4 but I guess I am too lazy to look for it. These putters perk my interest and I was wondering what the differences were. Are they just cosmetic or is their a material and quality issue. I know the top one is Gauge Japan and the bottom is Gauge USA but I am not to clear on the differences. Thanks

ELDIK_001-s.jpg

jspec11b.jpg

I own both and the J-Spec is now a paper weight. here is some info to clear up the confusion:

Eldik retail : Nano Cast w/ SS303 weight piece Longer visual aid

Prototype Eldik: SS303 w/SS303 weight piece short size visual aid

Tour Eldik: SS303 w/SS303 weight piece mid size visual aid (blue/Red)

J-Spec: SS303 w/ SS303 weight piece, but the weight piece is on the top :-D ???? to promote skipping and hopping of the ball :o I could not believe this but the ball hops and skips off the face rather than rolling true. Its just a proven fact the M.O.I is increased when the weight has a lower C.O.G. The face has milling marks as do all U.S gauges

So what are the differences between he two companies?....Way to many to list so I will just state the obvious. Japan Gauge uses Japan steel from sumitomo and himeji, they use auto cad designs and plastic molds to create the product model then the protos are made and months of testing is done to make sure its up to standards. The faces are Flat CNC milled to promote less variables during ball contact and the aluinsers are absolutely flush unlike the U.S gauge putters that will eventually rust due to sub standard craftsmanship. If you do have a chance to hold a U.S GD putter rub your finger across the aluinser area, you will feel a drop where it starts and ends.

example of non flush aluinsers:

032c.jpg

32_12_s.JPG

example of the way it should be:

34r2bn7.JPG

P1010248.JPG

:logo: does not support Gauge U.S.A in any way shape or form, and thats a promise! :cool:

I agree. I've owned both US and Japan Gauge Design putters. The US ones just wear out really fast too. The face is easily worn, and so is the sole. Very strange. Although, the US one has a softer solid feel while the Japan one has a cleaner click feel to it. I guess on one extreme would be a soft insert, and the middle is Gauge US, and on the other end the crisp feel is Gauge Japan. I think the Japan ones are very well made and much higher quality, down to even the head cover, and the Titan ION grips! :love:

I have demoed a GD Japan prototype putter code named the "Automatic " its amazing! an anser style head with an insert, one with aluminum and one with GSS. I thought the aluminum insert was softer and felt better. This putter has a newly designed heavy aluinser and tungsten ingots. No head twisting, soft feel, super easy to align and the aluinser is heavy causing the M.O.I to soar even on an anser head. I don't really care for aluinsers but after trying this putter it adds a ton of extra forgiveness to a traditional classic style.

In this pic the proto aluinser

sdf441.JPG

In this pic the GSS insert

normal_P1010197.JPG

normal_P1010196.JPG

Blue Aluminum Insert

Protofface4.jpgProtofface7.jpg

Protofface5.jpgProtofface6.jpg