Maru's US OPEN BAG. A driver we can all hit!?!

lightrider

http://www.nynewsday.com/sports/golf/ny-sp...l=ny-golf-print

What's in Shigeki Maruyama's bag?

Driver: X-Drive Prototype 10.2-degree loft

3-wood: TaylorMade V-Steel T/S 13 degree 5-wood: Bridgestone Tourstage MR23 18 degree

7-wood: Bridgestone Tourstage MR23 21 degree

4-iron through pitching wedge: Bridgestone Tourstage MR23

Sand wedge: Bridgestone Tourstage MR23 53 degree

Lob wedge: Bridgestone Tourstage MR23 59 degree

Putter: Zomo Prototype Ball: Tourstage X-01 Prototype

It is not just weekend players who would rather use a 7-wood than a long iron. Maruyama, a three-time champion on the PGA Tour, put that club in his bag at the Players Championship. He did it in preparation for the Masters, and liked it so much that he decided to keep using it.

Rumors have it the X-Drive 2 is 348cc's with a deep face. Tourstage may also change the name of it but its basically a proto for the next line they begin. after the X-wedge, X blade Cb's etc I have a feeling the X-series will be phased out for something new. My guess is in 2 years, I am also hearing that Bridgestone/Tourstage will be taking a major run at the U.S market in the next 3 years. They have the $$$ and the recourses and despite rumors saying they are pulling out, They are NOT leaving the U.S, TS is just getting rid of the Z-series and deciding what to do with precept. If Bridgestone markets their product in the U.S as they do in Japan they may have the same affect, huge success problem is the market in the U.S is so darn cheap in regards to buying quality product.