RC BBD Type H review *pics*

primo

So I've had a chance to play a few rounds with my new 3 wood. It's a RC BBD Type H off the JPGA. It's got the 660 TR X flex. I honestly thought I was going to change the shaft, because I tried the 660 S in a driver before and thought it was too whippy. Well in X and in the 3 it's really nice. Very friendly and easy to hit. To give some reference I had been playing a Kasco DNA FS with a Fuji HM04 X. According to my sources this thing is IDENTICAL to the earlier model known as the KP99. I really like this 3 wood, however the sound was getting a little too harsh for me. The super hyten is a little on the loud side. Performance wise I thought it was great. Long as all hell, however I got so good with my driver, I just never pulled the spoon anymore.

Well after a few rounds and a session on the range, I must say I am quite impressed with this club. It's not as long as the Kasco, but I wasn't really looking for distance out of this club. It is more accurate than the Kasco. I was having problems controlling my Kasco, and like I said I have really been hitting my Gemini great, so the spoon had just been sitting in the bag. I'm not sure how much of it is the head or the shaft, I have a feeling it has more to do with the shaft, but this new combination is much less demanding than my old setup. I can take a easier swing, and therefore get more accurate. The biggest difference, however and what I am most excited about is the feel of this club. The feel is absolutely solid. Muted and heavy, like a mini Maru, very nice feel, great trajectory. Also Very forgiving. Again part of this may be the difference in shaft.

Here are a couple of images.

woods1.jpg

woods2.jpg

woods3.jpg

woods4.jpg[/img]

if i had known,

i would've taken that FS off your hands...

just picked one up and currently getting a vp70 installed.

definitely a looong 3wd and the sound i don't mind since my fave driver is also kasco...

got a supernova coming soon too which is supposed to be the sh!t!

who knows, maybe the search'll be over soon...

i'm confused too. the 660tr is definately stiff.  

the trti-46 is much better in a fw than a driver as well

andy

to add - judging by the amount of tour spec graphics visible on the trti, it looks like that shaft was tipped quite a bit while the 660tr stiff was not tipped at all! i have two r510 tps both w/ tour specs - one is a stiff flex that was tipped a bunch (looks like the trti in this picture) and the other is an x that wasn't tipped (looks like the 660tr).

hmm interesting. I was told the 3 wood was off the jpga tour and that it was an X flex. That may explain why it's so soft. I have no idea what the club freqs out at. I have another HM04 on the way that I might try. I disagree I think the TRITI is incredible in the driver. It's the closest thing to steel as I can find.

Thanks for the info guys.

hmm interesting. I was told the 3 wood was off the jpga tour and that it was an X flex. That may explain why it's so soft. I have no idea what the club freqs out at. I have another HM04 on the way that I might try. I disagree I think the TRITI is incredible in the driver. It's the closest thing to steel as I can find.

Thanks for the info guys.

ill agree with ya there..the triti46 is awesome in a driver if ya need a heavy shaft...very responsive and dispersion is tight....also very easy to load !