To tip or not to tip - NV75S & Spectrum head

ericm007

I am going to assemble a SMT Spectrum head with a NV 75S shaft. Since the Spectrum has such a deep bore (2.25") and the NV only has a 3" PTS, should I tip this shaft or will the deep bore make it play a little firmer than the S flex already? Anyone ever had this shaft in a deep bore head? How did it play? I do plan to put a 5 gr weight in the hosel to help the SW, its about .5" long, so that will take up some room. I plan to build it to 44.5". My SS is around 104-106 on avg, and I swing pretty agressively. I just want to make sure that I don't build a hook machine, I'm looking for a nice fade. TIA.

Eric

Play it un tipped first then if you find it going too high or hooks and pulls pull it low heat and have it tipped. I think thats the best way and you will also learn a little about your swing, torque and tipping.

I appreciate the advice, but I actually built the club over the weekend. I like a little head heavy feel so I dropped a 5 gr weight into the hosel and cut .5” off the tip to compensate for the difference in bore depth caused by the length of the weight. It has a SW of about D6, I was hoping for about D4, but I think the light Winn grip pushed it up. The total club weight is right around 330grs, which is not too bad.

I hit it this weekend and I must say that it swings pretty good, I definitely don’t think I will have a problem hooking this if I put a half way decent swing on it.

I plan to do a review of it when I get a few more rounds on it.

Thanks again for the replies.