Need a little advice regarding iron shaft fitting

seahwk95

Have a question for you guys. I'm seriously looking at purchasing some Mizuno MX-23s to replace my Ping ISIs. I've always played regular shafts in irons (jz reg in ISIs) but when I did the custom fit options questionaire on TGW.com I filled in my driver swing speed (90 mph), desired ball flight (medium) and it recommended the S300s as opposed to R300s. I play regular shafts in drivers and FW woods, so I was a bit surprised since I assumed with my swing speed reg flex was a no brainer.

I know getting custom fit is worth the money and I'm considering it. I know my lie settings are -1 flat so I was hoping to save a little money but this was a slight curveball.

Can any of you guys tell me if this sounds right and if I should bag the idea of online fitting and bite the bullet (about $40 at the local Mizuno reseller).

Thanks in advance

Jason

First off I'm shocked you have to pay for a fitting from a Miz retailer. Most of the local shops here do not charge for custom fitting or at least apply it to your purchase.

You may want to check with Mizuno and see if they have their van at a demo day in your area or close enough to drive too. I have seen them fit golfers and their custom fitting (they build the clubs while you wait) is incredible.

Yea....i'm pretty sure they'd apply the cost of the fitting towards the cost of the clubs, but I'd be paying retail plus tax (7%) when I could get them for less online and only pay shipping and somewhere around $50 or $75.

and no demo days listed on their web site for NC

i wouldnt use the online fitting. id get the most accurate fitting from ur pro shop. that way they can do everything right then and there instead oif going by what the internet tells u. im looking to get the mx-23s as well. i wanna test them out and compare them to the ta6's and ta7's.