Picked up my Scratch wedge yesterday

shart6

I will post pictures of course but wanted start the thread with some comments. Ari’s fitting was executed beautifully. I expected a club that would allow me hit shots under tournament conditions well. I got a club that rivals the looks of reground Wilson Staff sandwedges used by Greg Norman and Tom Watson in the eighties and early nineties.

:smile2:

Steve

Sweet wedges good luck with it, I'm due for one myself.Congrats :smile2:

I got my 60* 3xb Scratch from Ari a couple of weeks ago. I haven't been able to play much since but did get one round in. The thing that impressed me most about the Scratch was that it didn't feel like a wedge that I was playing with for the very first time. I felt very comfortable with it. I used it several times during the round. Highlights include - one chip in birdie on a par 3 & a 100 yard shot to about 4.5' (missed the birdie though). The biggest advantage of getting custom fitted by Ari is that you can swing the way you swing without any adjustments, i.e., Ari has already adjusted everything so that you can go ahead and swing. Needless to say, I love the wedge. I have since ordered a 52* 3xb hand grind.

• 1 month later...
I got my 60* 3xb Scratch from Ari a couple of weeks ago. I haven't been able to play much since but did get one round in. The thing that impressed me most about the Scratch was that it didn't feel like a wedge that I was playing with for the very first time. I felt very comfortable with it. I used it several times during the round. Highlights include - one chip in birdie on a par 3 & a 100 yard shot to about 4.5' (missed the birdie though). The biggest advantage of getting custom fitted by Ari is that you can swing the way you swing without any adjustments, i.e., Ari has already adjusted everything so that you can go ahead and swing. Needless to say, I love the wedge. I have since ordered a 52* 3xb hand grind.

leepark, can you post a pic of your 3xb? how is the texture? is it shiny or flat?

Leepark I could not agree with you more. I am hitting shots that I lost confidence with over the last two years with that damn cleveland. Heck the first time I used mine during a round I chipped in for eagle. I can't say enough about the wedge. The grind was perfect and I love it. Congrats on your great looking wedge and kudos to Ari and Jeff.

On the back of the club is loft 57 degrees, my initials, and the model of head Scratch coiped the club from. In my case I like a midsize head like the 1997 Hogan GCD Forged Tour. I gave Ari a sandwedge head to copy the blade width an toe shape. I requested standard length, a Dynalite shaft, a ribbed grip, a nickel finish, toe shape noted above and a blade width to match a mid size head. Ari fit everything else on a day when I was in Eugene, Oregon. I hope to repay Ari with a win soon.

Steve

i thought it said "god" woops

congrats on the wedge! a lot more shots are available a lot easier now im sure