Best used golf equpt shopping Tokyo?

daamartin

I will have the pleasure of visiting Tokyo for a conference end May/ start Jun. Have a couple of days free and was wondering where the best new and used golf shopping might be (Okachimachi??). Love JP golf gear and love this TSG website, so quite excited about my first visit to JP from Australia.

Any other travel tips (food, baseball games, must-see things) much appreciated! :tsg_smilie_smile:

Driver: Sonartec Ti-01 8* Penley Tour light X

3W: Sonartec SS-03 13* GD YS7+ X

Hy: Sonartec TRC 18* GD YS7+ X

3-PW: TourStage Z101 DGs300

SW/L: Bridgestone J33 56* (bent 54)/ J33 60*

P: PRGR Torrance CA

I will have the pleasure of visiting Tokyo for a conference end May/ start Jun. Have a couple of days free and was wondering where the best new and used golf shopping might be (Okachimachi??). Love JP golf gear and love this TSG website, so quite excited about my first visit to JP from Australia.

Any other travel tips (food, baseball games, must-see things) much appreciated! :tsg_smilie_smile:

You are in luck!! You are going to have lots and lots of replies on this category. Okachimachi is definitely a good place to start. Check out Ochonomitsu also for used sporting goods. Akihabara is the electronics district, so you should swing by there also. Most of these places are very easy to get to by train. As far as actual golf stores...check out Golf 5 and Victoria Golf. Those places are really cool. The Tokyo Giants should be starting their season by now, so you will want to head over to the Tokyo Dome. The person at the ticket counter at the train station should be able to tell you how to get to all of these places. Ginza is a must also if this is your first time. That is where most of the good shopping can be found. I assume that you are probably staying in the Asakusa area since that is where most of the hotels are located. If you happen to feel the need to look at some Cherry Blossom trees, swing over to Ueno and you will be in Blossom heaven!! That place is gorgeous. For the best view of Mt. Fuji head over to Ikebukuro. I hope that you have as much fun as I do when I go. There are endless things to do in the Tokyo area and you will see what I mean when you get there. Just remember, if you feel homesick, there is always a Starbucks within walking distance no matter where you are staying. Good luck out there brother!!

P.S. if you are looking to have some more Adult fun, check out Shinjuku(Red light District) That is always a fun experience!! HEHE :tsg_smiley_embarrassed:

Stay Safe,

Matthew

The used golf shops in Japan are expensive, The B/S/T and ebay are both cheaper.

Take a look at Victoria Golf Shinjuku, you only need to go to one store, after that your going to see just about the same stuff everywhere.

As for places to see I suggest Asakusa, Ikebukuro, Ueno, and Roppongi Hills.

Try Sinbashi, there are two golf shops near the JR station Ginza exit, the shops are just opposite each other. One shop is called Golf Partner, it sells used as well as new clubs. Another one is called Jeep, sell new equipments only. This shop is always packed & their price is probably the lowest in Tokyo for a majority of products. You will have fun there. Highly recommended.

You reckon I would have any chance of catching a JPGA tournament in Tokyo last week in May?

All this info is much appreciated. Also, any advice on a good choice of a JP driver/shaft combo to best suit my specs (below) appreciated. Am a high ball hitter but looking for a forgiving low spin instrument to hit big high sweet rainbow balls. I do like the look of the PRGR T3 black 9deg/ M49 shaft. If it is windy I can revert back to the old trusty Sonartec!

driver swing speed 115mph (late hit)

Club: The Brisbane Golf Club

Queensland Australia (AKA "heaven")