Srixon W-606 and I-606 Irons

Srixon usually tests its new clubs out on the JPGA tour miles ahead of release. 2 years ago Tommy Nakashima was using whats now known as the W-505 and this year Srixon Japan staffers are just getting ahold of this new gem of a driver. Could this be the W-606?

Wproto.jpg

I606.jpg

The H stamps in the cavity are there because this set is Hoshino's.

With the weight where it is, it looks kinda like the new XXIO driver. Really good looking, I think. Key for this driver is the shaft. I'd like to see some exotic shafts in future Srixon clubs instead of just their in house shafts.

I like ! I like ! Srixon is so solid, I might have to give this club a seriuos look. :)

Chris, good post. We all like to see the future equipment, even if we can't get our hands on it immediately.

:tsg_smilie_cool: Good looking driver!!

• 1 month later...
I agree with MGB. It looks very similar to the 06 XXIO. Surprisingly the new XXIO I saw was square. maybe it's time to go back.

Thats a good find X!

Those are not easy to come by at all. In fact I have never seen one.

IMO srixon irons are getting uglier, does anybody else think so?

the i-302s looked awesome, clean and simple- theses ones just seem messy too much crapage on them

I agree, I love my 302's and the look of the 404's...even going further back the 201's are a solid looking club too (gotta have them bent strong though).

As Chris mentioned, those irons there are special stamped and such for Hoshino. The colour sceme and the stamping may be different when these irons come out for retail. IMO, the driver looks very nice, hopefully the look doesn't change too much when they eventually bring it out.

I have no doubt the driver and irons will perform just as well as any of their previous lines. From 302s to the 505s, all their clubs have been solid. However, I really dislike the lines of the i606 irons - they resemble the i506s currently available in the US.

Also on the Srixon topic, those looking for a top-end ball should try the Srixon Z-URC. Much better feel than the Z-UR, longer than the Z-URS, it's the perfect balance between the previous 2. I also like Tourstage X balls but the Srixon win me over because their cover is much more resilient. I assume the Z-URC will eventually make it to the US as I believe it's the ball that Furyk and Webb currently play.

Also on the Srixon topic, those looking for a top-end ball should try the Srixon Z-URC. Much better feel than the Z-UR, longer than the Z-URS, it's the perfect balance between the previous 2. I also like Tourstage X balls but the Srixon win me over because their cover is much more resilient. I assume the Z-URC will eventually make it to the US as I believe it's the ball that Furyk and Webb currently play.

It does not look like the Z-URC will ever be available in the United States despite its success on tour. Srixon releases new product in August and January. It def wont be available this August and it the Z-URC is not in the picture for January either.

Tim Clark and Jimenez are playing the Z-URC as well.