EPON 380 Technica

rb2235

Never been a fan of the large headed drivers. The EPON 460 was my first driver of this size but after seeing the pic of the 380 in Chris' trip to EPON I wanted to try it out based on the feel/performance of the 460. I have not had a chance to hit it due to living in WI but here are some pics...included a couple pics to compare the EPON 460 to the 380. It is very deep blue in color and to me is the perfect size at address. Once I get the chance to put in play I will share my thoughts. I am fairly certain it is non-conforming.

Edited by yourpressed

Nice looking driver, yourpressed. If you do well with smaller head sizes try a Tourstage J340. With the right shaft that was such a rewarding driver.

Hi Duke...my family made it up the mountain last week. I was on the course in 70*. Up on the mountain it was 40* and raining. Both my kids got sick I guess because of the altitude and my wife's driving. Thanks alot for all your tips and hopefully we can tee it up my next trip out your way.

Edited by yourpressed

Youpressed,

I hope you like the Epon and get some more nice weather to use it in! If you want to try another smaller looking head, the Beres 911 is 410 cc, but at address, it looks much smaller than most 460 cc clubs, and it has a higher than average center of gravity for drivers today, so you can work the ball a bit and get a more boring trajectory.

Youpressed,

I hope you like the Epon and get some more nice weather to use it in! If you want to try another smaller looking head, the Beres 911 is 410 cc, but at address, it looks much smaller than most 460 cc clubs, and it has a higher than average center of gravity for drivers today, so you can work the ball a bit and get a more boring trajectory.

K2--nice weather would be welcomed. Calling for warmer temps next week so hopefully it will all melt. I will keep my eyes open as drivers are the most enjoyable to test out IMO.

Thanks, Rich

Thanks for the pics yourpressed. I've been comtemplating picking one of these up, just haven't made the move. I'm extremely interested in hearing your results once you get some decent weather.

Nice to see the comparison. What about it makes you think its non-conforming?

B

Edited by Blader-X

Thanks for the pics yourpressed. I've been comtemplating picking one of these up, just haven't made the move. I'm extremely interested in hearing your results once you get some decent weather.

Just a couple questions if I may. The face looks very deep, how does it compare with the 460 depth wise? And two, what makes you think it may be non-comforming? Thanks in advance.

B

Just attached a couple pics to compare vs the EPON 460. As far as it be non-conforming it's just a hunch as it says Super As Roll on the heel. Won't get to play a round for a couple weeks but should be able to take it to my "testing center" (local football field) later this week.

Just attached a couple pics to compare vs the EPON 460. As far as it be non-conforming it's just a hunch as it says Super As Roll on the heel. Won't get to play a round for a couple weeks but should be able to take it to my "testing center" (local football field) later this week.

Thanks, of course I was in such a hurry to post you the question I didn't notice the comparison pics until after I posted. Stupid club ho instincts!!

Anyways thanks again and am anxiously waiting your posts. Hey if the weather doesn't clear you could always ship it out here to SoCal and I'd been more than happy to test it out for you. :atsg_smilie_roll: Suppose to be near 80 degrees today. Beautiful club, man.

Thanks, of course I was in such a hurry to post you the question I didn't notice the comparison pics until after I posted. Stupid club ho instincts!!

Anyways thanks again and am anxiously waiting your posts. Hey if the weather doesn't clear you could always ship it out here to SoCal and I'd been more than happy to test it out for you. :atsg_smilie_roll: Suppose to be near 80 degrees today. Beautiful club, man.

I'd go clear away some snow today but the road into the field is blocked with an 8 ft wall of the white stuff. I was out in your neck of the woods last week. It's pretty nice :atsg_smilie_roll:

I was able to find a place to tee up about 30 balls or so and it is what you would expect from EPON....quality. It has a very solid feel at impact, more so than the 460 but that is to be expected in a smaller head. The loft is 10*. The ballflight is medium and is lower than my 460/Accra combo. Not ideal conditions of course as the balls would just land in the snow and disappear but a very lively club that would roll alot more than my 460.

It has the stock stiff EPON shaft--59g, 4.5 torque, M/H kick. If I keep it I would go with a heavier shaft. Once I get it on the course to compare versus the 460 I will report back. I have a call out to the seller to see if it is conforming.

I was able to find a place to tee up about 30 balls or so and it is what you would expect from EPON....quality. It has a very solid feel at impact, more so than the 460 but that is to be expected in a smaller head. The loft is 10*. The ballflight is medium and is lower than my 460/Accra combo. Not ideal conditions of course as the balls would just land in the snow and disappear but a very lively club that would roll alot more than my 460.

It has the stock stiff EPON shaft--59g, 4.5 torque, M/H kick. If I keep it I would go with a heavier shaft. Once I get it on the course to compare versus the 460 I will report back. I have a call out to the seller to see if it is conforming.

Hey thanks. I was just getting this image in my head of you firing up a snowplow you may have just happened to borrow in order to clear a swath of snow in order to test out the club!! I was thinking it would be hilarious if an older couple came by and happened upon you clearing the snow. At which point they would thank you for doing such a good deed. They would ask you, "do you do this for the neighborhood often?". And you're reply would be, "Not too often, only when I get a new golf club!!."

Sorry I'm just playing, but seriously, thanks for the quick feedback. I can't wait for all you snowbound TSG'ers to be able to get back out there so I can read all your posts.

B

I know it is not an Epon but wouldn't the new Miura Precious wood at 390cc fits the bill? Perfect size for a good player and all the option in the world for shafts.

Hey thanks. I was just getting this image in my head of you firing up a snowplow you may have just happened to borrow in order to clear a swath of snow in order to test out the club!! I was thinking it would be hilarious if an older couple came by and happened upon you clearing the snow. At which point they would thank you for doing such a good deed. They would ask you, "do you do this for the neighborhood often?". And you're reply would be, "Not too often, only when I get a new golf club!!."

Sorry I'm just playing, but seriously, thanks for the quick feedback. I can't wait for all you snowbound TSG'ers to be able to get back out there so I can read all your posts.

B

:atsg_smilie_roll:

You have a vivid imagination there Blader. It's not easy being a lover of golf and equipment living in this area so you do what you can to feed the disease.

I know it is not an Epon but wouldn't the new Miura Precious wood at 390cc fits the bill? Perfect size for a good player and all the option in the world for shafts.

You may be correct but Epon has built quite a reputation on their woods where I have heard very little on the Miura Precious line so far here on TSG.

Edited by yourpressed

Its good to know that this is USGA conforming. I just don't want to put something non-conforming in play. I keep telling myself I'm going to get back to playing competatively again its just I don't have the time I need to do it with all my kids' activities.

Now that is conforming just need to wait for snow to melt up there so yourpressed can get on with the business of putting that club to a serious test. I'm leaning towards replacing the current Epon/AxivV combo with an Epon/Quattrotech combo. That new 3 wood with the Quattrotech is really something. Its got me second guessing the AxivV. Stupid "ho" instints again. At least I'm not buying a thousand wedges.

Oh wait, Chris just posted those new X-wedges. And then the Scratch wedges are calling as well. This could be an expensive year!! :tsg_smiley_heart:

Edited by Blader-X

"Super AS roll" used to be on all the older TS/Bridgestone clubs as well. Just adding my useless bit of info.

Again if your are looking at 400cc, another vote for the TS Xdrive 390 pro or the 405. The 390 feels a lot better but is hard to reshaft with the hosel.

• 2 weeks later...

380cc Epon with the new DREV proto is giving my 460 quite a challenge, I love the 460's feel much better. but im getting more distance out of this 380 head and it stays lower and closer to center than anything else. Very nice club just dont know if i can get over it being that small.