TSG BEST OF 2008 CONTEST!

gocchin

It's time for the TSG Best of 2008 Contest!

We've got a list of items we want you to tell us what you thought was the best of in 2008.

All we need is for you to post in this thread what you thought was the best and a brief reason why.

Everyone who posts will be entered in a random draw to win one of many prizes!

Here are the items you need to tell us your best of 2008:

Best JDM Driver in 2008.

Best JDM Iron of 2008.

Best JDM Wedge of 2008.

Best JDM Shaft of 2008.

Best Course you played on in 2008

Best shot you made in 2008.

Best Pro player in 2008.

That's it. Give us your best for a chance to win!

The contest will end Friday Dec 5th and winners will be announced that weekend.

Prizes include:

1 Epon AF-201 5 Wood 18* w/ Mach Line FW65 R Flex

1 George Spirits GS Wedge 56* with DG S200

5 Como!Come! Democrat Covers

5 Como!Come! Republican Covers

(images are examples only and may not be the exact spec of of prizes offered, we ask that winners kindly pay shipping costs.)

116.jpg

134_002.jpg

045.jpg

042.jpg

Of course I can't win anything but here's my example of how to post:

Best JDM Driver in 2008: Epon EMB

Why: Loud, obnoxious, large and simply very long and straight! Built to your specs with all the best shafts.

Best JDM Iron of 2008: Epon AF-701

Why: Awesome multi piece design forged iron with great feel and amazing performance. A pleasure to hit and as forgiving as anything out there!

Best JDM Wesge of 2008: Yamaha Inpres X Black

Why: Super soft and biting S10C in really nice black finish. Not too big and not too small. Great feel and spin. An all around winner.

Best JDM Shaft of 2008: Graphite Design's Tour AD MD Series

Why: It didn't work so well for me but there is no doubting its success as tour usage in Japan was widespread as well as a choice upgrade by all major OEM's.

Best Course you played on in 2008: King's Bay Golf and Country Club, Seagrave, Ontario, Canada

Why: Nice and cozy 9 hole course nestled along Lake Scugog (wish it were 18 holes), in pristine condition and to top it off my wife loved it and wants to go back! Absolutely beautiful!

Best shot you made in 2008: Chip in birdie on 13 at Bowmanville Golf Club

Why: Over hit the green on par 3 into the backing woods. Chipped through dirt and leaves from 25 yards out. Ball lands rolls hits pin and drops in.

Best professional player in 2008: Arimura Chie

Why: Super cute player finally (haha she's only 20!) came through this year with some great play including her first tour victory on the JLPGA showing she will be a force to be reckoned with... okay so she's my best pro player of 2008 but probably no one elses. (^_^)

Best JDM Driver in 2008. Epon EMB. Still want one.

Best JDM Iron of 2008. TM TP Forged. Offically brought sexy back. Not too much offset and quite forgiving. Workable too!

Best JDM Wedge of 2008. Epon 208KGX The looks alone are killer. Add Endo forging :tsg_smiley_beach: Versatile bounce as well.

Best JDM Shaft of 2008. GD Quattro Tech. Very good dispersion. Looks aren't too distracting either.

Best Course you played on in 2008: Quarry Oaks (Steinbach, MB). It was not a good year golfwise for me :atsg_smilie_roll:

Best shot you made in 2008. Hole out in a tourney qualifier for eagle. Just after I had made a snowman on the previous hole....

Best Pro player in 2008. Padraig for sure. 2 majors. 'nuff said. Stared down the best and won.

Best JDM Driver of 2008: I have always been a Tourstage fan and the new TS 2008 X-Drive 445cc did not disappoint me. A stealthy black head, 9.5 degrees, shafted with a stiff Ozik Xcon 6. This combination launches the ball lower, longer, and with less spin (rolls more.)

Best JDM Irons of 2008: Was playing Gauge Design NC-1 irons and just kind of skeptically decided to try the Fourteen TC-1000 forged irons and...........wow, they are wonderful. They are shafted with softstepped X100 shafts and this leads to low boring shots into the greens. They set-up very square and are extremely soft to hit. Have been tempted to buy a set of the new Epon blades so have these up for sale, but if I do not sell them I won't be disappointed at all.

Best JDM Wedge of 2008: Now this is an easy question to answer....the Geotech Special Grind Forged head of course. So inexpensive yet so solid to hit and the spin is amazing(must be those U-grooves). This club is shafted also with the softstepped X100 wedge shaft and the trajectory is perfect to the pin. How can Geotech produce such good quality clubs for so little money?

Best JDM Shaft of 2008: Two reasons for picking this shaft, the Ozik Xcon 6, as the best. First, the shaft looks great, launches the ball lower with less backspin, and seems to kick right as the club head meets the ball (cool feeling!) Second, I have a workshop at home and a close friend wanted me to put in a new Graphite Design YSQ shaft in his driver, which I did, and for payment he gave me the Ozik Xcon 6!!! Amazing, an Xcon for free!

Best Course I played in 2008: That course would have to be Torrey Pines South in San Diego. I have played this course many times since I live in San Diego, but NEVER play it like it played after the U.S.Open this year. The conditon was perfect with tee boxes that looked like greens. The fairways were mowed to perfection but were just a tadbit narrow, and as for the rough, OMG! I was afraid that if I dropped my club accidentally in the rough I might lose it. The greens, yeah right, might have been easier to putt with a pool cue as the speed was off the charts. BUT, even though it was a looooooooooooong day, I enjoyed every minute of the five and a half hour round.

Best Shot I made in 2008: It happened just a week ago in a senior tournament I was nervously playing. On the 10th hole, which is a long dogleg right par 5, I smoke a drive, lay-up short, and hit my GT wedge to the center of the two-tiered green. And zip, the ball spins back 20 feet off the green and down the hill for a short distance. There goes my birdie.... Not sure how to chip it so I decide on an eight iron to just run it up to the hole since the green is fast and the pin is on the upper tier. Pressure of course, so I skull the chip, it takes off across the green, hits the concrete stairs leading up the hill to the next hole, rebounds off the bottom step onto the green and.........yup, trickles down into the hole...for a birdie. Who was it that said, "I'd rather be lucky than good?"

Best Professional Player in 2008: My vote goes to the new spark plug on the U.S. tour, Mr. Excitement, Anthony Kim. When Tiger went down with an injured knee at the U.S. Open, we needed someone to take up the slack, and I think AK did a heck of a job. He is bold, brash, and just plain fun to watch. How can someone who chokes up hit it so far? He saved the Ryder Cup not only as a player but as a cheerleader, motivator, for the other members of the team. I hope he plays for many years.

These are my best for 2008 and please forgive me for being so wordy.

Doc

Best JDM Driver in 2008 - EPON EMB - although the 08 OnOFF Plus comes pretty darn close IMHO.

Best JDM Iron of 2008 - I switched to Mizuno E500s and have not been disappointed. Stronger lofts add 5 extra yards for me. Pured shots are like butter. Only dislike is not too big of a fan of the NS HT shafts.

Best JDM Wedge of 2008 - Fourteen MT-28 V4.

Best JDM Shaft of 2008 - XCON - 5. By far.

Best Course you played on in 2008 - Riviera Country Club. Lives up to all the hype, although I wasn't a fan of the Kikuyu rough. Definitely a personal top-5.

Best shot you made in 2008 - 35 footer, double breaker on the last hole of my weekly skins game two weeks ago. All presses called and claimed..by me.

Best Pro player in 2008 - tough call between El Tigre and Paddy. I'll go with Paddy.

November 5th ah? I have plenty of time until 2009. :tsg_smiley_beach:

Best JDM Driver 2008: Geotech GT455 Black driver

It's long and straight even for slow swingers plus the price is very very reasonable. Maybe that's why it's one of the best sellers.

Best JDM Irons 2008: Fourteen TC-1000 Forged Irons

One of the best irons i've played in terms of feel and playability. Also, it really looks nice.

Best JDM Wedge 2008:Geotech Special Grind Forged wedge

I've lowered my score using these wedges. So easy to control the ball even in tight lies or rough.

Best JDM Shaft 2008: Nippon NS PRO GH 950

The best shaft i've used since shifting from graphite. I never lost the distance and yet i can control the ball flights much easier.

Best Course i played: Sun Valley Golf Club ,Antipolo, Philippines

Not a very long course but very tricky and hard. But the thing i like about this course is the scenery. It's very relaxing and breathtaking. You seldom see courses carved from a mountain and with waterfalls as backdrop.

Best Shot I Made 2008:Birdie on 13th hole VGC

Made the third shot from green side bunker that rolled slowly to the pin and stopped on the edge for about 4 seconds then it dropped on the hole.

Best Professional Golfer 2008:Padraig Harrington

Won 2 Majors and really a hard working professional.

Here is my choice

Best JDM Driver in 2008: Epon AF-101

Why: Easy to use, Long, and Soft feel.

Best JDM Iron of 2008: Epon AF-701

Why: Easy to use, Nice Design, Butter Soft Feel.

Best JDM Wesge of 2008: Epon 208KGX

Why: Super soft and biting S10C in really nice black finish. Not too big and not too small. Great feel and spin. An all around winner.

Best JDM Shaft of 2008: Axiv X

Why: very long, stable, easy to use and great feedback on hands.

Best Course you played on in 2008: Angel Park, Las Vegas, Nevada

Why: Desert Course gives different feels to the game and its in Vegas!

Best shot you made in 2008: Second shot in Long par 5, hole 17 Graha Family Course

Why: second shot over the lake using 3 wood, the ball fly over the greens which about 240 yards in distance.

Thanks!

Edited by ksiswanto

Why: Straight as it can be. No more pull hook. A bit loud (aluminum bat) but easy to get used to when you hit it that straight. Straighter than my 4+ RC BBD Type H which is scary.

Best JDM Iron of 2008: George Spirits CB

Why: Nicest feeling irons I ever came across. Softer than any of the blades I have used in the past also. Minimum offset with medium size heads.....which you don't see that often. I can control the trajectory easily like the blade. Love it. I would buy this again, and again.

Best JDM Putter of 2008: Gold's factory Answer

Why: From what I have seen and heard from this site. Don't own one yet.

My current gamer is either the Gauge A3SP or the Byron TCB.

I got tons more but none of them are going in. I need to find 'the one'.

May be GF is the one.

Best JDM Wedge of 2008: George Spirits SW

Why: Like a extention of you hand. The head sits so nicely and the head shape is perfect. Easy to control spin.

Best JDM Shaft of 2008: n/a. Haven't tried much this year.

Best Course you played on in 2008: Blue-Monster. Why ? because of the 18th hole.

Best shot you made in 2008: 195yd par 3 at Jacaranda golf course at Plantation FL. Left to right wind. 4i GS-CB, slight draw to hold it against the wind. Landed softly to 1ft. Easy Birdie.

It was the first 4i I hit in more than 5 years.

Best professional player in 2008: Shingo. I don't think he is all that ... but he keeps on winning on the JPGA. Amazing.

Best JDM Driver in 2008: Callaway Legacy

Why: Feel as good as any driver I have picked up in years combined with a nice balance of control and forgiveness.

Best JDM Iron of 2008: PRGR 500BL

Why: One of the best looking irons from PRGR in years, one of the best off the shelf grinds I have ever tried, and an absolute gem to swing when you are on top of your game.

Best JDM Wedge of 2008: Golds Factory wedge with a liquid chrome finish.

Why: I only saw these in passing but the Golds Factory wedge with a liquid chrome finish (like the 2007 Clevelands and X-Tours) may have been some of the best looking wedges I have ever seen. T/Chris, is this finish an option from Golds Factory?

Best JDM Shaft of 2008: Graphite Design Quattro Tech Series (MD and the Green 2007 version)

Why: While the MD didn’t fit my swing, this is a fantastic shaft and as T noted, it has gained quite a following on the JPGA. Combined with the Green 2007 Quattro Tech which work like magic in a fairway, this has to be one of the most solid shaft lines in golf imho.

Best Course you played on in 2008: If my schedule isn’t flipped upside down again I plan to try my luck at Blue Canyon in Phuket, Thailand: solid conditioning for the most part and a killer layout that kept the Johnny Walker Classic field entertained for several years.

Best shot you made in 2008: Chip in birdie on 7th, Galloway in Memphis, TN.

Why: After not playing for months I managed to put together the best round I have had in more than 5 years thanks in no small part to some positive momentum gained from a tricky chip that snaked its way across the green for a nice birdie.

Best professional player in 2008: Ji-Yai Shin

Why: This young lady has made some waves winning the Women’s British Open and giving the field of the Mizuno Classic a preview of things to come, leaving her nearest competitor six strokes behind after a fantastic week in Japan. She just capped off the year with a win at the ADT Championship down in Florida.

Best JDM Driver in 2008.

Epon EMB I'm startin to lose my hearing so the sound doesn't bother me, however it did startle me when I hit it for the first time. Forgiving, long and just fun to play.

Best JDM Iron of 2008.

Epon AF 301's I've enjoyed every shot. They are on their way back to me having just been re shafted with KBS Tours. I love the feel, look and versatility.

Best JDM Wedge of 2008.

Gold's Factory Once you get past the price they are the best overall wedge. They are easy to dial in and they spin the ball better than any other wedge on the Planet.

Best JDM Shaft of 2008.

For the Driver, their were a couple I did not get to try that I wanted to, but

I got along very well with the Roddio. I like the feel and performance and confidence I get with it

Wolf Creek in Mesquite NV., hands down. Challenging. Scenery. Different. Everyone needs to go play this course if the chance comes along.

Cut the corner on the Par 5, #18 at Southgate GC. Had a 170 yard downhill shot in. Flushed a 6

iron and watched it hit the front of the green trickle toward the hole and disappear!!!!

Why????????? My 1st and probably my only Double Eagle/Albatross.

Best Pro player in 2008.

Still, Tiger Woods with Padraig Harrington making a strong bid to change that.

Tiger is still the Man to beat when he is on the Golf Course.

And if you guys would have asked for the best JDM Putter... (drum roll)

Gold's Factory

The Master rules making Custom Putters.

Best JDM Driver in 2008.

Epon AF101: Vector says Fastest ball speed w/the same clubhead speed than all my other drivers. Cosmetically the driver is just gorgeous. Just fantastic workability, and sound at impact when Pured is simply put... "Heavenly". As far as feel goes, if you've hit an epon driver you know its a unique feel off the face you get.... soft yet solid... like a spring catapulting the ball w/a piercing trajectory. For me... no other brand driver has compared to this one.

Best JDM Iron of 2008.

Epon AF 301's. Another vote in for these irons. I purchased them, and played them all last season. Like I previously mentioned in my driver blog, IMO no other brand can compare to the ENDO product. Even though the 301s are not an original design; I understand they are the type Js, to me they look, perform and feel as expected... a standard like no other... which you'll find when you play clubs w/the epon name branded on it.

CB:AF701

Blade: Epon Blades

Best JDM Wedge of 2008.

Epon 208KGX. I placed my review on this wedge in the wedge review forum. I actually bought 3 sets.

Best JDM Shaft of 2008.

Tour AD MD series. I purchased this shaft and have it mated w/my AF101. Godly results. Normally I'm a Rombax person, but results on vector don't lie. MD7 outperformed all my other favs. "SHWIIIIING"

Pali GC:was the Worst Muni on the island. They just placed new greens on old weathered course and what was the local course I grew up playing on now didn't look so shabby... at 6 bucks for twilight... its a cheap mans course. I took for Pali for granted for the past few years..... W/the new greens there, it feels just like ol' times... Nostalgic glimps of past memories that brought me back week in and week out.... Its not a resort... its not famous... but I'm sure you all can relate to/your local Muni.

Koolauu last par 3 before heading to the clubhouse. 203 to the hole middle location. I hit a perfect 5 iron, that landed 3 feet from the hole... Only to have my ball taken from the twosome that we let play through. (our foursome hit our shots and then we let the twosome hit theirs. my partner had to take a drop, as he did of course I waited for him. The other party twosome finished, what we all thought was thier shots and continued to the next hole. Well when I walked to the green I found my ball gone and nothing to finish the hole with we caught up w/the guys on the next tee and sure enough he had my ball =))

Best Pro player in 2008.

Kenny Perry. I loved every min of his golf.

And if you guys would have asked for the best JDM Putter

Custom Golds #2, need say more?

Why: Solid ball flight and very forgiving, keeps me in the short stuff.

Best JDM Iron of 2008: Tourstage 901

Why: Finally a blade with some technology

Best JDM Wedge of 2008: Epon 208KGX

Why: Overall best performing wedge with good spin control around the green, super soft to boot.

Best JDM Shaft of 2008: Mamiya Axiv-V 6066

Why: Smooth and kicks like a mule

Best Course you played on in 2008: The Crosby

Why: Good service, private, manicured, and not crowded

Best shot you made in 2008: PW from 115 for an eagle

Why: Laid up with a Epon hybrid on a par 4 and pured a PW that landed a few feet from the hole and rolled in for an eagle. It was magic.

Best professional player in 2008: Anthony Kim

Why: Upcoming star with lots of game and the most improve player attitude wise.

Best JDM Driver in 2008 – Epon EMB / My love affair with Epon started with the 460 with a Diamana 65-S Whiteboard. A few years later, the Epon EMB is the straightest driver I’ve ever owned.

Best JDM Iron of 2008 – Epon AF-301 / Pure Butter Baby!

Best JDM Wedge of 2008 – Epon AF / See comment on irons.

Best JDM Shaft of 2008 – GD QT Series / Great shaft, not the newest thing around but it definitely performs!

Best Course you played on in 2008 – Dubsdread / Site of most Western Opens, this course is part of Cog Hill in Lemont, IL. Not the hardest course in the world but challenging nonetheless.

Best shot you made in 2008 - / At Dubs, I holed out a sand wedge from 75 yards for eagle. I sent the ball about 15 yards past the hole and it zipped back right into the cup. WIN!

Best Pro player in 2008 – Anthony Kim / AK is one of the most charismatic new players on the tour. He picked up the slack beautifully when Tiger got injured. At first his came off as extremely cocky but seems to be learning the ropes and mellowing.

Droopy

As a Mod I don't believe I'm eligible but that doesn't really matter to me, so here are my thoughts on the topic at hand:

Best JDM driver of 2008: The Epon AF101.

Absolute perfect balance, combined with the most feel and tightest dispersion of any driver out there, along with custom specs what else could you want? Oh, great looks? Yes, the AF101 has that as well!!

Best JDM iron of 2008: Yamaha Inpres XV Tour Model.

If I were ever to go with CB's, these would've been the clubs I would've choose. In fact, had they not been sold out, they most likely would be in my bag now. What about the '09 model you say? Well, another pretty face already caught my eye. However, the 901's will be for next year's topic.

Best JDM wedge of 2008: The George Spirts GS Wedge.

A legend returns to the scene with an outstanding look that just oozes quality.

Best JDM shaft of 2008: The P9003x by Graphite Design.

This shaft combines length, tight dispersion, unmatched feel all in stunning cherry-red package. This shaft is in both my driver and 3 wood and to date I've never seen its equal and to be quite honest don't need to. I really, really love this shaft and have never hit a shot with it that didn't provide great feedback.

Best Course I played in 2008: While I didn't try out very many "new" courses at all, the best for me was The Country Club at Soboba Springs in San Jacinto, CA. The course was in great shape that day and my swing was really working well. Unfortunately I had the worst putting day of the year and really messed up some great ballstriking. We played the course that day from its full length so I got to see it all. Just wished I could've struck the putts better as it could've been very special.

Best Shot I hit in 2008: The driver was the best club in the bag this year by far and I'd have to say the one shot that sticks out was during one of those scramble type tourneys I played in with a few people from work. Played at Tustin Ranch golf course. On the par 5 9th hole, I proceeded to make the purest, smoothest and best stroke of the year off the tee. I hit it on a perfect line 330 yards dead center down the fairway. It wasn't so much the length of the shot but rather the perfection of it. What I mean by that is that is was like an outer body experience.

Best Pro Player in 2008: For me its got to be Tiger Woods.

Without a doubt. I myself have had two ACL surgeries so I'm somewhat familiar with how tough that can be. To do what Tiger did at Torrey with a torn ACL and a stress-fracture is other-worldly. Now Padraig's shot on 17 at Royal Birkdale was the stuff of greatness along with backing it up at the PGA, but Tiger . . . I mean what Tiger did was the stuff of legends. But for Tiger, it was simply just another chapter in the Epic story that he's compiling.

Thanks for reading and to use a line as someone told me once; down the middle my friend.

Best Driver- Epon AF-101. Distance and workability in a very easy to hit club

Best Irons- Well the easiest to hit are the Epon AF-701's. Great Weighting and it gets the ball up and lands soft.

Best course I played on in 2008 is an old favorite here in California called La Purisma. Classic style course with plenty of trouble. Great test of golf and every shot has to be played. It's also never too crowded.

Best shot I hit was in a celebrity golf tournament and Tom Pernice was the pro to beat at a 193 yard par 3. I hit it to 18 feet just over the right side of the pin and got him by 3 feet. My buddies were talking smack before I hit which really mace it sweet when I beat him!

Best pro player in 2008 was Tiger without a doubt. The greatest golf tournament I ever saw and he played 5 rounds on that really bad knee. When he steps on a course he is the one to beat. Padraig had the best year but Tiger was the best player!

Best JDM Driver in 2008.

Miz MP600. The JDM version. Why? Try it with the STOCK Japan shaft. It is as good as most of the $300 and up stuff out there. Imagine not having to reshaft :) It is also works the best at lowering my spin at the 1 setting.

Best JDM Iron of 2008.

TC1000. Fourteen still makes the best balance of performance, feel, and durability. I play a lot of courses where the lies aren't that good. Durability is an issue for me. When my TB1000s have to be retired after 09 this is what I will be buying.

Best JDM Wedge of 2008.

Again Fourteen the Limited wedge set. The black finish is great and fairly durable than most. Having the 48 is a bonus to replace the sometimes "reverse offset" pw found in a few JDM sets.

Best JDM Shaft of 2008.

Aftermarket is still GD. They play a little soft there is more room for experimenting/tipping to find the right amount of "kick" you want. They also feel as less "flimsy" than most JDM shafts especially in the <65 gram range. The "others" in that weight range feel like their going to break on a bad swing.

The redesigned Manila Golf. Shortish course but all shots and clubs are needed, especially the club in between your ears. It now has great character.

5 footer for birdie on the 18th. Not much break and slightly uphill. Seems nothing great, BUT it was to shoot 71/break par for the first time in about 8 years. My distance ain't what it used to be so I have to find other ways to score.

Best Pro player in 2008.

Why is this even a question? Paddy almost had me break out my Wilson Progressives just to celebrate the 2 majors. Harrington and the way he won both times shows how much intestinal fortitude he has.

Best JDM Driver in 2008.

Tourstage 2008 X-Drive GR Black - its black - its jdm - its tourstage

Best JDM Iron of 2008.

Miura 2008 Limited Black MB-5003 Blade Iron - its black (again) - limited edition, miura, its a blade - its JDM - I WANT!!!!!!! (stupid money)

Best JDM Wedge of 2008.

Gold's Factory USA Limited G Wedge Set - wow - so damn pretty - love golds factory and this would be an awesome addition (I know it has USa in the name, but it is jdm)

Best JDM Shaft of 2008.

Nippon NS Pro 950GH Utility Steel Shaft - not what most people would select, but I have one of these in my utility and its so damn good, cheap also - when I get my next tourstage utility will get one of these for it!

Was fortunate enough to play lots of top courses, interned at Trump International in West Palm Beach for 9 months! and was fortunate enough to play it as much as I like, so this would have to be my #1 for the year 9played inverness, sawgrass, Trump national, visited Oakmont, vallhalla) - but Trump International is my pick!

Sadly no holes in one or the like, but I think my best shot was at Trump national, was visiting for one day and was lucky neough ot be given a guided tour for 3 hours before playing! I went to the first and there was a Greenkeeper working by the green, I drove the ball into the fairway bunker, about 215 to go, over a creek, with a person standing about 10 yards away from my target. I pulled out my trusty tourstage u3 and hit it excatly how I wanted, sadly I lost it midair (it was right into the sun) - so I shouted four! and the guy ducks and covers, my ball lands on the green about 3' from the pin I walk up and the greenkeeper is laughing and I knock the putt in.

Best Pro player in 2008.

Harrington, not 'JDM' lol but he is the man at the major-moment (granted he sucked in the Ryder Cup)

Edited by pucci

Come on guys... 2 days left. All you have to do is post to get a chance at some free stuff, who doesn't want free stuff?? (^_~)

Best JDM Driver in 2008:Has to be the Callaway Legacy Driver. Big improvement over the Hyper ERC, easier to hit and looong.

Best JDM Iron of 2008: Never played with them but Mizuno E500s look sweet. stronger lofts mean more yards without telling your friends. If Tourstage doesnt come out with the ViQ Forged soon, I am going with the new Mizuno E600 for next year!

Best JDM Wedge of 2008: Always a fan of the Fourteen 2008 MT-28 V3 Forged Wedge. Can't wait to try the new version for next year.

Best JDM Shaft of 2008: Has to be Graphite Design TourAD Quattro Tech MD6. Kept my ball flight a lot lower and kept the left out of play for me.

Best Course you played on in 2008: Oak Hill in Rochester, NY. As Tiger said, "it is the toughest and fairest golf course I have ever played." That says it all!

Best shot you made in 2008: Played in a Nationwide Pro Am with Greg Chalmers. It was a down hill Par 3 with strong gusty wind against you. Chalmers hit a punch to within 10 feet. I did the same but I was with 3 feet of the hole. Got his attention and put a smile on my face for a while!

Best Pro player in 2008: Even at 50% capacity and one hand tied behind his back, he still is the man to beat in 2008.

Edited by Henry

Best JDM Driver in 2008.

I have changed so many drivers in 2008, Burner Jap spec, Callaway Legacy, Tourstage X Drive and not until i turned to EMB that i found LOVE! It is long and forgiving I love it! What more can i say.

Best JDM Iron of 2008.

This year is the year that i wanted to change to JDM iron, i went hunting for my for the perfect weapon.. I tried miura not in love, not until i tried the Epons that i knew this is the club for me.. I tried all AF-301, AF-501 and AF-701 i think 301s are too small for me (the head size) as i am only a 20 handicapper i am not confident. I love the feeling of 501 but i ended with the 701s due to its stunning looks. Best of all, after getting new set of club 2 weeks later with my 9 iron i got my first HOLE IN ONE.. isn't this the best year with the best JDM iron? I went to sleep with my 9 iron that night! :p

Best JDM Wedge of 2008.

Now this is interesting, after many consultations with Tario, i went on a rampage. I bought, tourstage, Yururi, Nike, Cleveland, fourteen and Epon. I am not buyers on brand but i really fell in love with the KGX208(58*), i was so paranoid went the color faded that i bought another one in satin then another one in black, I thought i was crazy. I think it is so buttery i cannot explain and my first experience of backspin comes from this baby!!!

Best JDM Shaft of 2008.

I tried a couple this year Rombax, Tour AD (MD-5) and Mamiya.. I think the Mamiya paired with AF-101 is simply beautiful. smooth easy and just so right if you know what i mean!

I never played in the US so i can only say that Sentosa (serapong course used for the asian tour) out of the few good courses i played around asia this year which include Taman Dayu in Surabaya, Finna golf in Surabaya and Pantai Indah Kapuk in Jakarta. Its very challenging and the greens were like glass.

I would say my HOLE IN ONE again, what can i say... usually it only happens once in a lifetime. its 119 meters cross water onto an island green. I did not know why i took a 9 when PW is enough. I swing smoothly and i thought great it would land on the green not on the water as it was straight as!! I turned to my friends to talk without looking at where it landed... Finally their looks changed and they were quiet finally 3 of them were jumping up and down... they said arrrgghh arrgghhhh aarrgghhhh words cannot come out!!! What a day!

Best Pro player in 2008.

This year i have to give thumbs up to AK. He always manage to deliver surprises that golf needs. I love his game for the moment! Thumbs Up.

JDM Driver: Going with the EMB this many TSG'ers can't be wrong.

JDM Iron: Goerge Spirits MB's Nippon 1150's, Iomic Grips. What's not to love.

JDM Wedge: Epon KGX Oh so soft and the spin is outstanding.

JDM Shaft: Diamana white board amazing launch with miles of rollout

Best Course: The Rookery in Naples, FL. Was able to play for free because my wife and I had our wedding at the Marriot in Marco Island. Trouble everywhere on the course, watch out for the gators!

Best Shot: After a mis**t drive on a par 4, I stuck a 5 wood from 230yds to about 12ft and made the birdie.

Best Player: I'm going with Paddy 2 majors. 'nuff said.