chiromikey's witb

chiromikey

well i'm finally settled on my bag...until one of you guys throws something on bst that i haven't tried anyways!

the ryoma 9.5* with crazy royal deco la bomba will alternate with a jbeam 435 9.5* on a crazy ly02 (both in stiff) depending if i want a controlled straight/slight fade or a bomber draw with tons of roll that day. the yamaha inpres xv 14* on a stiff diamana ilima has 3w duties...at least until i can try a ryoma f2. the tour issue adams pnt2 16* on a stiff roddio pentacross i8 fills the utility slot. irons are yururi raw flatbacks 4-pw on kbs c-tapers in r+. wedges are yururi raw gekkus in 49* (bent to 50*), 53* (bent to 54*), and 61* all on kbs c-taper 8iron shafts butt cut to length to give me consistent feel and look throughout the set but give a touch more spin for control. everything is gripped by kangaroo gripmasters. putting duty is taken care of by a yamada shogun in burning copper at 33.5".

5fe99521.jpg

e599e37d.jpg

Looks sweet as a Nut, Sir....

I'm hoping to finalise my Bag sometime soon!!

Enjoy ...

D

Nice clean setup. Like the bag.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

you two are partially to blame so don't pretend to be so innocent!!!

Like it....!! Brilliant!!

Very nice M, sweet looking driver especially :)

• 5 months later...

made some changes to my game bag and this is as close to a perfect set-up for me as i have ever been. the only thing i might consider would be some wedges with a little less spin and a slightly less sharp leading edge for traveling in softer conditions.

anyways, driver is now a jbeam 435 9.5* with crazy ly-02 noir in 7.2 at 47". it doesn't feel anywhere near as soft nor is it as deadly straight as the ryoma...but it is more forgiving and longer. my new 3w is the tourstage x-fw type t 12.5* on ngs seve 80t. it's super long (i could easily play without a driver) and by far the easiest i've ever hit off the deck. the 5w is the jbeam 18* bm-ti fw on a gd ad-dj6. it's promoting a slight pull/draw because of a toe up for us short guys but totally managable and easy to hit. the copper yamada shogun is gone. i fiddled with a miura km-350 for a bit but now nothing is getting the epon zen out of my bag for a while.

i've got a lot of stuff to sell before i play around any more so keep an eye on bst. my garage sale may not be as classy as tae's but there will be some worthy items. ;)

8ACE1214-4C98-48A9-866C-07CA7D9EB2F4-2220-000000F55B18CC27.jpg

That is a beautiful bag… Same for the clubs inside of it… Congrats...

Very cool set. Love the Yururi's

gee this is a tough to replace set...

as an alternate wedge set.......... if u want fuller soles. the yamaha NON conforming form 2008-9ish would fit the bill with aplomb!

thanks guys!

stew, as far as wedges, i want to do something special like the tourstage maru's that tae was showing off (black is fine, they don't have to be his one-off satins) or something different like the raw george spirits gt-sw.

Edited by chiromikey

i was going to say those but they are impossible to find.... the yamahas are ..............trust me.............something u shud look at as well.

yururi seida............. if ulike pear shaped like the marus......... sieda are ur anwser!

The S-Yard wedges look similar to the Maru's, at least from the limited pictures I have seen of either...

• 1 month later...

The S-Yard wedges look similar to the Maru's, at least from the limited pictures I have seen of either...

well...after stew said the maru's were impossible to find he must have felt sorry for me and ended up selling me his back-up set. i loved them for about a day and saw the first pics of that damned new s-yard bold wedge. now the maru's are just sitting here unshafted and i can't wait for the bolds to ship!!!

and thanks spoony and nick!!!

hahahahahaahahaha................!

damn looks like were i in the same boat.

ive got some insane wedges to fit in this season.

rediculous...choices

you gotta shaft up the marus and go head to head.

the pear shape of the marus still wins in my book.

these bolds are going to have be one heck of a set to take control.

how do i decide what to play out these.

yamaha non confoirming---monacco ?

tourstage marus-----monacco

DWD toyoshima-------NS 2 s14x

crazy proto--------NS 2f15x

s-yard bold--shimada

looks like ur coming to join me in head ache every week...!

hahahahahahahahaha

lol...well i'm still looking for a pair of stiff monaco 8 iron shafts for the marus but haven't had any luck. my anticipation for the bold wedges is so high that i'm not sure anything will get a fair trial anyways. however, i'm knocking my yururis pretty stiff right now so both sets had better be REALLY good!

We are on the same boat. ALL OF US.

i got my Toyoshimas shafted and barely

had a day with it and the Bold was announced.

i peeped and could not look bag.

i stare at my Toyos like it was a child that dropped

a bottle of my most expensive single malt. :atsg_smilie_punch:

but im learning that having different wedge setups CAN work

in harmony with the rest of my gear

That was the old S-Yard wedges, not the Bold S-Yard wedges...

I have a pair of Toyos and Yam getting built now while awaiting the Bolds to be built and a trio of RomaRos that are in play. Makes me dizzy some days...

i knew you were speaking about the old s-yards and i did check those out per your recommendation. then stew let go a set of marus so i didn't give them a second thought. but those bold wedges...oh my!!

Think it is going to be a race to see who gets their Bolds first and posts a review/pics in the field...