Jbeam 435R review - this shxt is crazy...

luting_chen

Btw, in terms of forgiveness, if the sweet spot for the old 435 is size of a quarter, 435r more like a Canadian dollar size.

I think average golfer would enjoy the 435r much more. It still requires quite a solid hit to really make the fx435 outperform vs other more forgiving heads like epon 152.

It's like right between 435fx and 152. Runs much better than 152 with similar carry, but at slight less forgiveness. But slightly more forgiving than 435 with similar flight (probably 0.5 degree higher I would say).

Xerobound, wanna do a video review on this babe when you have a chance? Very interested to see what you think of it vs other head you've played. :)

• 2 weeks later...

They have not decided if they want to make a Crazy version. The Jbeam Version is very popular though, first batch at Jbeam sold out so quickly and now they are waiting for the next mid to late Nov.

• 5 weeks later...

I hit the 435R shafted with a Crazy proto (can;t remember which model) shaft several weeks back at a demo.

If you did not like the sound and feel of the original 435, stay away from this. Face felt a lot harder and sound was far from the Epon muted sound. Hit it in an indoor range so no idea on ball flight and roll.

I hit the 435R shafted with a Crazy proto (can;t remember which model) shaft several weeks back at a demo.

If you did not like the sound and feel of the original 435, stay away from this. Face felt a lot harder and sound was far from the Epon muted sound. Hit it in an indoor range so no idea on ball flight and roll.

I just got my 435R with CB 46 on it. Yes.... it had high pitch sound and yes.... it was nothing like epon.

But..... this thing is a beast!!!!!!

It was longer than crazy 460, egg 7, romaro 460, and even ryoma premia and ST.

I guess everyone is different but for me..... I believe this one will be in my bag for a long time.

I just got my 435R with CB 46 on it. Yes.... it had high pitch sound and yes.... it was nothing like epon.

I guess everyone is different but for me..... I believe this one will be in my bag for a long time.

i'm not a fan of the feel or sound of the original 435 (except when i'm swinging for the fence) but it's performance won me over. can the new r version really be any longer??

Now that the 435R has started shipping a few customers have given me feedback via email including Tae above... all of them said its the best Crazy/Jbeam driver yet. I can't wait to try it myself!

I've heard those words before. Remember I am first in line when it hits your next garage sale!!!

arghhhhh...... dont say that.... I just sold my 435.....

damn! i was really hoping for a head-to-head (pun intended!) comparison. the original 435 is the longest driver i've played and i know companies always promote their latest and greatest but i honestly can't imagine upping performance from the original.

I just received my 435R and put a CB-46 shaft in it I was hitting it under a roof on the driving range and the man next to me was complaining about the noise and he move to another hitting bay.

It feels harder then my Romaro 460 but the flight is very promising low and long.

Does somebody knows how the weight setup of the screws in the bottom are?

Edited by dodo

I just received my 435R and put a CB-46 shaft in it I was hitting it under a roof on the driving range and the man next to me was complaining about the noise and he move to another hitting bay.

It feels harder then my Romaro 460 but the flight is very promising low and long.

Does somebody knows how the weight setup of the screws in the bottom are?

Yup... this thing is loud. I'm reading on some Japanese blogs as well that this is perhaps for the harder faster golfer.

Ball flight definitely lower with better dispersion. But after getting so used to the tj46, swinging the tj80 8.2 makes it feel quite tiring lol. My 7i is about 90-91...but I feel like I need that extra 5mph to handle the 8.2. I would say 7.7 makes it a perfect combo...

I had a friend of mine who swings at 118-120 driver ss, the combo is definitely a killer. Super penetrating ballflight vs tj46. Ball goes out face extremely hot with penetrating flight and super heavy (if u know what Im trying to say, like wind seems not much of a factor...)

Anyone interested for a trade? a Just installed with one range session.

Cool. Def. what I was expecting to hear! Man an 8.2 is a beast of a shaft. I need to hit the gym hard to use play that! lol

• 5 weeks later...

Just shafted mine with a Crazy Prototype 531. Off to the range in wet and windy conditions.

In short;

Distance: excellent, as long as anything out there.

Forgiveness: better than expected, in fact very good.

Feel: Like hitting the ball with a spade, not pleasant. The other side of the scale to Epon.

Sound: Loud, but not unbearable.

Not sure how the feel will alter with proper balls, hopefully a lot better.

Impressive but the feel is a major let down.

Just shafted mine with a Crazy Prototype 531. Off to the range in wet and windy conditions.

In short;

Feel: Like hitting the ball with a spade, not pleasant. The other side of the scale to Epon.

After hitting Dales jBEAM HG in August, I can understand how it must feel. Are all Crazy/jBEAM driver heads very harsh on feel? I can only think that to get better feel from your set up you'll have to up your swing speed, or swap the shaft for a Royal Deco in X flex.

Edited by Ian-500

In short;

All sounds like Tin Cup?

You tried the Rake?

I had the same idea the first time on the driving range but with a softer real ball in the course it feels explosive and when you hit the sweet spot spot it is nothing I ever felt before not soft not harsh just perfect. (I have had a Epon AF 101 Ryoma V-spec and Romaro 460HX)

I just ordered a second one with the Boron shaft.

Edited by dodo

• 1 year later...

Saw a jbeam 435-IIr ( white head ) in a crazy TJ80 for sale. USD 800 for the combo. Just doing some research on the head when i came across this thread, the shafts i am ver familiar with. These head + combo is couple of yrs old, just wondering how it compares to current set ups. I am currently gaming a maxima / diamana X - forgiving but not the longest.

Thks