Byron 612 Matte Blue

wmclarenf1

the FF shaft doesnt make it feel heavier at all.

the ns does a bit but not much ud notice

tip weights.. in the shaft does a very good job.

thats how a few lighter head ii have get up to weight specs i like

Byron is a very nice guy and makes a great putter.

Nice one F1!

I guess you're right with your impression with Byron Co. - I ordered a custom GSS DH89 early this year and was promised 2-4 weeks ETA, but 4 months later I've been told it was still on the making. I cancelled the order because of so many broken promises.

Would like to try a byron putter, love the colours on this one.

Maybe a light weight grip could help, I do this to drivers occasionally to increase the swing weight-balance point head weight.

Finally managed to get 18 holes in and decided to take out the Byron as I was playing the club that is nice but not fantastic. That would describe the greens as well.

The roll is very nice and true and holds the line very well. Most of my misses were past the hole which is how I want my misses and left myself with an easy come back. Had 6 one putts and a birdie today (good to open the birdie account on the first round) and finished off with 32 putts for the round. Good for its first round.

Not the best of finishing but peformance wise, the Bryon with its light tuna mill is up there.

• 2 weeks later...

Surely Byron us one of the best putter maker, my DH89 is one of my favorite putter ever somehow the problem I find out about Byron is that he never be able to complete his putter with the exact detail and stamp I told him my first channel island were missing 3 stamps from what I've order and my DH89 has wrong paint fill color. However the result in feeling and putting is definitely outstanding.

Most oil finishes are extremely delicate and require a lot of maintenance. I'm not a Byron user but I wouldn't allow that to put you and others off on the putters.

If you want a maint free finish, then go stainless or some kind of plating. Oil and oxide finishes are not the way to go.

I hear you but for the blue hue to go after after just 6 weeks is bad. It rolls well don't get me wrong but when I buy a blue hue putter, it's not too much to expect it to stay blue. My machine is carbon steel in some kinda gun metal finish. No issues there at all.

In any case, last byron for me. I wanted to get one to see what all the hype is about and now for me, it's way over hype.

• 1 month later...

Just took out the Byron to putt on the indoor mat… I must say, despite the pathetic Blue Oil finish which really should not be offered any more if it last for less than 3 months, the 612 putts very very well. I've ordered a Blue Iomic Absolute X for this to match the Blue hue and I wonder why cause the blue hue ain;t there no more LOL (still pissed with that actually).. Regardless, again, a putter that rolls very well.