Please help me choose a Tourstage iron set

ethan

I am trying to decide between the Z101's, TS 201's, X Blade CB's, or an old set of Mizuno MP-14's. If any one could please give me their opinion i would appreciate it. Also, how do you guys think the Srixon I302's match up against the Tourstage models?[/b]

I am trying to decide between the Z101's, TS 201's, X Blade CB's, or an old set of Mizuno MP-14's. If any one could please give me their opinion i would appreciate it. Also, how do you guys think the Srixon I302's match up against the Tourstage models?[/b]

You have two sets that are very similar in purpose. That's the TS201's and the X CB's. The Z's are also very similar but touted as more of a players CB. The TS201, TS202's and XCB's are connected through lineage of a line really. Each one replace the other. I think the XCB's would be the way to go with this because they are the newest.

The Z's are being discontinued. In fact, they are very difficult to find right now and are becoming classics. Go with the latest and the greatest and that is the X CB's, IMHO.

You have two sets that are very similar in purpose. That's the TS201's and the X CB's. The Z's are also very similar but touted as more of a players CB. The TS201, TS202's and XCB's are connected through lineage of a line really. Each one replace the other. I think the XCB's would be the way to go with this because they are the newest.

The Z's are being discontinued. In fact, they are very difficult to find right now and are becoming classics. Go with the latest and the greatest and that is the X CB's, IMHO.

Keep in mind the X CBs will be about double the price of the others. FAQ, how do you compare the 201s and 202s? I've read that the 201s don't feel quite as good.

Actually the TS201 & XCB follows X5000 lineage. The MX20 would probably be more like these than anything, except Mizuno feel like Mizuno and Tourstage feels like Tourstage. I definitely give the nod to Tourstage in terms of feel...your experience with their playability will differ from my because we swing differently but I found the Tourstage more forgiving as well--Imagine that!!!

The TS202, game enhancements irons, are of the MR23 line in terms of looks, shape and feel. Even some of the better players around here and elsewhere find the TS202s among the best irons available. It's just a matter of your preference to play slightly larger irons with more offset vs. player type CBs like z101 or MR23s. If we all followed the advise of the wise who suggests that uless you are a very good, consistent ball striker then game enhancement clubs like the TS202 are the way to go.

DD, where do the 201s fit in? They seem like a good compromise between the 202s and 23s. You have any experience with 'em? Thank's.

I guess they can be classified as a additions to the design line--the progressive, sharpe angle cavity with tungsten insert design--but I wouldn't go so far as to say they are a "compromise" between the two. The z101 are really small in comparison to the TS202. I actually think they even appear smaller than the MR23s. They certainly have less offset and bounce that the 23s. No, I think we should say that the z101 stand on their own.

DD, where do the 201s fit in? They seem like a good compromise between the 202s and 23s. You have any experience with 'em? Thank's.

I guess they can be classified as a additions to the design line--the progressive, sharpe angle cavity with tungsten insert design--but I wouldn't go so far as to say they are a "compromise" between the two. The z101 are really small in comparison to the TS202. I actually think they even appear smaller than the MR23s. They certainly have less offset and bounce that the 23s. No, I think we should say that the z101 stand on their own.

I actually read your question wrong...the 201s would fit right in between the MR23/z101 and TS202 in terms of offset, size, and playability/forgiveness intent. They are not as sweet feeling, nor quite as forgiving as the TS202s...nor do they match the accuracy of the 23s or 101s. They're actually kind of Class-B. Not because of the forging process or metal used but more because of the cavity design. I think I like the MX20s better.

Keep in mind the X CBs will be about double the price of the others. FAQ, how do you compare the 201s and 202s? I've read that the 201s don't feel quite as good.

Drivers info is very good. I've never hit the 201's. 202's are the way to go if you want ultimate forgiveness. the XCB's are expensive, but I think they are worth it and easy to hit. Just not as easy as the 202's.

Drivers info is very good. I've never hit the 201's. 202's are the way to go if you want ultimate forgiveness. the XCB's are expensive, but I think they are worth it and easy to hit. Just not as easy as the 202's.

The ulitmate iron set would be: 3-5 - TS202, 6-8 MR23 US Spec, and 7-PW MR23 US Blade. Second choice would be 3-5 TS202 & 6-PW z101. Third choice: 3-5 XCB & 6-PW X-Blade.

The ulitmate iron set would be: 3-5 - TS202, 6-8 MR23 US Spec, and 7-PW MR23 US Blade. Second choice would be 3-5 TS202 & 6-PW z101. Third choice: 3-5 XCB & 6-PW X-Blade.

Man Dwayne, I love when you talk like that... :lol:

Thank's for the replys. Too bad the 201s don't have the feel of the 202s. They are a great size and I like the amount of offset. btw. DD, are the Miz. MX-20s pretty much the same as the new 23s? How much offset do the 20s have?

I haven't had a chance to hit the x23s yet.