PRGR and Ryoma D-1 FW woods

PP735

I would like to know if anyone has some on-course experience with a PRGR Egg 21* with the Fubuki 65 stiff shaft, or any other, as well as Ryoma D-1 F9? I am looking to add these to clubs to my bag but would like some feedback.

I have a 2013 Egg Spoon in 15* but the Crazy FW-80 shaft in it doesnt agree with me. I love the head though and would like to get it in 21*. If the F9 can perform like the driver reviews I have read, then I see a lot more chances at eagles for me!

I have the Egg HD (14.5) with Kaili 80 and the Ryoma F3 with Fubuki Alpha. I am a bit undecided. I really wanted to like the F3, but I'm just not really feeling it at the moment (I have the D1 as well which a good club, although does sometimes get kicked out of the bag by a Yammie v202). I hit the f3 a bit inconsistently both high and low (I think it is related to the height of the tee not helping the strike given the head size). The Egg seems a bit closed (although it is supposed to be neutral). For me the flight is a bit lower and stronger that the F3 with it also going a bit further (with the naked eye). I am going to keep trying them to see if I can get either dialled in.

What I really want is JDM version of my Titty 906F2 with V2 (and the swing to get to going straight!!!!)

I love the flight and run I get from the 15* Egg but the Crazy 6.9 shaft is to weak for me, a 7.2 or 7.4 would be perfect. The lower ball flight and runout helps here in South Texas when the wind kicks up and on the hard turf we have. I just picked up a Syard XV 15* which I finally got to hit and I love. Will be selling the Egg as soon as I can take some pictures.

If that 21* Egg can give me the same ball flight and run that would be great. For now I am using a 23* Ping Anser with TFC 800 stiff shaft and it is ok. really want to try Ryoma and thought why not the F9?

I have the 1st gen Egg in a 9w 22*. Shafted with a Blueboard 83x and it's very good. I had the 2nd gen in 17* with a Crazy FW80 7.4 and didn't get on with it. The older model though is great. Mid to high flight and lands soft. Might look for a 13* in the old model too, just for fun

It does have an unusual 'thwock' sound to it though.

Edited by Ian-500

Thanks for all the input. I may just drop the 21* club all together and add another wedge. When I find myself inbetween distances, I can choke down on my 5 wood. The F9 looks like the one I will go with, know for a shaft!?!?! I really like Fujikura but have recently fallen in love with Graphite Design, love the YS 7+ and the Tour AD in the SYard T388.