blade choices of recent times ............

supo

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Works of Art or a mess?

I kind of like it.. is this available?? love the circle T stamping. maybe not the rim

Wow, so Chris, Roddio has had prior efforts grabbing heads from others and these are the new Miura forged blades?

Yes a few years back they made a CB by zodia & miura that quickly sold.

I think this Miura version is based on the shape of the Type D & F Y-Grinds just released recently.

personally like the Zodia version more for aesthetics, but would love to know if anyone who has hit either could comment on differences between feel/distance/playability

So, I have to say and ask. The best feeling blades I have ever hit were the Miura small blades. Just the best feeling I could ever imagine in a club. Hitting beyond that small sweet spot was another story (including overall distance) but the feel was second-to-none. Anyone game the small blades right now (especially the Miuraism ones?)

So, I have to say and ask. The best feeling blades I have ever hit were the Miura small blades. Just the best feeling I could ever imagine in a club. Hitting beyond that small sweet spot was another story (including overall distance) but the feel was second-to-none. Anyone game the small blades right now (especially the Miuraism ones?)

Do u consider this a blade model the Miuraism SC-01? ...... the feeling is super ..... if u can hit the small sweet spot

I would, not much forgiving cavity on the back there :)

But i believe its still much more forgiving than a traditional blade. :)

Absolutely :) Have you hit the SB-01 or 02? Difference in feel with the SC-01?

Nah, never got a chance to hit those, would love to try if there is a chance.... but it will be even more stress to hit such a small head.... :P

oooooooook. some pretty darn good blade play on sat.

some reworking, experiemnts , set in stones to think about .

always do 6 and 7 irons to test.

masda/ TT monacco(x-soft stepped).....6

a-grind/NS 2g18(modus 130sx)

honma tw 717/DGs200

srixon 945/NS STx

where to start on these.

masda monacco X soft stpeed--- 6 iron (5 iron shaft)

heavy. ultra straight, piercing, dense.

these had c-taper x in them originally and these were THE WORST SET OF CLUBS ID EVER PLAYED.......... so much so that a known c-taper lover was almost forced into rehab by them!

As ive already got a set of ultra light NS and a set of modus 120x in t he other sets i wanted to go a diff route the TT monnaco proved its worth beautifully.. superb set of sticks for a strong striker

i Decided to softstep the X bec in reality the X is a pretty big ask, its fine for me for " a match" but the way i play golf , ( multiple balls per hole) , this wud be pulling my rotator cuff off the bone by 14! by soft stepping them it just made them ever so more friendly . not much but enough to enjoy the strike and watch the flight pierce the wind. very nice look, feel is way more than just acceptable.

This is a build to play on a flat course with minimal UPHILL shots, cant get the ball airborn enough, but on a flat track, these wud be absolutely superb.. my home track in sydney LEAPS of the page at me here.

the densness of the MASDA head and the tighter shaft make for a extremely reliable ultra tight build.

they feel better than with the modus 120x. but a lot heavier, they ahve a similar flight but more rounded feel.

id not recomend these to chaps that dont have a very solid impact at higher swing speeds.

but ifu do have this m,these are DEFINALTY on the page.

A-grind r1 --modus 130xsoft stepped ...(7 iron)

tiny, thin, hard,workable.

had to put the same shafts i had i the srixon last week in these, and the differnce was outrageous!

with the srixons i cudnt get the ball anywhere , they were short low and SHIIIIIT didnt realise how much till i swappe3d them around

in these... the story is totally differnt.

very very stiff still. heavier but not as much as hte monacoos, launched HIGH. and sat dead still on laanding,

impact was still very taught, they are not a soft guuuuuuush head what so ever, i cudnt tell the differnce between these and the original heads (non r1) .... not 1 iota. if u dont like hitting butter blades these will appeal id thi. they reminded my of a KYOEI head/feel. but a bit thinner. At address these might be as close to the smallest heads ive seen. tiny thin razor blades. virtually no offset. tiny muscle def not for the faint of heart. and totaly unforgiving

I was hititng my high fade over water to the par 3 164 ayrds with this to a tiny thing long green and it was just music to my hands. the ultimate responder. immedialty ihit the ball i knew exaclty where id hit on the club face it and what to expect. i loved its play and cud /wud play them most days , but they are very thin very small and very comapct for the longer thicker grass we get coming up soon.

i think im better suited to a cpl of others here.

Back home however cud be another story entirely . i think these wud be superb on buffalo grass..

Theres absolutely nothing special about these what so ever. they look good ,they play good, they are good but

they are not in my top echelon. for "another set of blades, to play " id take them all day ever yday but they wud be behind several others.

they didnt jump off the page at me like the next set did..........!

HONMA tw 717--dgs200

SUPER clean/soft/ dense. tiny, rounded,thin, muscular

ohhhhhhhhhh do i dislike hitting DG shaft , let me count the ways!

however..................... i do say when u DO get the middle they play as good as anything, when u dont tho esp, in blades u KNOW ABOUT IT!

luckily for me, i only knew about it on 4 , 4 irons chunks, with these.., then the one 4 iron idid gusssh, was just sublime.

oh yea , are these things are page jumpers!!!!

purposely resisted putting a set of NS in them bec i really wanted to see what all the fuss about honma is about, anad had htey in fact upped thier game with stock build u cant but get that anythiing but the real sensation.

well i gotta say, they are onto something. with these .

the PW is the best PW ive hit, its perfeect. so much so, im gong to try and grab a few "spares"

cud make that thing sing and dance like nothing before.

they look great, even with slightly too much over done lettering and they feel unreal!!!!!

the muscle is just lovely. u can make them do anything u want. thye are playable for japan conds.

i can not praice these highy enough.

i wil be gettign a second set. for home.

these are . what every blade lover shud love.

cant rate them highy enough

Srixon 945/NS stx

light,HIGH,soft, tight, workable

what a differnce a shaft makes to a set of irons, from the unhittable 130s to the "perfect" stx. in a week

So, theres one hole i play , its dead flat, its super long par 4 and u hit into the wind on every shot ,it doesnt seem to matter where the wind is coming form,, it seems ur ALWAYS into the wind . its the perfect hole. and the shot u need to get to the pin is a strong drawn 6 iron.

needless to say every week , ihit PLENTY...... of 6 irons to this green.

i can not get a better hole t o see my builds its absolutely pefect.

if u slightly cut one ,u miss right o nthe bail out section, right and need to flp, result bogies 100% of the ime .

if u pull it ur dead left. if u gusssh one tho.....ur putting for bird! bascially a par wins this hole every week, its a par 5 to be truth full but for a magnifnect iron shot.!

so the srixon 6 iron was light it was ultra high , it was drawn and it was LONG and it ended up 6 feet form the pin. best singl shot ive ever palyee to this green. so i hit another, 10 feet from the pin. 2nd best shot ive ever hit... ok these have my FULL attention now!!!

conclusuion..., about the easiest set of blades i think ive ever hit.

only detractor ( if there is one) is the fact that VS other micro blades, these dont give u a high senstion of precision. even tho the reuslt does, its a strange dichotomy. they are most asureadly for forgivness and ease. but they are also scoring machines.

its a strange sensation, but u want know thisunles uahve 4 othe blaes in your bag that day.

wo its moot for al but the most hoiest among us..

Lets put it like this , as a set of " if i can only have 1 set of irons"

and i like baldes i wudnt even consider loking at any hting else

feel is superb ,its soft ,, look is spot on, just enough offset to offer comfort but not that much theat it makes me go ..gorrrrrdamn...!

srixon has absolutely donged it with this , i have No idea how they follow up, save to say thet go a more players version next year which wud be ohhhh my gawwwwwwwwwwdd ,

the v-sole grind i like a lot i, dont tend to dig as much with these , i get them abit cleaner it seems. but in my mind eye these are no where near as precise as the masdas, the honmas nor the a-grinds.

these are a balde unto themselves. they are playbale from , and excell on every surface condition,

in going to say these are the best irons this year ive hit ALL ROUND.

but i still prefer to play the other smaller blades.

so far , it wub be the srixon and honma that wont be leaving the crib

now just wait til i get a set of NS in those HONMAS!!!

they 'permanantly" live in sydney.

game them at NSW, lakes, everytime without fail.

perfect irons for those tracks.

just trying to get something clsoe ,but slighty differnt.

mons and masdas match .

might be worth even going the stiffs in them, but for the fact u have to cut the shafts too much renderes the musless in every other st!!!!

Lol, that original Masda/C-Taper build that you had was gawd awful...and I know for a fact it almost sent more than one C-Taper guy into rehab! But with the Modus Protos, they were unreal!

I've been eyeing the Honma 717s for a while so I'm glad to hear they play as good as they look. I'm looking forward to hearing more about them.

the honmas are a real deal blade.

any classic player of blades shud prob love these.

the masdas are a slightly differnt kettle of fish but the feel is over all better, prob IMO bec they are slightly fuller thru the top even with the harsher shafts. they are still my no 1 blade. make no bones about it

need more time with this a-grind to see if ill get the set.

think the cavity is a more relasitci option for me at this juncture.

Srixon Pro 100's have always been a fav of mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ah yes the pro 100s , the honmas are not that dissimilar to them in shape, more rounded egg shape they straight , angular.

the new srixon 945 are nothing like the pro 100s what so ever.

now.......... if prgr makes a blade!!!!

Still have my set of Srixon Pro100.... one of the best blades around !

oooooooook. some pretty darn good blade play on sat.

some reworking, experiemnts , set in stones to think about .

always do 6 and 7 irons to test.

masda/ TT monacco(x-soft stepped).....6

a-grind/NS 2g18(modus 130sx)

honma tw 717/DGs200

srixon 945/NS STx

where to start on these.

masda monacco X soft stpeed--- 6 iron (5 iron shaft)

heavy. ultra straight, piercing, dense.

these had c-taper x in them originally and these were THE WORST SET OF CLUBS ID EVER PLAYED.......... so much so that a known c-taper lover was almost forced into rehab by them!

As ive already got a set of ultra light NS and a set of modus 120x in t he other sets i wanted to go a diff route the TT monnaco proved its worth beautifully.. superb set of sticks for a strong striker

i Decided to softstep the X bec in reality the X is a pretty big ask, its fine for me for " a match" but the way i play golf , ( multiple balls per hole) , this wud be pulling my rotator cuff off the bone by 14! by soft stepping them it just made them ever so more friendly . not much but enough to enjoy the strike and watch the flight pierce the wind. very nice look, feel is way more than just acceptable.

This is a build to play on a flat course with minimal UPHILL shots, cant get the ball airborn enough, but on a flat track, these wud be absolutely superb.. my home track in sydney LEAPS of the page at me here.

the densness of the MASDA head and the tighter shaft make for a extremely reliable ultra tight build.

they feel better than with the modus 120x. but a lot heavier, they ahve a similar flight but more rounded feel.

id not recomend these to chaps that dont have a very solid impact at higher swing speeds.

but ifu do have this m,these are DEFINALTY on the page.

A-grind r1 --modus 130xsoft stepped ...(7 iron)

tiny, thin, hard,workable.

had to put the same shafts i had i the srixon last week in these, and the differnce was outrageous!

with the srixons i cudnt get the ball anywhere , they were short low and SHIIIIIT didnt realise how much till i swappe3d them around

in these... the story is totally differnt.

very very stiff still. heavier but not as much as hte monacoos, launched HIGH. and sat dead still on laanding,

impact was still very taught, they are not a soft guuuuuuush head what so ever, i cudnt tell the differnce between these and the original heads (non r1) .... not 1 iota. if u dont like hitting butter blades these will appeal id thi. they reminded my of a KYOEI head/feel. but a bit thinner. At address these might be as close to the smallest heads ive seen. tiny thin razor blades. virtually no offset. tiny muscle def not for the faint of heart. and totaly unforgiving

I was hititng my high fade over water to the par 3 164 ayrds with this to a tiny thing long green and it was just music to my hands. the ultimate responder. immedialty ihit the ball i knew exaclty where id hit on the club face it and what to expect. i loved its play and cud /wud play them most days , but they are very thin very small and very comapct for the longer thicker grass we get coming up soon.

i think im better suited to a cpl of others here.

Back home however cud be another story entirely . i think these wud be superb on buffalo grass..

Theres absolutely nothing special about these what so ever. they look good ,they play good, they are good but

they are not in my top echelon. for "another set of blades, to play " id take them all day ever yday but they wud be behind several others.

they didnt jump off the page at me like the next set did..........!

HONMA tw 717--dgs200

SUPER clean/soft/ dense. tiny, rounded,thin, muscular

ohhhhhhhhhh do i dislike hitting DG shaft , let me count the ways!

however..................... i do say when u DO get the middle they play as good as anything, when u dont tho esp, in blades u KNOW ABOUT IT!

luckily for me, i only knew about it on 4 , 4 irons chunks, with these.., then the one 4 iron idid gusssh, was just sublime.

oh yea , are these things are page jumpers!!!!

purposely resisted putting a set of NS in them bec i really wanted to see what all the fuss about honma is about, anad had htey in fact upped thier game with stock build u cant but get that anythiing but the real sensation.

well i gotta say, they are onto something. with these .

the PW is the best PW ive hit, its perfeect. so much so, im gong to try and grab a few "spares"

cud make that thing sing and dance like nothing before.

they look great, even with slightly too much over done lettering and they feel unreal!!!!!

the muscle is just lovely. u can make them do anything u want. thye are playable for japan conds.

i can not praice these highy enough.

i wil be gettign a second set. for home.

these are . what every blade lover shud love.

cant rate them highy enough

Srixon 945/NS stx

light,HIGH,soft, tight, workable

what a differnce a shaft makes to a set of irons, from the unhittable 130s to the "perfect" stx. in a week

So, theres one hole i play , its dead flat, its super long par 4 and u hit into the wind on every shot ,it doesnt seem to matter where the wind is coming form,, it seems ur ALWAYS into the wind . its the perfect hole. and the shot u need to get to the pin is a strong drawn 6 iron.

needless to say every week , ihit PLENTY...... of 6 irons to this green.

i can not get a better hole t o see my builds its absolutely pefect.

if u slightly cut one ,u miss right o nthe bail out section, right and need to flp, result bogies 100% of the ime .

if u pull it ur dead left. if u gusssh one tho.....ur putting for bird! bascially a par wins this hole every week, its a par 5 to be truth full but for a magnifnect iron shot.!

so the srixon 6 iron was light it was ultra high , it was drawn and it was LONG and it ended up 6 feet form the pin. best singl shot ive ever palyee to this green. so i hit another, 10 feet from the pin. 2nd best shot ive ever hit... ok these have my FULL attention now!!!

conclusuion..., about the easiest set of blades i think ive ever hit.

only detractor ( if there is one) is the fact that VS other micro blades, these dont give u a high senstion of precision. even tho the reuslt does, its a strange dichotomy. they are most asureadly for forgivness and ease. but they are also scoring machines.

its a strange sensation, but u want know thisunles uahve 4 othe blaes in your bag that day.

wo its moot for al but the most hoiest among us..

Lets put it like this , as a set of " if i can only have 1 set of irons"

and i like baldes i wudnt even consider loking at any hting else

feel is superb ,its soft ,, look is spot on, just enough offset to offer comfort but not that much theat it makes me go ..gorrrrrdamn...!

srixon has absolutely donged it with this , i have No idea how they follow up, save to say thet go a more players version next year which wud be ohhhh my gawwwwwwwwwwdd ,

the v-sole grind i like a lot i, dont tend to dig as much with these , i get them abit cleaner it seems. but in my mind eye these are no where near as precise as the masdas, the honmas nor the a-grinds.

these are a balde unto themselves. they are playbale from , and excell on every surface condition,

in going to say these are the best irons this year ive hit ALL ROUND.

but i still prefer to play the other smaller blades.

so far , it wub be the srixon and honma that wont be leaving the crib

now just wait til i get a set of NS in those HONMAS!!!

WOW! now that's a review! A+++++++++

I will also give the 945's best blades of the year !

as much as theDGs200 are ok in the honmas, my hoability dictates that a set of NS must be played in them

NS125 s are the chosen ones.

oooooooh i cant wait for those...,