fujikura MCI iron shafts

supo

I am thinking about them for some Macgregor blades....

I have them in some tourstage heads. Fantastic shafts. Among the best.

good ok, bec i got to hit one on saturday for the first time

the 110s.

i liked it, ( i think) i might need to hard step it,

how do u find it vs steel?

i got a much high flight but it was pretty tight considering it was vs a cpl ox X shafts, it was stiffer than i was expecting.

totally diff feel to the aerotechs.

not sure what i liked better

How was it diff feel from steelfibers?

flex wasnt the same so it was softer but smoother, reminded me a bit of the diamana thumps. but without the spin.

same kind of flight. the aerotechs are heavier and meatier. much morework needded, the MCI were pretty easy to hit, ddint have to man up to get them going, was a nice feel for a change but a little soft.i def prefer just a bit harder.

weigth was nice tho.

nice easy lift and didnt have to monster the ball to get it airborn.

only had it in the 6 iron.

i think ill get the set done hardstepped stiffs

Stew

I have had several sets with these shafts. The latest was the P2's

Great shafts much better then the Aerotech shafts

Very Very smooth feel and transition.

With soft heads you really get a good feel at impact and they are easy on the joints when you miss hit

I have a 120S in an Epon DI which works great. Nice ball flight.

The P2's have the 120 Stiffs in them as well and it is an almost perfect fit.

Comparison with the Aerotechs is dead on. MCI's are softer, longer, and more accurate. Way better for a feel kind of player. I use nothing else these days. I just put them in a set of OnOff 247 copper heads that I got from a fellow TSG'er down under, and the results are the softest irons I've ever played. I also holed out from 130 for a birdie on a hole on my home course that I normally have trouble parring...

I've now used the MCI's on Miuras, Yamahas, and OnOff. Superb on all.

Edited by RLL33

Their problem is that someone at Fujikura thought it was a good idea to only make these in .370 tips. Yes, I know you can shave them down but it's definitely a deterrent for many people.

Edited by chiromikey

I might be wrong, but I thought I heard somewhere along the way that you could order them in either size.

You can order them .355 but it looks like they tweak parallel rather than make 'em tapered from scratch.

You can order them .355 but it looks like they tweak parallel rather than make 'em tapered from scratch.

This is my understanding as well. They take parallel tips and [gently] grind them down on the wheel to taper tip size. So, if this is true, and you order them in .355, I suppose they arrive on your doorstep already somewhat tip prepped.

...... thanks fellas.

they are going into my last set of prgr idbls, the 6 irons was so easy to hit jsut lock loads fire.

so nice for a change but ill go hard stepped stiffs i think, just give me a bit of extra room . idid notice that the disperison of the modus 125x and steelfibers 110x was noticebaly tighter. but they both took equal more energy to get the same distance. i think these are a bit easier all round.

one morequestion... what heads do u guys suggest is the best match ?

bec i can easily swap the shafts outta my blades into the idbls, bec the steel X in those REALLY does work.

i was thiking on maybe swapping the A- grinds out even tho t hat combo is 100% spot on, it might make them a little "friendlier"

or

putting the MCi into the masdas??

I got lucky and got a rare tour only colorway (blue and orange - not sure if the performance is any different) and I play them in Tourstage 709MC's from last year and I absolutely love them. I find them extremely effortless. Meaning they just make the ball go and go. Extremely long. The feel is probably the best I've ever felt in a iron shaft. Tourstage isn't known to make the softest of irons/woods but these make the 709MC feel that desirable soft/spongey similar to the Epon 302s. Second place would be the Super Peening Blues. They MCI's are very accurate, mid launch and I think low spin. My miss is a slight hook with them but that's my swing not the shaft. I have the Recoil Tour Prototypes in Epon 302s and I find them slightly more accurate than the MCI's but they're not as long and they don't feel nearly as nice. They actually kind of mute/dull the beautiful feel of the Epon 302s. I've never hit the 302s with the MCIs but I have hit them with Nippon Super Peening blue shafts and they felt better than the recoils. Recoils are great for accuracy though!

I think you'll enjoy them!

I've got the 100x in my 909's and love them so much. Tario turned me on to them when the 909s first came out so I had them and the MCI's sent to Goodsie who did the build for me. They are everything everyone says. I went from the KBS to these. Ballflight is high but in a good way as its not at all ballooning, but I'd describe as soaring. Great feel and and perfect in the 909's

I will say though that I didn't like them so much in my wedges. I had the 100x in a 54 and 62 Vokey and really gave them a long time to get set in, but I eventually went back and had the KBS steel reinstalled into the wedges. After much deliberation I felt that while the 100x were great in putting in the irons which, they didn't match up well on my touch shots. I really feel that if you put them in wedges that you need to go heavier say the 120. I actually wanted to to do 120s in them but kind of talked myself out of it. I'm keeping the configuration I have now because it works and I enjoy it.

The MCI's in irons though are absolutely fantastic. Ever since putting them I haven't reconsidered at all other than the wedges mentioned above.

ash, how do the mcis compare to the roddios?

C

The roddio's are superior in feel and accuracy. The MCI's are great shaft excellent ball flight and feel. When compared to the Roddio's they fall a little short. The Roddio's are a tighter dispersion in my hands and i love the way they feel on impact. In a soft head you can really feel a good strike on the ball. I also believe the Roddios and livelier shafts and you can really get at the ball with them. Both play to the marked stiffeness and have similar weight feel to them. Cost wise the Roddio's are more expensive and sometimes harder to get.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm interseting this.

i hit some roddios a while back but didnt get on with them at all.

might give them another whirl in the same head.

thanks fellas this is good stuff..!

I've got both MCI's in 100 & 120 and also Roddio I-10's.

I think the MCI's are more accurate, Roddio's I can lose pretty easily.

Also testing new Crazy Graphite Stepped Protos and they are more accurate than steel, not as smooth as MCI or Roddio but they are legit and my new favorite carbon shaft. smoother feel than any steel for sure.

C

The roddio's are superior in feel and accuracy. The MCI's are great shaft excellent ball flight and feel. When compared to the Roddio's they fall a little short. The Roddio's are a tighter dispersion in my hands and i love the way they feel on impact. In a soft head you can really feel a good strike on the ball. I also believe the Roddios and livelier shafts and you can really get at the ball with them. Both play to the marked stiffeness and have similar weight feel to them. Cost wise the Roddio's are more expensive and sometimes harder to get.

thanks ash. this is very encouraging as i have a set of roddios shafts i may tinker with down the road. gaming modus 120

and haven't had the need to pull them for the roddios. i might just save these unicorns for a rainy day.

carlo