Fourteen CT-112 vs Ryoma D1 V-Spec vs jBEAM Pro ZY-11

johnnypro

Opinions wanted! I have been gaming the Fourteen CT-112 for two years now and nothing, repeat NOTHING, has been able to kick it out of the bag.

Not the Cally 815 BDB, not the Titty 915 D3 OR D4, not the TM AeroBurner TP (although it came close), not the TM Slider and not even the Ryoma D1 V-Spec which I played with the same Kiyoshi Purple 50 that I have in the Fourteen.

Having said all that, I hear a lot of talk about the jBEAM ZY. Is it for real????

We have been getting a lot of requests for ZY-11's this week oddly.

If you want spin reducing and a lower trajectory yes it's legit.

I have just about everything to choose from and I play a ZY with 7D shaft.

Backup is a Blackout 435 with 7D shaft and on the way is Maxima ST with 7D shaft.

Oh yeah....im a huge fan of the ZY11, the deep face works well for me and i like the sound and feel of this driver....distance is super long but the main reason i love this driver is sound and feel and it is also a very forgiving head !!

Edited by robbie

again, pardon the ignorance....what's a 7D shaft??

7D shaft is the Seven dreamers shaft, it allows the rich folk to outdrive us commoners by quite a bit : (

* i already feel like I'm cheating with the Zy 11, i can't even phatom how much better the Zy11 would be with a 7D shaft.....im currently rocking a Kamui pro 55g shaft ( stock shaft offering from my kamui nitro ) in my Zy11......

Edited by robbie

The Zy11 is conforming....it is stamped on the side of the head.....it wouldn't surprise me if this club was at the limit or slightly beyond it

You're sure about that?

I don't want to spend all that $ on an illegal head.

i do have 3 of them and they are all stamped conforming :tsg_smilie_smile2:

Robbie - have you played the blackout? How do they compare for you against the zy? I currently have two of the jbeam blackout heads

Edited by Aston55

It is concluded here that ZY11 stands out, wonder how will ZY11 compare with the new comer Grandista as it also highly recommended in this forum.

I have tried both and unfortunately the zy11 did not work out for me. Grandista , on the other hand works very well for me.

ZY11 , I would say is a bit unique in the overall shape, as well as sound at impact. one of the deepest faced heads i have known.

very very low spin.... I chose a 9.5 deg and paired it with a AAA 2015 and half my balls were drop balls with too little spin.

I may have had better luck with a 10.5 deg ...

Grandista is much more conventional from a looks and sound perspective.

I got my 7d shaft fitted for a 9.5 deg , Version S head and so that maybe one of the reasons this driver works for me...

higher launching , moderately more spin than ZY11. For me its a bit more forgiving as well.

I think both heads are equally potent as long as you can match it up with the right shaft that produces a combo that works for you.

Looking back, if I used a more active tip shaft, I may have had better luck with the ZY. but I have always used tip stiff shafts and I was not patient enough to give it more time and effort.

I would not characteize these two heads in the same category.

Interestingly, both heads were designed by Long Drive Professionals with different approach in optimizing distance performance.

I noticed the Zy11 needed much more loft than I'm accustomed to using.....normally i use a 8.5 or 9 degree driver but with the Zy, I'm good with a 11 deg driver and my backup Zy11 is a 10 deg

I like Grandista a lot but have gone back to the ZY-11 because I hit the ball too high and I impart too much spin on my drives.

Ping G30 I actually have a beater club in my garage and it's great all around just doesn't have feel, look, and has a bit too much spin even though it's sorta lower spin than average. Great club for most people though but while it performs well everyone who is a JDM fan that has one likes its performance but doesn't bag it very long.

So, the CT-112 seems like quite a club? I remember hearing this from different people. Even the stock shaft is apparently a really good fit