My refinished soft black Crazy MB

lousifers

Hi, I sent my Crazy MB heads to TSG last month and got them black on my trip to Japan last week. Matching my soft black Crazy wedges I posted, these heads also look fantastic. So happy I did this

Shafted these with new MCI Black and shafts the wedges with new MCI Solid shafts. No time to play it yet. Hope for the best. Thanks Chris for this.

Guys enjoy the pic. Took it with iPhone so not the best photo

Mark

post-14889-0-88140900-1463215951_thumb.j

post-14889-0-84995900-1463215968_thumb.j

post-14889-0-47160300-1463216088_thumb.j

post-14889-0-87610500-1463216121_thumb.j

post-14889-0-40695800-1463216147_thumb.j

I really like this finish!

Beautiful! Enjoy!

Sweet!!!

• 3 months later...

I am thinking about same finish with same shaft. That looks great!

I know what you mean. Hey, any chance you've also played and could compare these blades to Miura baby's or A-Grind R1's? I've never had a chance to hit the Crazy's, and would be curious. Thx.

I am interested in that review/comparison as well.  Heck, I would like ALL things compared to the Miura Small (Baby) Blades.  I know what those are all about and I love them.  That, to me, is the most difficult thing about JDM equipment is everything seems like a shot in the dark because there isn't anywhere to demo them.

I was about to buy Miura small blades but had never hit them, even in LA where several retailers for the brand are located.  Then RLL graciously let me hit his Agrind R1's and, well, that did it for me.  I knew what the head was and how I played it.  The only question is copper vs soft black refinished heads.  

I will say this about JDM and shot in the dark.  The last new club I bought was jbeam Blackout.  With shaft, $1K shot in the dark. Chris and I talked about it over a few emails - specs, etc.  This was now 2+ years ago.  I have not looked back on drivers.  I get everything out of it my swing can get.  2 years with a driver is a record for me. I am hoping and betting in 2 years, I will still be playing these. That would be great. I'd like to wear a set of irons out (for once!)

Lucifers, how do you like that shaft?  I am thinking 100g stiff, soft stepped a little.   

I never hit particular models of Miura and A-Grind mentioned above, but I owned Miura set years ago and found that Epon was more forgiving so I switched and never owned any more Miura irons (btw, MB-5000WC wedge is excellent)

For Crazy MB, it's very forgiving for the blade... actually 2nd most forgiving blade I've tried right behind 2013 Yamaha Tour blade. The top line looks so great, making address position with the ball so favorable. The feel, the sound, and dispersion is really really great. I so wondered when seeing other members sell the MB

MCI black - it is MCI with enhanced forgiving on mid-long irons and with more stability on short irons due to weight flow. If you're about to buy MCI100 or MCI110, but MCI100 Black instead

Mark

Yeah, the 100 Black is what I am thinking about and your report made me even more convinced.  Thx.

It's interesting to me, how blades have evolved. I have now seen a lot of designs that are much more playable than, say, my old Staffs or Ram Tour Grinds.   I am not surprised to hear the Crazy MB's are forgiving.  I have a set of Macgregor vfoils, launched around 2000.  I don't know if they were the people that shifted things with MB design, but this club is not hard to hit at all, even with a thin sole and pretty thin top line.  I had a set of Miura CB (2007) that were a lot harder to play. The A-grinds will be a little more demanding than the Macs.   I think a LOT of it is your comfort zone - and how consistent your swing it.