A-Grind's new Type-D Hyrbid

TourSpecGolfer

Here's another one.  

Ako-san's main expertise is in designing fairway and utility clubs including hybrids and driving irons.  He is the man who designed all the best sonartec/royal collection clubs during their hay day.  The A-Grind wedges are also something special.  Ako-san a man who drives from JPGA event to event arguably produces the best shaped fairway clubs ever.  

In a nutshell your looking at the proto hybrid with a widersole and more shallow face.  It's not for the high handicap either.  I'm moving to these for now.  STP shafts will be the ticket of course.

A-Grind-Hybrid-Utility-DST6.jpg

A-Grind-Hybrid-Utility-DST1.jpg

A-Grind-Hybrid-Utility-DST5.jpg

A-Grind-Hybrid-Utility-DST3.jpg

I use an RC 505V, I assume that is an Ako-san design. This looks tasty too! Also have an old Sonartec HB001 that is really nice.

Chris, I have a Precept prototype Club-X that Tad Moore gave me in 1997. It was from Japan and the first hybrid ever I've been told. Remember those?

Yes Club-X was a popular iron back in the day  That old school Bridgestone connection.   Not the easiest to hit if I recall correctly?

No, forward cg did not help with elevation. I carried a 1-iron back then and rarely used the club-x. It is cool though ?

Loved all my Royal Collection Hybrids back in the day and my A-Grind proto is spectacular as well. This looks even better!