Driver recommendations

michaelt

Looking for some recommendations on a new driver. I'm fine to go up to 400cc and donlt mind if it's hi-cor.

I currently use an 8.5 deg Titleist 975J w/ Aldila 75S.

- Yardage: 285-295 yards

- Ball flight is low/medium with a marginal draw

I was thinking of the TM R7 or some Japanese drivers. My priorities are feel, forgiveness and length. I need something that has slight workability however for the most part I'll leave that to my TM TP Rescue.

Any ideas would be great appreciated.

Just give it a couple more weeks and I will have a hardcore review of the X390 vs the R7. At the moment i think distance is maxed out and forgiveness is all that can be gained.

I was again reminded how great the Gemini is today when I had a chance to take mine out to the range. The club is outstandingly straight! I have the 395 w/ a Fuji Tour Release 26.3 shaft in it. I have had it built to 44 1/2'' and it's very accurate and seems as long or maybe longer than my old Ping SI3.

I'm looking forward to playing w/ my friend, as he just bought a TM Tour Preferred w/ the Fuji Speeder 757 ($600 driver) to compare the two. I have a feeling he is going to regret spending the extra $300 over my driver once he has chance to see it's performance! Time will tell.