Fourten ut 716 hybrid/driving wood

supo

Sing out to this VERY different  utility/ driving wood.

head shape is one of a kind.

its on set, its HUGE and its so very easy to hit.

I reshated this one with a  diamana stinger 70x    I had spare. certainly tightened it up and added some consistency  .

original shaft is ok...........................at  best.....................as  3I LOFT (21*)  ITS PROB NOT FOR THE  majpority of  players, but they make a 17* 1i  as well and that's a different kettle of fish entirely, so the 21* is one of the easier high lofted DI/utes ive hit. Don't really know what to call this bec its not  driving IRON, the head shape is a total club! much more like some weird wood shape than irons shape and nothing like ur normal utlity.

it wins from a tee box, by a factor or all of it, blows all other utes away form a box, I used it yesterday and  cud hit it 210-220 with ease. into a semi stiff breexze it held up really well, did not balloon, , its not very high launch ( thanks tipped stinger)  and it doesn not like to move around laterally, its pretty awesome for point shoot even slightly toes shots stayed the course nicely.

Put a new cadero on it, ( I wud never waste a cadero on a substandard club!) AND  ITHINK that took a bit of sting out of its tail  from the grass but made it a hammer form the tee.  much prefer the thinner grips for irons or club  played from the  grass, BUT HTIS WORKS  ok still and its SUPERB from deep rough , like yesterday where it was 6 inch deep   plus , you can get the whole face on  the ball  and  be farily confident  ull get the face somewhere not the crown which is a rotten habit for the sleeker utes.

the 21* is a decent all rounder but it excels from a tee for par 3s or short par 4s, I mean I think its unbeatable. from the grass  ithink the more sleeker are easier   but if u hit a lot of  balls from tees  to greens with  utes , then this thing  shud be worth a peek.

20190826_131729.jpg

Edited by supo

I had all 3 of these, 1i/3i/5i and whilst I hit some great shots with them, particularly the 3i and 5i, I didn't like the feel.

with u on that as a whole,  the , feel is   kind of  duller and slightly less  lifeless,  the stock shaft wasn't so bad, but  with a steel shaft ( modus 105s)  I have In the 17* 1i its kinda of eeeeek!, no life. at  all

the boron in the 21* is definitely  better,  I don't notice any lack of feel with that, I get a nice ting in the fingers on impact, but def not a soft gusssh like with the modart.  that thing is outrageous for feel.

this is a performance club solely it makes a good addition  to a set as an alternate  and I think the 21* is prob the best of them.

I used a heap of utes over the hols  and this was the one I eneded up going  to more than the others bec the 5wood/4 wood made such a huge recovery for me   in my bags the other  strong lofted utes were benched ,  as were the driving irons , which is the first  time in YRS they have been usurped .

not everyone tee party that's for sure but for pure performance ESP from a tee this, wins.