Shimada Tour vs Modus 125

junior_golfer

I’ve never played the 125s but I have a set of Shinagawa’s with the K’s Tour X’s and I love them. They are definitely one of the most stout shafts you can find, a lot of people will describe them as boardy and people who’ve hit mine have commented on the stiffness. Although, in my experience and the people who’ve hit my irons, if you put a good firm swing on your irons then you’ll still get excellent launch and dead straight ball flight despite how stiff if feels. I have a reeeally high ball flight especially with my irons so I’ve been searching for the lowest launching shaft possible, and this is so far one of my favorites 

spot on with that.

the 125x are a much smoother feeling shaft, pretty much the same weight if I remember correctly.

I had the shimadas in a set of miuraisms for a long time until I started playing them here and I wasn't getting the launch I needed in JP to land on the planet sized greens we have, so I swpaeed them out for the 125s... was a good move.

on links tor in wind the shimadas are a tough nut to compete with let alone beat, u wont move them about laterally. only ones I think hold candle to them are the NS super peening blues.

shimadas much more stout feeling and lower launching than the 125s and similar to the super peeening blue.

iwud toss a caoin over the shims and SP range as to which are better, in fact that's impossible they are very similar

Modus for me!  same reason as you guys,  feels smoother and especially in winter!  I also notice going down in weight or flex with Modus doesn't cause the same timing at impact issues as it does with Shimadas and others.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone once told me in this forum, for the Shimadas, if you have the strength and speed, go for it. Went for it and really feel if swung at the right rhythm, it’s the smoothest and most stable shaft out there for me. It lets you know exactly how you use the club, full ball flight control. If you make a mistake, it’s let’s you know exactly that 😁

Edited by Oznek